This makes me sad.
Prepare yer wallets

radionoise
08-23-2012, 08:32 AM
Yup. Mabiapocalypse finally here.

GG giants, GG mages, GG alchemists.

Slayerj
08-23-2012, 08:54 AM
ALL OF THE FUCK EVERYTHING. They haz all of my fuck everything. All of it. ALL OF IT. *looks at the prices* ALL OF IT!
Fucknexonsohard.avi.jpg.com.why.

Side note. Radionoise, how is anyone to blame? We all knew deep down this would happen at some point. Especially when we didn't get the free weak versions in the ducat shop with that last update. I mean, not like people aren't buying 80 gachas a day or anything and giving them enough cash to pay their employes and run the game for years to come-oh wait. (I know that's an exaggeration but still =,=)

Maenad
08-23-2012, 08:57 AM
I love how they offer them in packages of up to 35. They know people are going to spam the hell out of them.

Noxctis
08-23-2012, 08:59 AM
LOL. TIME FOR FIRE ALCHEMY TO OWN! I mean NOOOOO!!!

Froglord of DESTINY!!!
08-23-2012, 09:00 AM
I love how they offer them in packages of up to 35. They know people are going to spam the hell out of them.

Of course they are, if you haven't been on maplestory, that's all everyone with nx fucking does (other than spam smegas)

Maenad
08-23-2012, 09:00 AM
LOL. TIME FOR FIRE ALCHEMY TO OWN!

Compared to archery, now?

radionoise
08-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Side note. Radionoise, how is anyone to blame? We all knew deep down this would happen at some point. Especially when we didn't get the free weak versions in the ducat shop with that last update. I mean, not like people aren't buying 80 gachas a day or anything and giving them enough cash to pay their employes and run the game for years to come-oh wait. (I know that's an exaggeration but still =,=)

I'm not blaming anyone? You probably misunderstood my post. I only meant that giants, mages and alchemists get shafted real hard because of advanced toolkits... for reasons stated in several other threads.

But yes, this was expected to happen eventually...

Maenad
08-23-2012, 09:07 AM
What's stopping them from releasing everything else now? Where are the mysterious kits and removal kits? Where are the pet trading medals and the spirit blessing potions?

radionoise
08-23-2012, 09:09 AM
What's stopping them from releasing everything else now?

Profit.

Restore kits would mean no one would buy Credne, Mysterious kits would mean non-paying players would stand a small tiny chance against paying players and we can't have that.

Brynn
08-23-2012, 09:21 AM
Guys the ingame shop isn't working and I want to buy these ugh.

Spaghedeity
08-23-2012, 09:24 AM
Guys the ingame shop isn't working and I want to buy these ugh.

Fuck you and your want of buying these.

THESE KITS ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Brynn
08-23-2012, 09:25 AM
Fuck you and your want of buying these.

THESE KITS ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS.

Stop complaining. If I don't use them, that won't stop anyone else from doing it. Why would I stop myself from making my elf stronger because of how some people feel about this?

Maenad
08-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Stop complaining. If I don't use them, that won't stop anyone else from doing it. Why would I stop myself from making my elf stronger because of how some people feel about this?

How about 70% of the general populace.

Spaghedeity
08-23-2012, 09:30 AM
how about we all just quit until nexon stops fucking up this game so hardcore. ;;

LF>Mabinogi Private Server

Brynn
08-23-2012, 09:32 AM
How about 70% of the general populace.

70% of the general populace won't buy this?

How much is it?

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 09:32 AM
Honestly, even though this is obviously horrible for the game, I wouldn't be *as* salty (from a selfish perspective) if mage reforges were as good as weapon reforges. Sadly, they're not (outside mana shield reforge on gloves lol)

Noxctis
08-23-2012, 09:49 AM
Compared to archery, now?

Lol. I can still own monsters. :D

Chiyuri
08-23-2012, 09:54 AM
*sigh*
There goes all my chances to ever make money again..

The people "who won the game" will farm all the attaineble rares and heavily drop their value, making it hard for those who didn't win the game to ever make money.

Froglord of DESTINY!!!
08-23-2012, 10:03 AM
mabilstory.

radionoise
08-23-2012, 10:04 AM
*sigh*
There goes all my chances to ever make money again..

The people "who won the game" will farm all the attaineble rares and heavily drop their value, making it hard for those who didn't win the game to ever make money.

Everyone can be r1 blacksmith and make money with no difficulty now though!

Oh wait, r1 blacksmith is not profitable anymore because now everyone can be r1 blacksmith...

Maenad
08-23-2012, 10:05 AM
Welp, I quit. I can't, and I won't, deal with this shit.

Chiyuri
08-23-2012, 10:06 AM
Everyone can be r1 blacksmith and make money with no difficulty now though!

Oh wait, r1 blacksmith is not profitable anymore because now everyone can be r1 blacksmith...

Only if they can get High end Blacksmithing hammer with the EXP reforge..
Which is not everyone...

Ketchup
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Make a bunch of threads in NExon forums telling them to take them off?

Maenad
08-23-2012, 10:09 AM
Level 20 Blacksmithing EXP reforge means 300% training EXP per each requirement.

BecomeMeguca
08-23-2012, 10:21 AM
Level 20 Blacksmithing EXP reforge means 300% training EXP per each requirement.

I thought exp reforges only go up to lvl 10.
Also, stackers. They existed and even then the economy was alright. This won't be bad as everyone makes it seem since only a few will have good reforges. Even with 300 bucks, the chances of getting elemental reforge lvl 10 is slim to none on a dual wieldable weapon.

radionoise
08-23-2012, 10:25 AM
I thought exp reforges only go up to lvl 10.
Also, stackers. They existed and even then the economy was alright. This won't be bad as everyone makes it seem since only a few will have good reforges. Even with 300 bucks, the chances of getting elemental reforge lvl 10 is slim to none on a dual wieldable weapon.

You can only get Lv 3 on one sword and Lv 3 on the other because elementals suck on dual-wield.

From now 2h weapons/bows/knuckles are the metagame due to better elemental reforges. Also, this. (http://mabination.com/threads/59938-Best-End-Game-class?p=936455&viewfull=1#post936455)

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 10:38 AM
You can only get Lv 3 on one sword and Lv 3 on the other because elementals suck on dual-wield.

From now 2h weapons/bows/knuckles are the metagame due to better elemental reforges. Also, this. (http://mabination.com/threads/59938-Best-End-Game-class?p=936455&viewfull=1#post936455)

Assuming of course you can drop 100 dollars on it!

astony
08-23-2012, 11:09 AM
do you still need to ego in order to get elemental lvl 2 on reforge with these NX reforge kits?

radionoise
08-23-2012, 11:14 AM
do you still need to ego in order to get elemental lvl 2 on reforge with these NX reforge kits?

No, you can spam $300 on anything to "win" now.

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
You can't spam 300 on a WAND to win!

Or a CYLINDER!

Though I might get OP mana shield at least

Aubog007
08-23-2012, 11:40 AM
I just want my life skills done.

Kyubey
08-23-2012, 11:41 AM
You can't spam 300 on a WAND to win!

Or a CYLINDER!

why do you think there's barely any mage or alchemist on korean servers?

radionoise
08-23-2012, 11:44 AM
Post ADV reforge mabinogi:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MT2Hn_CIq_c

And that is a single high rank reforge on a single piece of equipment. This one reforge can still be outclassed 2~3x on the same item by spamming even more NX... and then remember that there are 6~7 other equipment slots for you to get OP reforges on!

Add on top stuff like Crash Shot with fireball AoE range or Crash Shot/Magnum damage on gloves... or receiving all 1s and 2s with Mana Shield Lv 20 reforge... or having zero shot aim speed at far ranges with Lv 20 effective range reforge.

It is now more efficient to grind for gold to buy NX and subsequently buy cash shop reforges than it is to rank any skills or obtain any enchants. Non-paying players now don't have a chance against paying players regardless of how long each have played or combat skill or anything at all... even if you choose to ignore this, much fun will be had when you try to run a mission but everything is dead in one single crash shot/wm from one of your friends... and then there's the other effects on the economy, since now enchants/weapon grades, etc are basically for show and for mere e-penor when you already have high level reforges.

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 11:55 AM
why do you think there's barely any mage or alchemist on korean servers?

Hey, he did say "you can spam 300 on anything"

radionoise
08-23-2012, 11:58 AM
Hey, he did say "you can spam 300 on anything"

You can on a wand. Elemental reforges might have magic beat for damage/efficiency, but IS reforges are pretty epic and you can definitely "win" with them... only to a lesser extent.

Alchemy is lol, but flame burst gets a couple extra hits and I'm sure that will make someone happy... and the raincasting reforges could be considered "win" to a certain extent.

