PDA

View Full Version : If someone you hated died would you be happy?

Eyrion
06-28-2011, 03:57 AM
So if someone you hated died, would you sit back and laugh.. Maybe throw a party? Or would you be sad, or would you even care? Also if they said they would be happy if YOU died, and meant it, would you do the same?

Chillax
06-28-2011, 04:06 AM
I'd feel happy then regret it afterwards.

Sinned
06-28-2011, 04:10 AM
I'd be sad, everybody has to live their own miserable lives, why should they get the easy way out?

Eyrion
06-28-2011, 04:31 AM
I'd be sad, everybody has to live their own miserable lives, why should they get the easy way out?

Because if they take the easy way out then they won't get to go to Erinn with the rest of us. Wait... Was that a rhetorical question?

Brynn
06-28-2011, 04:32 AM
I would never wish that upon someone I didn't like.

I'd definitely be sad.

Shanghai
06-28-2011, 04:41 AM
I'd feel at least some remorse, maybe wonder why I hated the person, and why I never bothered to probably make up with that person(or at least get to a point where we don't hate each other), since I usually do. Forgive and forget...

Natural Harmonia Gropius
06-28-2011, 04:47 AM
on the outside, i would make it seem like i didnt care. on the inside, id be laughing histerically with an insane look on my imaginary face. i ponder the state of my sanity sometimes :what:.

Nakishu
06-28-2011, 04:50 AM
No, I wouldn't be happy.

Death is a terrible thing. Also it is very disrespectful to the family.

Drizzit
06-28-2011, 05:17 AM
I was happy when Bin Laden died. Does that count?

Medusa
06-28-2011, 05:46 AM
depends on how much i hate them. certain people i know deserve worse than death... to be honest i probably wouldn't care too much beyond the initial reaction.

Nintega
06-28-2011, 05:51 AM
I live with a person I hate that much. If he died, my life would only change for the better. So yeah, I'd be happy.

TA
06-28-2011, 06:03 AM
It depends how much I hated them and the nature of that hate.

Phunkie
06-28-2011, 09:51 AM
If it's a terrorist like Bin Laden or just a cruel, cruel person, I'd feel relieved.

Otherwise, if it's a silly high school classmate that I never liked, I wouldn't celebrate or anything. I think that'd be kinda silly.

Campylobacter jejuni
06-28-2011, 10:40 AM
Depends on the reason why. If I hated them for purely personal reasons, I'd be sad, if I hated them because I found their influence on society to be notably detrimental, I'd be very relieved. Not because they died of course, but because they couldn't directly exert their influence anymore. Just gotta hope they don't die a martyr's death or something follower-inspiring like that.

Mama
06-28-2011, 10:55 AM
Never hated anyone like that. I'd likely be completely indifferent.

I see death as a way out instead of a method of suffering. If I truly hated someone, death would be the last thing on the agenda.

♪★ Scandalous ☆ ♫
06-28-2011, 11:03 AM
Death wouldn't satisfy me.
I'd rather they live in misery for as long as possible.

Conor
06-28-2011, 11:17 AM
Depends. If I'm going to hate someone, it's going to be because they're a notoriously bad person who's committed an inconceivable amount of offenses towards others.
So chances are that if a infamous murderer or rapist or someone were to die, I'd probably be relieved if not happy like many others.

So0o I wouldn't be happy per se, more like relieved.

Hexed
06-28-2011, 12:42 PM
A lot of people might think they will, but they probably wont. A girl in my class died about a week ago, and only about 30 minutes before it happened, another girl was saying some really rude things to her and insulting the girl. Ever since she died, the girl that was bullying her has been going through a really tough time, and can't even live with herself because of what she said before the girl died.

Skye
06-28-2011, 12:53 PM
I think I'd probably be more like, "Sweet, finally." Then carry on with my life.

Cynic
06-28-2011, 12:57 PM
I would be ridiculously happy! Like, buy a plane ticket and go back to MN just to dance and piss on his grave happy. Even if I was dirt poor.
Personally I would rather kill him myself, but.. you know, him dead either way makes me a happy camper.

tl;dr; if someone pisses me off enough to hate them, you bet I'd laugh hysterically at their dead corpse. And probably mutilate it.

EndlessDreams
06-28-2011, 01:22 PM
Happy at first, and then eventually forget about that person. If the reverse happened, I wouldn't care... unless that person is out to murder me, which would be a different story.

Hitaki
06-28-2011, 01:23 PM
I'd be sad if they didn't die by my own hands.

Cynic
06-28-2011, 01:26 PM
I'd be sad if they didn't die by my own hands.

/High-five!

Jarvan IV
06-28-2011, 01:54 PM
secretly cheering my head "YESSSSS, YESSSS, YESSSHHHHHHH"

Schezo
06-28-2011, 01:58 PM
As much as I hold grudges, I always believe life is precious, so my answer would be mostly not.