Tropa
08-23-2012, 12:21 PM
Well, fuck.
:fail2:

Bought one, used it on an item with three reforges, my gloves
http://puu.sh/Y5qA

Zeo
08-23-2012, 02:07 PM
Wait so you don't have to use restore kit in order to use advanced/creidhne reforges on stuffs that is already reforged?

csraln
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
why only purchase with real money D:

time to sell my acc

Lan
08-23-2012, 02:15 PM
If people want to spend their whole pay checks making their characters godly well I say let them ~_~

Adrianblade
08-23-2012, 02:23 PM
Christ and I had such hope this would never come lol. Ah well time to use the NX Ive been saving up for moments like this o-o

MrMs
08-23-2012, 02:24 PM
Do you like use credne up to 3line, then spam fines?

Maenad
08-23-2012, 02:32 PM
Oh sorry, I didn't realize it was so outrageous to want a half-balanced game. I didn't realize I was crazy to think that the work I put into this game should amount to a whole tenth of someone who shoves cash down Nexon's throat. I always log on to gloat about how much better I am than everyone else, but Nexon is ruining that for me, and that is clearly why I am upset. I spend 9/10th of my mabi life massaging my ego, I absolutely hate the gameplay in mabinogi.

The only reason I play at all is so you little worms can bow to how awesome I am for forcing myself to play a game which I clearly despise. These are all the logical conclusions we must draw. It's not like giving players roughly two to four times the power that I have, would effect me in any way other than comparing egos. Nexon has ruined my plans for mabinogi domination, and now I must quit before someone is more powerful than me at something.

I should just be happy this game is free to play, it's not like I was strung in for two years with somewhat balanced gameplay, only to have Nexon declare that the payers should be outright stronger than anyone else. You'd have to be insane to think Nexon is doing this for anything but the interest of players everywhere.

I love the person who posted this. I really do.

Zeo
08-23-2012, 02:37 PM
That person sound like he's being butthurt for having low-leveled players getting higher damage than he can...

Also... he said he want people to bow down to him... sound like he only cared about his e-peen, glad he's leaving game. I don't want a snobby type of people like him. x:

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 02:43 PM
He was being sarcastic.

And tell me, why is it "okay" that people can pay money to break the game?

How about this?

Give Nexon 100 dollars, get a working copy of Mabipake that only dupes gold/items, but doesn't harm other players.

Is that acceptable? After all, it doesn't affect your gameplay.

I guess trans stackers are okay too? Don't affect your gameplay.

Cynic
08-23-2012, 02:45 PM
People with money will always get better things while the poor struggle; it's the same way in real life, so why does it surprise people when it happens in games?

thunderbro
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
This would not be nearly as bad if they would have added the ducat reforges...

Mentosftw
08-23-2012, 02:48 PM
Because games aren't meant to have a variable like money that allows someone to win as long as have enough of it.

How would you feel if in you were watching you favorite sporting event live, then the team you dislike gives a suitcase full of money to your favorite team so they will disqualify themselves? Legally as well.

Zeo
08-23-2012, 02:49 PM
People with money will always get better things while the poor struggle; it's the same way in real life, so why does it surprise people when it happens in games?

Quoted for truth...

The poor sometime do get things handed to them for free, kinda the same concept for Mabinogi as well.

Nobelium
08-23-2012, 03:02 PM
To save NX, frustration and nerves: I'll probably just ignore it until I actually have 100k NX's worth of kits one day somehow.

That aside, we have one sample for what it takes to get elem 6...does anyone else have comparisons?

Insomnia
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM
To save NX, frustration and nerves: I'll probably just ignore it until I actually have 100k NX's worth of kits one day somehow.

That aside, we have one sample for what it takes to get elem 6...does anyone else have comparisons?

Owl has (or had) fire 4 ice 4 arbalest.

radionoise
08-23-2012, 03:08 PM

Guildie has Fire Lv 6 Dragon Fang ego with under $200.

Zid
08-23-2012, 03:16 PM
If people want to spend their whole pay checks making their characters godly well I say let them ~_~

Yes, this. It's not like this is fundamentally any different than before. The only thing that has changed is the rate of acceleration for paying players.

And if this increased rate of acceleration is the cause of misery just now, then I have no reason to talk about this any further.

Chiyuri
08-23-2012, 03:26 PM
Yes, this. It's not like this is fundamentally any different than before. The only thing that has changed is the rate of acceleration for paying players.

And if this increased rate of acceleration is the cause of misery just now, then I have no reason to talk about this any further.

This will affect the economy in a bad way through.

Maenad
08-23-2012, 03:28 PM
Life skills were those things you ranked in the end to absolutely maximize your damage. Now enchants and actually decent weapons are in the same group.

Lyoto
08-23-2012, 03:30 PM

Because people want to believe that there is some sort of 'justice system'. That companies should be fair to everyone and respect their loyalty. Well they don't give a shit! Companies like Nexon want money, they need it.

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 03:40 PM

You're right. There is something, though, to be said about driving into the wall at 50 mph, as opposed to Mach 2.

Zyferous
08-23-2012, 03:47 PM
If you want to put it that way...paid rebirths gave a pretty big advantage to paying players too. Getting AP 3x faster? What about when there were no free rebirths?

This is nothing new to nexon, and none of us should be surprised. The balance issue is a joke. People are already paying to win with by selling NX, gachaing, pets, etc. Just a few months ago, people joked that the best class was the ice dragon summoning class. The only difference here is that it's more pronounced, but the outrage will die out after a while. People willing to spend hundreds of dollars on the game will have advantages over you with or without this update.

Now if only they released mysterious reforge kits...

M
08-23-2012, 03:53 PM
When compared to a level 6 element weapon, wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to just aim for a dual level 4, or level 4/3 elements?

Nobelium
08-23-2012, 03:59 PM
When compared to a level 6 element weapon, wouldn't it be cheaper/easier to just aim for a dual level 4, or level 4/3 elements?

Don't think so. If you aim and get one along the way it would be cheaper, but either way you have to spam fine kits till whoknows anyways. getting a double elem on high enough levels is rare enough, so maybe lvl4 is cheaper if you only spam 60$ or so...otherwise you may as well go all the way to r1 and see what you end up with.

starpaw7
08-23-2012, 04:33 PM
For the past 5 minutes I felt bad because I really didn't want these things to come out.

Now I realize that within the next three days I probably won't give a sponge because I never bothered with Enchants/other things to improve damage in the economy, so I am, in the majority, unaffected.

On the "fun" aspect (which, of course, is completely subjective) I probably won't be running with people who spammed this for damage. In fact, I am certain that 99% of the people in my guild will not spam this for over-damaging, and if I joined a random party I wouldn't be bothered by their damage.

Is this completely unbalancing? Might as well wonder if a bear shits in the woods.

I myself do not care for competition nor how much damage others do unless they're in my party, and in that case I would want them to kill faster, so again I wouldn't be bothered by it. If I wanted to have a fun time I would tell them, my friends, to have a fun time instead of speed-running it all, or the person who does on-hit everything knows when to not kill everything in the room for everyone.

Yes, I wish there was more balance now, but that was thrown out of the window. I will enjoy my playing as much as I did before.

Lan
08-23-2012, 04:36 PM
You can apparently sell these so that's one way to make money I guess owo

starpaw7
08-23-2012, 04:40 PM
You can apparently sell these so that's one way to make money I guess owo

You can Trade them once. Again, once, so be careful!

I may consider buying one or two or a few then, if any will be sold :what:

Zid
08-23-2012, 04:43 PM
This will affect the economy in a bad way through.

And the majority of the players have still done fine in the economy of Mabinogi or any other MMORPG (that I've played) that players claimed "became broken" with these kinds of changes.

A player is more flexible than s/he realizes.

You're right. There is something, though, to be said about driving into the wall at 50 mph, as opposed to Mach 2.

The point is, you're still driving into the wall.

At the end of the day, if the economy is the only thing affected in terms of "players affecting other players", I can only see more people selling high-quality crafted equipments at lower, competitive prices (which would be beneficial some players of the lower scale). Or just items in general because of more power allowing easier playthroughs of things.

If the point to be made here is that such changes as these lower the value of whatever it is players value, then that's just the most obvious result of "p2w" options. Which has always existed in a game like this since the beginning, or any other early MMORPGs of the same business model.

Herro
08-23-2012, 04:44 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0aWvv1Bazyo

dream of this....returning!

Kenero
08-23-2012, 04:45 PM
I have a feeling Nexon NA was pressured by DevCat to release the kit in order to draw out more money for DevCat's development. It's just a theory and holds no real proof.

With the development of Mabi II and of course the development of Mabinogi itself, DevCat probably needs more pocket change, and it almost feels no coincidence that we are having the kits right now, since Nexon NA has tried to resist them for so long.

starpaw7
08-23-2012, 04:46 PM

dream is this....returning!

Now for the things that matter: Life Skills a GO!

Oh lord, that knife :blood:

Ketchup
08-23-2012, 04:49 PM

That poor sheep

Mentosftw
08-23-2012, 04:55 PM
._. Dat rape.

TehRenegade
08-23-2012, 04:57 PM
Can someone give me a better explanation on why this is a big deal with actual damage statistics? I just want to know how big (or small I guess) the divide becomes when these reforge kits are implemented.

starpaw7
08-23-2012, 04:58 PM
That poor sheep

Add a Partner and 20% Chance of 2 Items Upgrade. http://i.imgur.com/WH2xp.png

Can someone give me a better explanation on why this is a big deal with like damage statistics? I just want to know how big the divide becomes when these reforge kits are implemented.

Compare this:

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR1tSVhz_fFOC4PXvkGxk8ZvyZO6N0om-JkqG_d4gTw5pahcez9xg&t=1

To this (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/InfinityPlusOneSword):
http://i.imgur.com/XQZwv.jpg

The fomer being the highest upgraded, enchanted, blessed-by-an-angel equipment you could have before NX Reforges.

No, I'm not kidding.

Edit: To be specific: Thousands upon thousands of damage in difference, or rather, obtaining the skills of a high-level player who spent money on Enchants and Upgrades can now simply be outdone by Reforge Kits.

Tropa
08-23-2012, 05:18 PM

I might as well try this.

Kingofrunes
08-23-2012, 05:20 PM
It's nice that these are out. I actually wanted these available for awhile. I personally don't care what people do with them. That's their business and e-peen. Atm though, I'm not really into mabi as I'm completely obsessed with a couple different games atm.

Now...Release those god damn ego transfer pots Nexon! That's the only thing you haven't delivered on at this point. *shakes angry fist*

Chiyuri
08-23-2012, 05:32 PM
I have a feeling Nexon NA was pressured by DevCat to release the kit in order to draw out more money for DevCat's development. It's just a theory and holds no real proof.

With the development of Mabi II and of course the development of Mabinogi itself, DevCat probably needs more pocket change, and it almost feels no coincidence that we are having the kits right now, since Nexon NA has tried to resist them for so long.

Actually, I think nexon wanted to release them right away.
You know how there was a major glitch with advance reforge in the past that caused crazy damage gain?
It's possible nexon waited for a more stable version of mabinogi in which the glitch would be fixed before adding the reforge. It would be less work for them that way.

radionoise
08-23-2012, 06:35 PM
Can someone give me a better explanation on why this is a big deal with actual damage statistics? I just want to know how big (or small I guess) the divide becomes when these reforge kits are implemented.

Say, I have 700 max damage outside of transformation without reforges, add special arrows and my damage is 770.

Enter a triple Lv6 elemental reforge bow, my damage is suddenly 2052. Okay, that's very unrealistic even if possible... so let's limit it to a single Lv 6 elemental, which is fairly possible to obtain with $100~$200 but my damage is still sitting at a ridiculous 1197, up from 770.

It's also fairly possible to obtain a lv 20 magnum reforge with $100~$200, so let's add that... at 1197 max, my magnum would hit as if I had 1676 max damage compared to the normal multiplier without reforge of 575% (r1 + bohemian). With 1676 max damage I am hitting 2.17 times higher with magnum than I would without reforges.... hey that means I can almost hit non-reforge critical damage with a reforge non-critical!

And then let's add on top of that other realistically obtainable reforges such as charge without a shield... now I can do this without being a giant! oh and while I'm at it I can make my crash shot hit 5 more enemies instead of being limited to 7... and it can also have an explosion range as big as fireball!

That's pretty much the gist of it. You go from maybe a decent player who worked in an MMORPG on his skills and gears and probably felt accomplished of being able to do those things... and then the next day, you can just become a god by spending money and it just doesn't feel the same anymore just like how playing in a private server gets really old and really boring fast, except here you don't just ask your GM friends for epic loot or enter a cheat command... you simply turn in your paycheck to Nexon NA HQ to get the same result.

Kaeporo
08-23-2012, 06:42 PM
It seems that 1 rank is unobtainable.

Kyubey
08-23-2012, 06:46 PM
It seems that 1 rank is unobtainable.
eh?
http://puu.sh/Yb9F
thats on kaon bow btw

Tropa
08-23-2012, 06:49 PM
eh?
http://puu.sh/Yb9F
thats on kaon bow btw

Purple? I was expecting Red.

Kaeporo
08-23-2012, 06:50 PM
That's a shame. I should have spammed them on my ego.

~150 kits down.

Noxctis
08-23-2012, 06:52 PM

LOL. Truth!

Science
08-23-2012, 07:05 PM
So I tried out a stack of Fine kits.

They're evil in small quantities :(

radionoise
08-23-2012, 07:11 PM
So I tried out a stack of Fine kits.

They're evil in small quantities :(

They stack to 100, so you probably mean 10?

But yeah I wouldn't even bother unless you had at least 30+ for any given rank.

Science
08-23-2012, 07:14 PM
They stack to 100, so you probably mean 10?

But yeah I wouldn't even bother unless you had at least 30+ for any given rank.

Yeah, used a 10.

I'll have to stock up on NX and use freebirths from now on if I want a decent bow.

Maiqtheliar
08-23-2012, 07:15 PM
Would think that people would buy them instead of dyes, BUT NOOOO. Maiq wants 250k reforge kits....

radionoise
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
Would think that people would buy them instead of dyes, BUT NOOOO. Maiq wants 250k reforge kits....

Yes, players can make much more profit selling these for 180k instead of dyes for 80k ._.

People, y u no common sense.

Estern
08-23-2012, 07:51 PM
At first I was rather outraged about the release of the reforge kits and considered uninstalling.

After reading this whole thread, I realized that I don't give any crapples about this situation. If someone is going to pay $500 in hopes of getting something good, who am I to stop them? I think someday I might try my luck with them, but for now, I'm not going to spend any NX on these.
Back to skill training.

Edit: wording

Noxctis
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
At first I was rather outraged about the release of the reforge kits and considered uninstalling.

After reading this whole thread, I realized that I don't give any crapples about this situation. If someone is going to pay $500 in hopes of getting something good, who am I to stop them? I think someday I might try my luck with them, but for now, I'm not going to spend any NX on these.
Back to skill training.

Edit: wording

Lol. Good. :] I mean come on, paying 200 - 300 dollars.. just to make a weapon stronger or a certain attack.. yah. At least Nexons making moolah. Maybe we'll get better service.

Paradise
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM

cause its a game xD
its supossed to be different than real life, if not, a game would be just a camera behind our heads, telling ourselves what to do, you know, on real life

that's why we play games, cause they are our ideal world that we can experience somehow
where we can kill wihout going to jail, and without actually killing a living being, well, that kind of stuff that help us relax and enjoy

so when someone brings the bad things of real life into the game, it starts to feel like, real life? then why staying there playing the bad real life stuff inside a game making fake money, better to have same bad things but doing real money, or actually spending less money for the same fun on real life.

Maybe we'll get better service.
i love you, you made me lol xD

they aint doing that now, they won't do that in the next 10 years
It is Nexon

Perfectio
08-23-2012, 08:03 PM
If you really wanted to defend this crap, you could point out that you could in theory, get an OP reforge by grinding 20m in gold and buying 100 or so kits (use a few Credines until you get 3 lines, then spam Fine the rest of the way), instead of plunking down 200 dollars to do it without any effort.

Of course, this ignores how this option is only available to 3 skillsets (range/2H melee/fighter)

It just makes me wonder WHY people are so desperate to defend something that is so clearly and obviously broken? I guess it's because Nexon does it all the time? But that doesn't make it any more acceptable.

MrMs
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Do you need to use credne to go from rank 2>1? or can fine increase the rank as well

Tropa
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
Is collection gathering speed for gathering knifes at lv5~10 noticeable?

Kenero
08-23-2012, 08:58 PM
Do you need to use credne to go from rank 2>1? or can fine increase the rank as well

Creidine is the same as fine, except it just adds one extra line of reforge. You can just use fine to go up a rank.

Mentosftw
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
As far as reforging goes, you just use credine till you have 3 lines then spam fines till you win.

radionoise
08-23-2012, 09:14 PM
From testing credne just feels like it can rank up faster, but it would take a very expensive and large scale experiment to prove it and even if it does... it would have to be at least 3~4x more effective at ranking up to be worth using over fine.

Aliyah
08-23-2012, 09:20 PM
Say, I have 700 max damage outside of transformation without reforges, add special arrows and my damage is 770.

Enter a triple Lv6 elemental reforge bow, my damage is suddenly 2052. Okay, that's very unrealistic even if possible... so let's limit it to a single Lv 6 elemental, which is fairly possible to obtain with $100~$200 but my damage is still sitting at a ridiculous 1197, up from 770.

It's also fairly possible to obtain a lv 20 magnum reforge with $100~$200, so let's add that... at 1197 max, my magnum would hit as if I had 1676 max damage compared to the normal multiplier without reforge of 575% (r1 + bohemian). With 1676 max damage I am hitting 2.17 times higher with magnum than I would without reforges.... hey that means I can almost hit non-reforge critical damage with a reforge non-critical!

And then let's add on top of that other realistically obtainable reforges such as charge without a shield... now I can do this without being a giant! oh and while I'm at it I can make my crash shot hit 5 more enemies instead of being limited to 7... and it can also have an explosion range as big as fireball!