Hanna
06-28-2011, 02:20 PM
on the outside, i would make it seem like i didnt care. on the inside, id be laughing histerically with an insane look on my imaginary face. i ponder the state of my sanity sometimes :what:.

this even if it's sarcasm

I'd act like I didn't give a **** but on the inside I'd be laughing my ass off.
This is assuming I truly hated this person.

Chiyuri
06-29-2011, 10:16 AM
One out of the way, only so many more.. it's a good thing but not really worth throwing a party for. It would be similar as to the feeling you get when you find a small penny on the ground and pick it up.

Natural Harmonia Gropius
06-29-2011, 10:27 AM
this even if it's sarcasm

I'd act like I didn't give a **** but on the inside I'd be laughing my ass off.
This is assuming I truly hated this person.

no sarcasm. im actually a very sick, twisted, sadistic person on the inside. i put on my glow stick halo and cardboard wings in public though.

Iyasenu
06-29-2011, 11:18 AM
oH THIS IS WEIRDLY FUNNY,
nOT THAT WHOLE, uH, soMEONE DYING THING, BUT THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THIS tHREAD, }:o

wAIT, i MEAN,
iT'S FUNNY TO ME BECAUSE JUST A FEW HOURS AGO i WAS WATCHING A VIDEO OF fOAMY THE sQUIRREL ABOUT THIS TOPIC, SORT OF, }:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3fYng87SM

Natural Harmonia Gropius
06-29-2011, 11:21 AM
oH THIS IS WEIRDLY FUNNY,
nOT THAT WHOLE, uH, soMEONE DYING THING, BUT THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THIS tHREAD, }:o

wAIT, i MEAN,
iT'S FUNNY TO ME BECAUSE JUST A FEW HOURS AGO i WAS WATCHING A VIDEO OF fOAMY THE sQUIRREL ABOUT THIS TOPIC, SORT OF, }:o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rN3fYng87SM

this made me lol. rep for you

Timotei
06-29-2011, 12:45 PM
I wouldn't care if the person I hated died. Not my problem.

pinkkea
07-01-2011, 09:50 PM

this made me think of death note

EDIT: Imo, I think I'd celebrate

Look at what happened after bin Laden's death

Moppy
07-01-2011, 10:44 PM
I don't hate anyone. I may dislike people because of their qualities but I will never truly hate someone. It's stupid to have hate get in the way of your relationship with society.

Tarvos
07-02-2011, 01:42 AM
Depends on what they did. Hate is such a strong word, and it takes a lot for me to even dislike someone. If they really did something bad to me or friends, of course I'd be happy. An annoyance no longer exists. Later on, I'd simply not care. Life goes on.

It's cruel, but, that's how I feel. I really mean it when I say it takes a lot to make me hate someone. I can't think of a single person I actually hate. "Revenge" does not grant peace, but often peace of mind, however temporary it might be. This scenario is the same to me.

Murasaki
07-02-2011, 10:58 PM
I guess it would depend on the reason I hated them.

Spike
07-03-2011, 07:49 AM
I don't hate, so I'd be indifferent about it.

Kaeporo
07-03-2011, 09:00 AM
Hate is an emotion just like all of the others. If you can't feel hate, you might as well not feel love or happiness.

The same thing applies to death. If you can't take another person's life (in self defense), you shouldn't be able to create life.

Cynic
07-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Hate is an emotion just like all of the others. If you can't feel hate, you might as well not feel love or happiness.

The same thing applies to death. If you can't take another person's life (in self defense), you shouldn't be able to create life.

Dohohoho.

+rep for the first part.

Kuma
07-03-2011, 02:40 PM
It really depends on the reason why I hated them.

I don't despise anyone so greatly that I want them to die, anyways.

Justin1221
07-03-2011, 03:41 PM
It would depend. I could dislike someone, disagree with someone, not want to be around someone, but I try not to hate, even though I find myself using the word a lot. Sometimes I forget how strong of a word it is.

If it was someone who did something very terrible intentionally; so terrible, that some would even consider it unforgivable, maybe something like murder, torture, rape, or something else nearly just as bad as or even worse than those 3, I would most likely hate them, and while I wouldn't be happy that they died, I would be relieved and not feel bad about their death.

You saw how happy everyone was when they found out that the SEALS killed Osama Bin Ladin. It's because he was responisble for the deaths of several loved ones in the 9/11 bombing (though it's not like he flew the plane himself).

Yet, even when he died, I didn't feel very happy. I even questioned if it was right for everyone to go as far as to throw parties and make jokes (though the fact that they killed him with a headshot WAS kinda cool) and other **** about his death.

Moppy
07-03-2011, 10:18 PM

That doesn't mean I can't avoid using that emotion. I would rather not even consider hatred as an emotion because I would rather concentrate on basic emotion and the more complex positive emotions. Humans do their best to defy every other feature of life, I don't see why we shouldn't pursue true positivity.

Mama
07-03-2011, 10:44 PM

well, i'm fked. I've never hated anyone. Don't think I'm capable.
that being said, I don't think you have the right idea on what hate is.

Cynic
07-03-2011, 11:15 PM
Well, I know I am well aware of what hate is. It isn't the best of emotions really, but is one of the most powerful. I always think of those who are supposedly "incapable" of it as naive and/or too "good-hearted", but that's just me.