That's pretty much the gist of it. You go from maybe a decent player who worked in an MMORPG on his skills and gears and probably felt accomplished of being able to do those things... and then the next day, you can just become a god by spending money and it just doesn't feel the same anymore just like how playing in a private server gets really old and really boring fast, except here you don't just ask your GM friends for epic loot or enter a cheat command... you simply turn in your paycheck to Nexon NA HQ to get the same result.
^Quoted for truth

Konuchi
08-23-2012, 09:36 PM
It's probably already been said 500 times but here are my thoughts about this and what I expect to happen.

These reforges will scare off new players. A lot of people don't like playing games when they realize the only way to catch up to older/paying players is to pay a few hundred dollars.

Imagine being new and needing help with a mainstream quest. A lot of people in the future might refuse to help you if you're not using these reforges because your damage will be too low and will slow them down. Or you could just be told to buy reforges when you ask for help.

Then there are the rude people who will say things like "Your smash only does 1k to a bear? You're such a noob."
You can ignore them or blacklist them but they will still make the community look even worse than it does now and scare off more potential players.

If what I have read is true, enemy hp and G17 content will be balanced for these reforges so if you play for free, you will have a very hard time doing anything. There was already a pretty big gap between free and paying players because of weekly paid rebirths but a free player could eventually catch up to paying players and be just as good as them. With these reforges Nexon has built a wall dividing free and paying players that is almost as bad as when there were no free rebirths.

But they are tradable! You can buy them from other players and still be just as good as them while playing for free!
They will be in high demand, they will cost a lot. Good luck making enough money to buy them when the game gets rebalanced. You might not be able to do any shadow missions, dungeons, theater missions, or commerce because your damage won't be high enough to kill anything in a reasonable amount of time.

Aidil
08-23-2012, 09:59 PM
Sigh I just came back awhile ago and this is not what I needed. But I tossed a bit of money in...got a bad reforge result. I got this one earlier though

http://i.imgur.com/hPwLb.jpg

So I tested the max range

http://i.imgur.com/1ipkd.jpg

Fun while it lasted >_< Much farther than ego bow

radionoise
08-23-2012, 10:03 PM
Should've probably stayed at that one lol. +22% damage and +630 range.

Brynn
08-23-2012, 10:06 PM
Can I get new reforge results if I buy a Credne?

Because my Glorious Sniping HLB's normal reforge are pretty shit.

Tropa
08-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Should've probably stayed at that one lol. +22% damage and +630 range.

Yeah, I don't think rank1 is worth the money...

I'm willing to try for rank2 though.

keimin
08-23-2012, 10:33 PM
the tool kits can be traded?

Tropa
08-23-2012, 10:36 PM
the tool kits can be traded?

Yes, and sold.

keimin
08-23-2012, 11:02 PM
Yes, and sold.

Oh thanks!
I didn't see anyone selling so thought it couldn't and wasted my own NX :/

Brynn
08-23-2012, 11:19 PM
Can I get new reforge results if I buy a Credne?

Because my Glorious Sniping HLB's normal reforge are pretty shit.

quoted because I was ignored fuck you all ok

M
08-23-2012, 11:20 PM
quoted because I was ignored fuck you all ok

lol Yes, you will get totally new stats and rolls when u use one

Mentosftw
08-23-2012, 11:21 PM
^Yes. And possibly add more lines if you don't already have 3.

Brynn
08-23-2012, 11:27 PM
rep for both you beautiful people.

shame on all who watched without helping.

As for Fine, it just upgrades right? and Crednes can't DECREASE number of lines right?

Kaeporo
08-23-2012, 11:33 PM

As for Fine, it just upgrades right? and Crednes can't DECREASE number of lines right?

Fine upgrades and rerolls the effects. Credhne kits can't decrease the number of lines, though they're effectively useless compared to fine kits once you have three effects.

M
08-23-2012, 11:34 PM

They don't decrease them no, not as far as I know. Fine and Credne are essentially the same besides the line thing, so yes, fine also upgrades and is cheaper to do so

Tropa
08-23-2012, 11:38 PM
Fine upgrades and rerolls the effects. Credhne kits can't decrease the number of lines, though they're effectively useless compared to fine kits once you have three effects.

Thats good to hear.

Kaeporo
08-23-2012, 11:47 PM
These kits really aren't that game changing in the grand scheme of things. The elemental reforges are the only effects that are significantly broken and the average joe isn't going to spam these on anything other than their primary weapon (which will likely be their ego).

People have been talking about how much these kits outclass everything else. They really just augment your current character. If you suck and you drop a bunch of money on reforge kits, you'll be pretty decent but you will in no way be able to compete with someone with a well-developed character and those same reforges. Elemental reforges will likely double the damage output for the players that seek them, which makes added dexterity and damage from enchants even more valuable.

This is just how I see it. These kits are obviously a huge pay2win feature but they do ultimately improve your flexibility.

It would probably cost someone over a year and thousands of dollars to charge enough NX using a credit or debit card to pick up 1 rank effects on all of their items. That shouldn't be a concern. It's mostly the weapons that will be noticeable in the community.

If you still aren't conviced, there's nothing that any of us can do about them. Might as well either accept it or quit right now.

M
08-23-2012, 11:55 PM
Not to mention, %'s are only as good as the base numbers.

Perfectio
08-24-2012, 12:07 AM
So if I'm a mage and I get shit reforges outside IS explosions that cover an entire room (not needed in most cases), I should just grind out 20m and roll an elf right? Might as well especially when the mob rebalance hits which will be based on OP reforges.

Brynn
08-24-2012, 12:09 AM
Can I reforge an ego?

Reps to all that have been beautiful+helpful

Juno
08-24-2012, 12:16 AM
I really have a hard time not quitting sometimes ~_~

M
08-24-2012, 12:18 AM
Can I reforge an ego?

Reps to all that have been beautiful+helpful

yeah you can reforge anything but robes

Herro
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
i feel like we had this discussion somewhere...

Brynn
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
i feel like we had this discussion somewhere...

sorry i wasnt part of it Poopney, like ugh sorry im not YOU

M
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
This guide has a fair bit of info on it too (http://mabination.com/threads/49976-Reference-A-note-on-reforge-upgrades-%28Warning-Large-Image%29)

Herro
08-24-2012, 12:25 AM
sorry i wasnt part of it Herro, like ugh sorry im not YOU

Don't use my real name, and you WERE part of it. =_=;

Brynn
08-24-2012, 12:26 AM
Don't use my real name, and you WERE part of it. =_=;

why did you edit that post with your real name on it then? you big dondo.

and i dont recall therefor it never happened

Kaeporo
08-24-2012, 12:29 AM
This guide has a fair bit of info on it too (http://mabination.com/threads/49976-Reference-A-note-on-reforge-upgrades-%28Warning-Large-Image%29)

You should primarily reference this (http://www.yydzh.com/read.php?tid=1193446&fpage=2) website.

Mabinogi JP Wiki is also pretty good.

Maiqtheliar
08-24-2012, 12:30 AM
yeah you can reforge anything but robes

Also cannot reforge failias treasures, some event items, and POTION MAKING KITS.

M
08-24-2012, 12:34 AM
You should primarily reference this (http://www.yydzh.com/read.php?tid=1193446&fpage=2) website.

Mabinogi JP Wiki is also pretty good.

some folks like engrish Dx

radionoise
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
So if I'm a mage and I get shit reforges outside IS explosions that cover an entire room (not needed in most cases), I should just grind out 20m and roll an elf right? Might as well especially when the mob rebalance hits which will be based on OP reforges.

SM Mob rebalance is based on Talent system, not reforges... dynamic combat system (originally, not the super ezmode version we have now) was the failed and withdrawn answer to reforges.

The only one that really falls behind on that specific rebalance is Alchemy because they're not reliant on stats and gain a minimal boost, while everyone else is getting 300+ of each stat.

Also, the way I see it is that the reason these reforges are bad are for their effect on game and racial balance, challenge, diminishing value of effort, indirect effects on economy, etc... Those who oppose the reforges simply on the worry that others will do more damage than them should just quit and not look back, because there are things you should be working out away from mabi if you think that something earned with only money is worth envying or has any merit on an MMO... on that aspect, it'd be like feeling haunted by the thought of being inferior to DK stacking elves/giants.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 12:40 AM
some folks like engrish Dx

This.

Google translate is another language of it's own.

Perfectio
08-24-2012, 12:54 AM
Certainly, if reforges made all classes OP I'd hate it less. But only less. Lets say that after spamming reforge I now have instacast FB that does 20k noncrit that uses like 5 mp a charge. Yeah, i.m not getting shafted but all of a sudden, the game more or less becomes pointless. Why party? Why rank other stuff? It's as you said, its playing a really shitty private server while plopping down a few hundred for thr privilege.

Herro
08-24-2012, 12:56 AM
why did you edit that post with your real name on it then? you big dondo.

and i dont recall therefor it never happened

doing things like that will get you fucked later. keep that in mind...

Hazeri
08-24-2012, 01:01 AM
I only log to do events and look pretty, rarely do missions/kill stuff these days.
If a rebalance comes where you can't do squat to mobs without a reforge, I'll just drop my sword and spend some time chatting with friends when I'm bored. Mabi died last year to me anyways.

People buying these things en masse aren't helping though, I'm not surprised at the regular efficientnogers doing it, but the average joe? Oh well, their money, their business.

Vasnia
08-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Does anyone know if using a fine/credne on an ego with a broken reforge will fix it?

Brynn
08-24-2012, 01:05 AM
Does anyone know if using a fine/credne on an ego with a broken reforge will fix it?

From what I gather, yes.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 01:08 AM
From what I gather, yes.

No, it won't do anything on broken ego with the blank rank 3 box.

You have to use a reforge restore kit, transfer to another ego or submit a ticket like so:

For those with a spirit weapon that has a blank reforge, please submit a ticket using the following categories:
Category: Game Related
Sub-Category: Skills and Crafting Issues
Skill(s) Affected: Reforging Spirit Weapon

Please list each affected character in the "Character" field.

M
08-24-2012, 01:12 AM
even credne doesnt add lines?

Brynn
08-24-2012, 01:18 AM

You have to use a reforge restore kit, transfer to another ego or submit a ticket like so:

Didn't know her ego was brokeded like that. My b.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 01:24 AM
even credne doesnt add lines?

Been told by multiple people neither works.

I think I heard Jovo tried and couldn't so he just transfered ego because of blank reforge (lost no max) and then went on to get a lv4 + lv3 elem or something like that.

M
08-24-2012, 01:26 AM
Been told by multiple people neither works.

I think I heard Jovo tried and couldn't so he just transfered ego because of blank reforge (lost no max) and then went on to get a lv4 + lv3 elem or something like that.

i didnt even know he still logged on, having said he was quitting and selling his crap xD

Vasnia
08-24-2012, 01:34 AM
Thank you for answering! I'll just send a ticket and wait it out since I don't want to transfer again. :P

Brynn
08-24-2012, 01:40 AM
Thank you for answering! I'll just send a ticket and wait it out since I don't want to transfer again. :P

good luck, hope nexon gets to you quickly. (by the way, check your profile)

All I want... is at least a level 10 Magnum Shot gloves. Will go super nicely with my whatever set gives mag+ gloves

M
08-24-2012, 01:44 AM
good luck, hope nexon gets to you quickly. (by the way, check your profile)

All I want... is at least a level 10 Magnum Shot gloves. Will go super nicely with my whatever set gives mag+ gloves

well a level 10 (rank 2) magnum shot reforge (or smash) is +100% onto magnum shot. 500+100=600%. Essencially a 20% dmg gain. If you haven't already done your primary weapon, you might as well reforge that and go for a level 4 element (rank 2). It will be Cheaper, Easier and give you a 33% boost which is 13% higher and will apply to ALL your ranged attacks. Why is it easier? Because you will see level 3 and 4 elements popping up fairly often at rank 2, they're not entirely uncommon at rank 2. Plus there's 3 of them that may pop up... there's only 1 magnum shot bonus therefore simple math states getting an element max level is 3x easier lol

teddyenvy
08-24-2012, 01:58 AM

Actually for me my reforge for my ego was broken but i tried to use a credne and it worked and gave me 3 lines

M
08-24-2012, 01:59 AM
Actually for me my reforge for my ego was broken but i tried to use a credne and it worked and gave me 3 lines

I wouldn't see why a credne wouldn't work. Dunno, would be cool if someone recorded this as simple proof Dx Anyway doesn't effect me I guess lol

radionoise
08-24-2012, 02:03 AM

Well, I was told by several people that they got an error message when trying but I guess either they only tried fine and assumed credne would be the same, or your ego has a special case somehow. Either way, should be possible for someone to test either way considering how many have broken reforges.

well a level 10 (rank 2) magnum shot reforge (or smash) is +100% onto magnum shot. 500+100=600%. Essencially a 20% dmg gain. If you haven't already done your primary weapon, you might as well reforge that and go for a level 4 element (rank 2). It will be Cheaper, Easier and give you a 33% boost which is 13% higher and will apply to ALL your ranged attacks. Why is it easier? Because you will see level 3 and 4 elements popping up fairly often at rank 2, they're not entirely uncommon at rank 2. Plus there's 3 of them that may pop up... there's only 1 magnum shot bonus therefore simple math states getting an element max level is 3x easier lol

Not only that, gloves are meaniefaces and never rank up.

Deitylight
08-24-2012, 02:14 AM
How unfortunate, oh well everyone will carry on even with these advance reforges.

Have a nice day.

Maenad
08-24-2012, 02:16 AM
How unfortunate, oh well everyone will carry on even with these advance reforges.

Have a nice day.

That's what you think.

Deitylight
08-24-2012, 02:43 AM
That's what you think.
I'm mostly poking fun at things, I know mabinogi has become even MORE p2w.

Hazeri
08-24-2012, 02:43 AM
That's what you think.

Not really, I agree.
Until the game becomes unplayable because of the updates are geared towards reforged players, everything will be the same. Just blacklist and avoid partying with people that use reforges if it bothers you that much

Irazn
08-24-2012, 03:50 AM
That's what you think.

the players in Mabi KR carried on, so should we. Should've expected them Reforges to come, even though they didn't came when the normal reforges came out.

Invisible
08-24-2012, 03:59 AM
I don't get what the big deal is. The people actually willing to dump all that NX into getting top tier reforges is a minority, just like the people willing to pay for rebirths every week. Reforges are going to become an integral part of Mabi, just like rebirths. And just like rebirths, reforges are going to become more accessible to free/low budget players: in the form of Mysterious Reforge kits.

starpaw7
08-24-2012, 04:36 AM
I don't get what the big deal is. The people actually willing to dump all that NX into getting top tier reforges is a minority, just like the people willing to pay for rebirths every week. Reforges are going to become an integral part of Mabi, just like rebirths. And just like rebirths, reforges are going to become more accessible to free/low budget players: in the form of Mysterious Reforge kits.

Exactly.

If there truly is nothing I can do about it, is there a reason for me to worry? We'll see the actual effects soon enough, and I doubt that everyone and their mother will be dumping so much money into this, contrary to the pessimistic prediction of the economy going to trash. IT's not as if Enchants and the like become useless.

Now I'll ask here: Has anyone done any testing to see how often the Sheildless-Assault appears whether on a Hat or Accessory :what:

More specifically, a Hat.

Vasnia
08-24-2012, 07:22 AM
Well, I was told by several people that they got an error message when trying but I guess either they only tried fine and assumed credne would be the same, or your ego has a special case somehow. Either way, should be possible for someone to test either way considering how many have broken reforges.

I tested a credne on my broken ego and have 3 reforge lines now. I would screenshot to show everyone but for some reason it's not letting me take any.
Actually got Fire level 2 (rank 3) on it so I'm happy :D

Estern
08-24-2012, 08:25 AM

not to mention events!

Maenad
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM

Nexon hasn't released those.

Adrianblade
08-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Exactly.

If there truly is nothing I can do about it, is there a reason for me to worry? We'll see the actual effects soon enough, and I doubt that everyone and their mother will be dumping so much money into this, contrary to the pessimistic prediction of the economy going to trash. IT's not as if Enchants and the like become useless.

Now I'll ask here: Has anyone done any testing to see how often the Sheildless-Assault appears whether on a Hat or Accessory :what:

More specifically, a Hat.

I believe that particular reforge is only a rank 1 so its going to be quite hard to get. Prob have ta drop $200~$300 like everyone else is saying just to get it lol.

Konuchi
08-24-2012, 08:57 AM
Nexon hasn't released those.

They probably won't.

Perfectio
08-24-2012, 09:14 AM

You do not need top-tier reforges (level 6 elemental, level 20 mag/crash etc, high reforges on the rest of the gear) to be broken, at least in comparison to your level and ranks.

Take a player with 350 range damage shown in window. Add a Fire 4 reforge. Add Crash Frag Damage level 10.

350 x 2.85x Fragment damage = 997.5 non-crit frag damage (not taking into account upgrades and the like). Now add the 44% from Fire 4, which isn't *that* hard to get anymore seeing it will show up fairly often once you rank up your bow. Now you're dropping 1.4k on non-crit Crash Shots and 5k on crit Crash Shots.

Compare to something like Fireball: 11.5 second load time, 6 second execution time, the crash shot user only needs 2-3 seconds to execute his CS when you take aiming into account.

Assuming R1 Mastery and title and about 30 magic damage, you're still doing non-crit for 4k and critting for 10k sure (both before special upgrade), and you still have some room to grow, but here's the difference: You're about 80% of the way to YOUR damage cap, while the mid-rank archer with mid-tier reforges is about 30-40% of the way to HIS damage cap.