Mama
07-04-2011, 01:33 AM
Well, I know I am well aware of what hate is. It isn't the best of emotions really, but is one of the most powerful. I always think of those who are supposedly "incapable" of it as naive and/or too "good-hearted", but that's just me.
D:
I just don't see the point.
I get apathetic, I get annoyed, I let sleeping dogs lie and let them fk themselves over if need be, but never hate.
For me, when it comes to others, it is about understanding first and foremost.
I'm still always considered naive by people.. so you're proly right anyways. sighs.

Okitaru
07-04-2011, 01:50 AM
To answer the question directly, no.
I think it'd be wrong to be happy.
I think it was wrong for people to be happy and celebrate Osama's death.
On so many deeper levels, however, it gets muddied up, even more so in America,

Kansi
07-04-2011, 01:55 AM
Happy? No. Glad? No. But would I be sad? I don't think so either. Remorseful? Maybe. I'm generally too apathetic when it comes to these things.

Eyrion
07-04-2011, 06:29 PM
Well it's time for I to post my opinion on thou thread. I wouldn't be happy as much as I would be relieved. If the person had tried to kill me or my family the story would be different. Anyway I've never really "Hated" anyone in general, I've never really been put in such a situation as to hate them. The closest to hate I've ever felt towards someone is when some fat ****er started insulting me and my brother because we told them we were going to put a smile on their face. This happened at a Park across the street from my Grandmothers house. They eventually turned their childish insults into bringing people real harm, by pushing people over onto the ground and such, the police were called and they lied to the police telling them we threatened to "**** their mom"
when we had done no such thing. Jeez.. Real life trolls are worse than internet trolls.. They get the cops involved. Anyway I didn't really give a **** about that incident.

Campylobacter jejuni
07-04-2011, 06:38 PM
I'm still always considered naive by people...
You're by far the least naive of all the people I personally interacted with.

Dunant eventually established the neutrality of medical personnel in war, and those nay-sayers would have called him naive for believing in it too. Well I know whom I'd call naive in this case.

Conor
07-04-2011, 07:10 PM
D:
I get apathetic, I get annoyed, I let sleeping dogs lie and let them fk themselves over if need be, but never hate.
I'm still always considered naive by people.. so you're proly right anyways. sighs.

I agree with all of this aside from the last sentence.

Just as Torben has said in the post above mine, you are by far one of the people that has shown the least amount of naïvete in these forums.

Mama
07-04-2011, 08:14 PM
You're by far the least naive of all the people I personally interacted with.

Dunant eventually established the neutrality of medical personnel in war, and those nay-sayers would have called him naive for believing in it too. Well I know whom I'd call naive in this case.

I agree with all of this aside from the last sentence.

Just as Torben has said in the post above mine, you are by far one of the people that has shown the least amount of naïvete in these forums.

*surprised*
you guys are too sweet.

/hides her rose coloured glasses.

Claudia
07-04-2011, 08:30 PM
Interesting question.

For me, it would depend on the person. Though there are some people i've vehemently disliked with all of my feelings, power, and emotion, if they died I would probably feel horrible.

The worst thing I could ever do to somebody I 'hated' [according to some people, I can't even hate people because I have no qualms about pointing out the good inside of them] would be to wish that they moved away or something so I wouldn't have to deal with them in face-to-face conversation and encounters.

Cynic
07-04-2011, 08:36 PM
D:

I wouldn't call you naive, either. It's more so the idea of being unable to hate people that sounds naive to me. There's nothing wrong with it, of course, but you know me.

I'm just one of those with harsh ideals <3

Monsieur
07-06-2011, 10:40 AM
as many others have said, it would be the reason why i hated them that would be the ultimate deciding factor in my happiness towards their death.
i've had school hate, where i've hated people that have teased me in school. i don't think i'd wish death on them.
i've had hate where i see murders and such going on around me, i think i'd be indifferent to their death.
for people who have personally wronged me in such a way that they've left a lasting impression, or have affected my mental health for any period of time, then yes, i would be glad, but it would pass, and would eventually turn into indifference.

CIRNO
07-08-2011, 03:37 PM
I do believe that even if you do wish for people to die, nevertheless, it must be quite an unhappy experience to get your wish granted.

No, there is nothing happy coming from death. Most people practically felt nothing when Osama died anyway.

Phanterz
07-10-2011, 08:54 AM
The most basic emotion is to feel happiness when something you hate disappears.

Mama
07-10-2011, 12:48 PM
The most basic emotion is to feel happiness when something you hate disappears.

I'd think that'd be relief.

Cynic
07-10-2011, 01:40 PM
Well, I can only imagine feeling relief if they held something over you. I.e... you hated someone because they were holding your family hostage, for example.

Mama
07-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Well, I can only imagine feeling relief if they held something over you. I.e... you hated someone because they were holding your family hostage, for example.

hmm.. *thinks*
that's true.
hate to me just seems like a burden to carry, which is why I believe relief and/or peace follows their death.