Pretty much 3 things need to happen for reforges to be acceptable for me:

Magic reforges need to actually not suck (FB reforge should give 30 damage per level and Fire Mastery should give 1% per level, not 0.5%, Thunder should give 10 damage per rank, not 5, IS reforges are actually pretty "balanced" as far as reforges go, and Mana Shield reforge should give 0.1 per rank at MOST)
Elemental reforges need to be cut in half or more powerwise (level 6 giving about 30% is acceptable, so each level giving 5% is fine)
Stuff like Mag and Smash reforges need to be cut in half or more powerwise (Level 20 giving 100% more is acceptable)
Mysterious reforges need to be released so it's not entirely p2w (granted, it's not entirely p2w now, I admit, since you can buy the reforges with ingame gold)

This, btw is just the baseline for a passing grade, not for me to celebrate them or anything.

I'm leaving aside Alchemy because the combat aspect of that class just needs to be scrapped and redone. We can't even talk about their shitty reforges until the class itself is fixed. Alchemy is a skillset that would be slightly OP in G3's meta (well, not golems, which are actually still decent compared to the rest of their skillset)

EndlessDreams
08-24-2012, 11:43 AM
The reforges are only worth it if you are an archer because of how good crash shot/magnum reforges are, and they aren't on the weapon. Not to mention bows can get up to level 6 elementals and egoable.

It takes quite a bit of money to get to rank 1. Let alone the reforges you want after rank 1.

Reforges aren't really a big deal like some people make it out to be. It isn't like it is free. Most reforges doesn't do very much for their cost.

Perfectio
08-24-2012, 12:23 PM
The reforges are only worth it if you are an archer

That's part of the problem. Pretty much only rangers get to reap the full benefits, just like only rangers only get to reap the benefits of a great deal of this game's content.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 12:27 PM
That's part of the problem. Pretty much only rangers get to reap the full benefits, just like only rangers only get to reap the benefits of a great deal of this game's content.

Fighter also gets the same damage benefits as range (having the skill reforges outside of weapon slot). The only difference between the two is their inherent mechanical properties and that range gets three extra reforges that give a large improvement to the skill mechanics (effective range, crash shot fragment range, crash shot # of fragments).

M
08-24-2012, 12:36 PM
Fighter is also broken down into 6 skills that have to be cycled to be efficient, thus 6 reforges, whereas range is really only two.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Fighter is also broken down into 6 skills that have to be cycled to be efficient, thus 6 reforges, whereas range is really only two.

There is a chain mastery reforge on hands. Lv 20 on that is already 20% on ALL fighter skills.

You can half-ass the rest of the specific skill reforges and make out just as well as range in damage, ultimately nothing changes... with or without reforge things stay the same, both skillsets have the best 1vs1 and range only happens to actually have AoE.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 12:57 PM
There is a chain mastery reforge on hands. Lv 20 on that is already 20% on ALL fighter skills.

You can half-ass the rest of the specific skill reforges and make out just as well as range in damage, ultimately nothing changes... with or without reforge things stay the same, both skillsets have the best 1vs1 and range only happens to actually have AoE.

My dropkick critical took out half a Hardmode room one(Mostly shamans and ghosts though)

though drop's splash damage is very weird, hard to figure if its 40~80% of the main target's damage.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 01:00 PM
My dropkick critical took out half a Hardmode room one(Mostly shamans and ghosts though)

though drop's splash damage is very weird, hard to figure if its 40~80% of the main target's damage.

That's lolsorandumxD splash you can get every 30 seconds, not AoE.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 01:10 PM
That's lolsorandumxD splash you can get every 30 seconds, not AoE.

Isn't AoE when a skill hits every single monster around/in front of you? and Crash shot has a limited target number.

>likewhogivesahellanyways

starpaw7
08-24-2012, 01:12 PM
I believe that particular reforge is only a rank 1 so its going to be quite hard to get. Prob have ta drop $200~$300 like everyone else is saying just to get it lol.

Is anyone certain that this is Rank 1? The Reforge guide on Nation is incomplete in some areas, with that specific Reforge having "N/A" on Maximum Level, so I assume that only one level is ever needed, and if that, Rank 1 does sound plausible.

Still, I would like a confirm somewhere. If digging with Google Translate around the internet for it turns up nothing, all I can do is speculate unless someone on NA got it on a Hat.

If it is Rank 1, then I can fudge that @_@

Although, $200~$300~$400, how many Reforges would that be, seeing how with a package of 35, 8 of them would be $320 and 280 Reforges while simply buying the set of 1 would be ~222 Reforges with ~$300.

I would like to know an approximate of the number of Reforges rather than money spent, or what Package it's based off of.

90% of the time my Drop Kick hits zero to one other enemy(ies) because it's all so Linear :stress:

That cannot be compared much to the AoE of skills such as Crash Shot, Windmill, and the like.

Isn't AoE when a skill hits every single monster around/in front of you? and Crash shot has a limited target number.

>likewhogivesahellanyways

6 Enemies (12[?] with Reforge) is probably going to be the most amount of enemies you will have directly in front of you 99% of the time to do AoE on.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 01:15 PM
^ Even in Sulfur spiders in the shadow realm?

starpaw7
08-24-2012, 01:20 PM

6 Enemies (12[?] with Reforge) is probably going to be the most amount of enemies you will have directly in front of you 99% of the time to do AoE on.

Read again.

Hatsunechan
08-24-2012, 01:30 PM
Regarding ego reforge and credene:

Before:
http://puu.sh/Yp73

After(yay for crappy reforge):
http://puu.sh/Yp7C

radionoise
08-24-2012, 01:38 PM

Yes, even in sulfur spiders in the shadow realm you can hit pretty much everything with lv 5 Crash Shot # of fragments and Lv 20 Crash Shot fragment range (1000 range AoE, same as FIREBALL). The # of enemies hit have never been an issue with Crash Shot even before adv reforges, the large range pretty much guarantees that you will always hit more enemies in real game situations than even Windmill, which is a skill that can potentially hit an infinite amount of enemies. You can't compare true AoE skills like them or flameburst, magic, etc. with an extremely limited splash every 30 seconds.

csraln
08-24-2012, 03:56 PM

not all archers ,only people who like to waste money

goldencoolsam
08-24-2012, 04:14 PM
This is going to be a FREAKING joke. DO NOT get over lvl 1 on 1h weapon if you plan on getting elemental on it. out of my first 20, I got 3 elem 2. Then, it ranked to lvl 2, and in the 105 next kit, I didn,t get a SINGLE. Oh, and it ranked like 15 time to lvl 1. It was on my ego. I don't get what the HELL is that crap.

By the way, everything seem capped to lvl 10 for now.

starpaw7
08-24-2012, 04:25 PM
This is going to be a FREAKING joke. DO NOT get over lvl 1 on 1h weapon if you plan on getting elemental on it. out of my first 20, I got 3 elem 2. Then, it ranked to lvl 2, and in the 105 next kit, I didn,t get a SINGLE. Oh, and it ranked like 15 time to lvl 1. It was on my ego. I don't get what the HELL is that crap.

One-handed swords are nigh on impossible to get an Elemental Reforge on on regular Kits, so I would assume that getting it with the Paid ones would be frustrating as so.

They also are capped to Level 3, while Bows/Two-handed Weapons are capped to Level 6, as seen here. (http://puu.sh/iKEQ)

Tropa
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM

Shouldn't a Fighter with all crazy reforges and a full fighter premium combo card be the most powerful thing?

in terms of damage though.

goldencoolsam
08-24-2012, 04:30 PM
One-handed swords are nigh on impossible to get an Elemental Reforge on on regular Kits, so I would assume that getting it with the Paid ones would be frustrating as so.

They also are capped to Level 3, while Bows/Two-handed Weapons are capped to Level 6, as seen here. (http://puu.sh/iKEQ)
I know that, but it was on my ego machete.

One possibility is that they didn't translate it over lvl 2.

starpaw7
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
I know that, but it was on my ego machete.

One possibility is that they didn't translate it over lvl 2.

I would *think* that the Maximum still applies but the Elemental Reforge appears more often on the One-handed Sword, but I am not sure there.

So when you're getting Elementals often enough, the most you'll get is a 2 or a 3 if you keep trying, I think :what:

goldencoolsam
08-24-2012, 04:47 PM
I would *think* that the Maximum still applies but the Elemental Reforge appears more often on the One-handed Sword, but I am not sure there.

So when you're getting Elementals often enough, the most you'll get is a 2 or a 3 if you keep trying, I think :what:
This is also what I thought. However. As I said, out of my first, I got 3 elemental 2. I also got one elelental 1. However, over the... 155 others (I used 175 of them in total), I didn't get a SINGLE elemental 2, and I got ONE elemental 1.

Something seem weird.

To make it short : 200$, 0 elem 3. Don't even attempt this thing nor buy those reforge kit, it isn't worth it at all... This is probably the worst buy I ever made.

Ceui
08-24-2012, 05:05 PM
As long as you get elemental reforge with more than 2 levels, you've won. You need at least 2 levels in order to gain the extra damage effect on neutral element target.

Maenad
08-24-2012, 05:08 PM
This is also what I thought. However. As I said, out of my first, I got 3 elemental 2. I also got one elelental 1. However, over the... 155 others (I used 175 of them in total), I didn't get a SINGLE elemental 2, and I got ONE elemental 1.

Something seem weird.

To make it short : 200$, 0 elem 3. Don't even attempt this thing nor buy those reforge kit, it isn't worth it at all... This is probably the worst buy I ever made.

There's your problem: You're trying for a highly specific thing.

Perfectio
08-24-2012, 05:23 PM

even mid-range players have spent at least 200-300 on this game. I know I've spent around 500.

You can easily forego weekly rebirth for a month or two, or buying a few pets/spamming a few gacha for OP reforge if you're even a casual buyer. Or you can gacha for stuff you can sell for gold and buy the reforges that way. I know plenty of people who spend occasionally, maybe 10 or 20 dollars a month at most, and use it on gacha or dyes. If they're range or fighter or to a lesser extent warrior, they can sink that into reforges instead, especially if they've capped their main skillsets.

People are acting like you have to drop an entire paycheck on this when you don't.

radionoise
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM

At rank 1 your chance for elemental becomes way lower than at rank 2. Also, 1h swords can only get to Lv 3 elemental or Lv 10 of everything else so... even a Lv 2 elemental is GOOD ENOUGH. Part of why lances/2h/knuckles/bow are the ideal weapons to spam reforges on, since dual wield and adv kits are not BFFs.

Shouldn't a Fighter with all crazy reforges and a full fighter premium combo card be the most powerful thing?

in terms of damage though.

In terms of damage, Magnum and Lance Charge are now the strongest hitting skills. Dropkick is in a similar tier, but it has several restrictions and a lengthy cooldown... as opposed to 0.5 second (Magnum) 10 second (Lance Charge, and I think reforges make it even shorter) that can be used any time. Crash Shot initial target is probably stronger still, but there aren't many places that have enough enemies for it to do those crazy damages.

goldencoolsam
08-24-2012, 05:44 PM
There's your problem: You're trying for a highly specific thing.

My goal was actually: getting a r1 reforge with elemental over lvl 2. I didn't get it out of 200$.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 05:48 PM
I wonder how many situations you actually need to have this much damage for anyways...

Are they making something hard in the future? I hope they do.(I'm looking at you Tory Ravine)

radionoise
08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
My goal was actually: getting a r1 reforge with elemental over lvl 2. I didn't get it out of 200$.

That's the problem, basically. On 1h weapons it only goes to Lv 3, so that's like specifically attempting to get Lv 20 of a specific thing.

You would've gotten Lv4~5 and maybe even Lv6 with that much NX on a 2h weapon/lance/knuckle.

Azareel
08-24-2012, 08:51 PM
Mabi already sucks far more money than the vast majority of other games out there, and it just got so terribly much worse. Being a student that pays for my own education, I really can't gamble with my money that way. Sadly, if I opt out of catering to Nexon by buying these, it would almost entirely ruin my playing experience. The reason being, I prefer group efforts. Soloing is horribly boring to me. If I wanted to solo, I'd go play a one-player game.

Assuming NA gets as bad as KR,
1. Party missions would become even more uncommon than they are now.
2. When choosing people to help with the occasional party mission, I'd likely be looked over in favor of someone else, because I don't have "at least decent" reforges.
3. In the off chance I'm actually invited to said mission, I'll be mostly dead weight, which is absolutely not enjoyable for me.

So, unless Nexon suddenly decides it was a bad move, or NA doesn't take the spam to the KR extremes, I'll be quitting.
This is sad/frustrating for me, since Mabi is literally the only MMO I've found to suit my tastes even remotely (not to mention the fact that I'd be leaving a good bit of my friends). For anyone who says "you just haven't tried enough MMOs", you'd be wrong. I've played almost every MMO I've laid eyes on (far too many to count), unless it was obviously crap from looking in on the outside. I'm looking forward to ArcheAge with hope in my eyes, but as with anything still in development, it could easily be botched.

So, yeah. RIP Azareel ? - 2012

Infighter
08-24-2012, 08:56 PM
There should be a limit on how many of those reforges you can buy monthly.

Kaeporo
08-24-2012, 09:04 PM
There should be a limit on how many of those reforges you can buy monthly.

Credit/Debit card purchases are effectively limited by the Nexon purchase limit.

It costs around 200 to 300 dollars to obtain a 1 rank item. Very few people are taking advantage of these kits relative to the entire community.

Insomnia
08-24-2012, 09:09 PM
Credit/Debit card purchases are effectively limited by the Nexon purchase limit.

It costs around 200 to 300 dollars to obtain a 1 rank item. Very few people are taking advantage of these kits relative to the entire community.

$80 on gloves. o3o Though the reforge is bad... >.>

keimin
08-24-2012, 09:12 PM
Credhne kits can't decrease the number of lines, though they're effectively useless compared to fine kits once you have three effects.

What, Credhne can't decrease the number of lines?
I used 6 Credhnes on my ego bow, and it went from 1 line to 2 and back to 1 throughout the tries...
Or maybe it has something to do with my ego being previously reforged when it was still broken? :/
(sorry i didn't read through the whole thread if this has been answered)

Health
08-24-2012, 09:17 PM
Mabi already sucks far more money than the vast majority of other games out there, and it just got so terribly much worse. Being a student that pays for my own education, I really can't gamble with my money that way. Sadly, if I opt out of catering to Nexon by buying these, it would almost entirely ruin my playing experience. The reason being, I prefer group efforts. Soloing is horribly boring to me. If I wanted to solo, I'd go play a one-player game.

Assuming NA gets as bad as KR,
1. Party missions would become even more uncommon than they are now.
2. When choosing people to help with the occasional party mission, I'd likely be looked over in favor of someone else, because I don't have "at least decent" reforges.
3. In the off chance I'm actually invited to said mission, I'll be mostly dead weight, which is absolutely not enjoyable for me.

So, unless Nexon suddenly decides it was a bad move, or NA doesn't take the spam to the KR extremes, I'll be quitting.
This is sad/frustrating for me, since Mabi is literally the only MMO I've found to suit my tastes even remotely (not to mention the fact that I'd be leaving a good bit of my friends). For anyone who says "you just haven't tried enough MMOs", you'd be wrong. I've played almost every MMO I've laid eyes on (far too many to count), unless it was obviously crap from looking in on the outside. I'm looking forward to ArcheAge with hope in my eyes, but as with anything still in development, it could easily be botched.

So, yeah. RIP Azareel ? - 2012

What kind of assholes do you party with...?

Reforges can help but, honestly the elemental thing is just broken.
Other than that, I don't think reforges matter that much.
Doesn't stop the game from being enjoyable.

Anyway. So far I've been lucky. I got a rank 2 reforge on a lute, using the basic NPC one. Bought 1 fine reforge, and got +4 music buff and something useless.

Azareel
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
What kind of assholes do you party with...?

I play(ed) in Alexina.
There's plenty of people who would still invite me, yes, but as I mentioned, I'd end up being mostly dead weight.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 09:38 PM
I play(ed) in Alexina.
There's plenty of people who would still invite me, yes, but as I mentioned, I'd end up being mostly dead weight.

Coming from the one who crits 15k with Fireball

radionoise
08-24-2012, 09:41 PM
I play(ed) in Alexina.

I don't think anyone sensible would consider you dead weight, damage outside of reforge kits are acceptable for any current mission.

I remember when golem was 2x stronger than everyone and wm range was 3x larger than anyone's... people still would rather party up with their friends regardless of what they were and join up with other people without saying "hey you a golemer? you can't go if you're not one". The worst it ever got was like "umm might wanna bring a golemer to make this a cakewalk, but otherwise we're fine as we are".

Cide
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
I play(ed) in Alexina.

get a better guild that actually wants to run shit.

Murasaki
08-24-2012, 10:08 PM
I do less damage than a lot of people I run with. Doesn't stop it from being fun. It's about being able to do things with friends, and occasionally fail so hard as a collective group that we have a Sulfur Spider dance party.

Tropa
08-24-2012, 10:08 PM

For your information, I'd invite Aza for any Mission/Dungeon run, hes veryvery useful.

To be honest, he's the best support oriented player I've ever ran with.

Azareel
08-24-2012, 10:31 PM
I don't think anyone sensible would consider you dead weight, damage outside of reforge kits are acceptable for any current mission.

Talking about in the future. Not intent on sticking around when it's clear that it will only get worse with time.

My guild is practically the only group of people that I regularly get worthwhile runs from.

I do less damage than a lot of people I run with. Doesn't stop it from being fun. It's about being able to do things with friends, and occasionally fail so hard as a collective group that we have a Sulfur Spider dance party.

I wouldn't have a problem if I just did less damage. It's once the threshold is hit where I become more or less dead weight that it's no longer fun for me.
It's just how I am. To me, being inconvenienced by others is inevitable and expected, but inconveniencing others is essentially not an option.

Also, as I mentioned, I'm just backing off Mabi for now. That way, if my suspicions are right and it gets worse, I won't feel stupid for having invested even more time/money in it.

Hazeri
08-24-2012, 11:14 PM
Reforges are the new gearscore, also, Mabi meta, I've read everything lol.

You people are making this more complicated than it should be, it's as simple as putting up a party sign and add a "No reforges" rule, ask them to turn on equipment view and do a Gear check on them, lol. This way people who want nothing to do with reforgers, party with non-reforgers and efficientnogers party up with other efficientnogers.

Aliyah
08-24-2012, 11:30 PM

You people are making this more complicated than it should be, it's as simple as putting up a party sign and add a "No reforges" rule, ask them to turn on equipment view and do a Gear check on them, lol. This way people who want nothing to do with reforgers, party with non-reforgers and efficientnogers party up with other efficientnogers.
That only helps with parties. It doesn't address the fact that the focus on reforges hurts the economy for free players (especially those who have just started/will start in the future, or have not stockpiled large amounts of gold already).

Hazeri
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
That only helps with parties. It doesn't address the fact that the focus on reforges hurts the economy for free players (especially those who have just started/will start in the future, or have not stockpiled large amounts of gold already).

The simplest and most profitable way to make money requires ZERO reforges, S>HW 50Kea

Aliyah
08-25-2012, 02:04 AM
The simplest and most profitable way to make money requires ZERO reforges, S>HW 50KeaAnd when the market for HW dies because reforges make dying highly uncommon and enchanted gear secondary? People buy Hw, because they have a need for hw. Also, as other free ways of making money are destroyed (farming for enchants/gear etc) more and more people will flock to selling it. This leads to oversaturation and the decline in the value of hw. So gl selling to 50k a stack when everyone wants to sell and no one wants to buy

Minatou
08-25-2012, 02:06 AM
And when the market for HW dies because reforges make dying highly uncommon and enchanted gear secondary? People buy Hw, because they have a need for hw. Also, as other free ways of making money are destroyed (farming for enchants/gear etc) more and more people will flock to selling hw. This leads to oversaturation and the decline in the value of hw. So gl selling to 50k a stack when everyone wants to sell and no one wants to buy
It's like 20k on Alexina...lmao.
Why buy when you can get it yourself .
/cheap

radionoise
08-25-2012, 02:46 AM
It's like 20k on Alexina...lmao.
Why buy when you can get it yourself .
/cheap

Yeah, HW is only 15~20k... it's hardly a good way to make money.

Like Aliyah said, however, there are plenty of game content and revenue methods that are destroyed by reforge. Why would anyone pay 3m for that Oblivion ES you camped all week for profit, when they could just spend the same amount on reforge kits and achieve greater efficiency.

Even high level players are affected... work hard to get your smith and tailor huh? well, a handful of people just spent $60 and got a experience reforge that allows you to circumvent 90% of the difficulty those skills involved. Think that after a few weeks you can still sell your bracers and avons at the same price you've been selling them, or anywhere near that?

Those are just simple examples. There are many aspects of our gameplay that reforges will indirectly affect whether we decide to ignore them or not.

There's nothing anyone can do now but adapt, but even the people who are all for these reforges would realize that their impact (good or bad) is by no means something you can ignore, and it will affect you one way or the other down the road.

Whether you like them or not, such large scale game changes over two tiny cash shop-only items for a game in its last legs is just unfair on an unsuspecting playerbase.

Minatou
08-25-2012, 02:50 AM

Like Aliyah said, however, there are plenty of game content and revenue methods that are destroyed by reforge. Why would anyone pay 3m for that Oblivion ES you camped all week for profit, when they could just spend the same amount on reforge kits and achieve greater efficiency.

Even high level players are affected... work hard to get your smith and tailor huh? well, a handful of people just spent $60 and got a experience reforge that allows you to circumvent 90% of the difficulty those skills involved. Think that after a few weeks you can still sell your bracers and avons at the same price you've been selling them, or anywhere near that?

Those are just simple examples. There are many aspects of our gameplay that reforges will indirectly affect whether we decide to ignore them or not.

There's nothing anyone can do now but adapt, but even the people who are all for these reforges would realize that their impact (good or bad) is by no means something you can ignore, and it will affect you one way or the other down the road.

Whether you like them or not, such large scale game changes over two tiny cash shop-only items for a game in its last legs is just unfair one way or the other.

Pretty sure the only things that will be worth anything on the market are high tier reforged items w/ elementals and such.
Basically like the MMO maplestory all over again. I wouldn't be surprised if I saw a BS EXP 20 Hammer up for offer. I can't even fathom the amount of money some would pay for that. Especially when you're in need of what 200~300$(if not more) for a nicely reforged item?

Meh I'm probably not going to pay attention to reforging my items until I feel I "deserve it" AKA endgame :/ it's no fun destroying everything at a lower level lmao.

The funnest things in mabinogi are the hardest things. Or at least, that's how I view it.

Though it will discourage me when I see someone of lower level hitting higher because of reforges.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 03:35 AM

Whether you like them or not, such large scale game changes over two tiny cash shop-only items for a game in its last legs is just unfair on an unsuspecting playerbase.

I'd laugh if this effects the prices on Hebona robes

jkjk

but selling hebona robes from AAHM is a nice way making large sums of money, still.

radionoise
08-25-2012, 03:37 AM
I'd laugh if this effects the prices on Hebona robes

jkjk

but selling hebona robes from AAHM is a nice way making large sums of money, still.

Uh... it comes from permanent gacha now lol, so not really... it'll tank really badly in a week or two. And even if it didn't, people solo/duo breezing through aahm because of reforges can't help.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 03:40 AM
Uh... it comes from permanent gacha now lol, so not really... it'll tank really badly in a week or two. And even if it didn't, people solo/duo breezing through aahm because of reforges can't help.

Fuck, My, Life.

So AAHM is useless now?

:sigh:

radionoise
08-25-2012, 03:41 AM
Fuck, My, Life.

So AAHM is useless now?

:sigh:

It's a fun dungeon to solo/duo, so not really. Profit-wise, maybe.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 03:43 AM
It's a fun dungeon to solo/duo, so not really. Profit-wise, maybe.

Well me and my wife duo it occasionally in hopes of getting a Hebona and splitting profits.

I just hope the robe doesn't go below 2m.

Minatou
08-25-2012, 03:49 AM
Well me and my wife duo it occasionally in hopes of getting a Hebona and splitting profits.

I just hope the robe doesn't go below 2m.

If it goes below 2m, then I'll truely wonder what's worth selling anymore.
Think what I've been seeing a few of my friends have luck with is selling the books from yvona. Since we seem to commerce quite a bit and have nothing better to buy w/ ducats they've been selling those. Selling a M.piece bow for 6m yields less profit than selling the books since the books sell for higher than a 1/1 ratio of ducats to gold.

Though doing AAHM w/ a duo isn't to bad. Been running it in hopes that a close friend of mine gets it, so far no dice. ;n; The dura burn from doing AAHM with a solo/duo is quite high though ;~; lost about 3~4 dura on my weapons from 1 run in there with a duo O.e

legendaryguy
08-25-2012, 03:52 AM
So...are these limited?

Minatou
08-25-2012, 03:54 AM
So...are these limited?

...No? Lol
I hope they aren't XD. Pretty sure they're permanent lol.

Health
08-25-2012, 03:58 AM
The true death of Mabinogi is the lack of level/class/skill/ap/etc limits.
It was too late years ago.

2 people should not be able to do AAHM efficiently.

Also the lack of competitive PvP to encourage game balance....lol

Cide
08-25-2012, 04:10 AM
The true death of Mabinogi is the lack of level/class/skill/ap/etc limits.
It was too late years ago.

2 people should not be able to do AAHM efficiently.

Also the lack of competitive PvP to encourage game balance....lol

... you could duo AAHM efficiently WAY, WAY before reforge kits.

Minatou
08-25-2012, 04:15 AM
... you could duo AAHM efficiently WAY, WAY before reforge kits.

He's saying that Mabinogi's lack of a Level/AP cap and the lack of class limitations(AKA Like other MMORPGs with specialized classes such as Ranger,Warrior,Mages,etc.) are what broke this game. Though the ability to be anything in this game is what attracts me to it...so yeah...

But, that's just how the game is and I like it that way >:I

NomadTrooper
08-25-2012, 04:28 AM

1. Wear non-reforged gear
2. Join party
3. Put on reforged gear during mission and KS like crazy
4. ????
5. Profit

ihateyou2
08-25-2012, 12:53 PM
what if you were to reforge a ego bow/2h to a rank 1 lvl 6 elemental then transfer it to a 1h sword. would it retain the lvl 6 elemental reforge?

arklian
08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
what if you were to reforge a ego bow/2h to a rank 1 lvl 6 elemental then transfer it to a 1h sword. would it retain the lvl 6 elemental reforge?

The reforge stays with the weapon. The transferred bow will keep the reforge.

Drizzit
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
You guys are acting like this is the first time Mabi has been pay2win.

Kaeporo
08-25-2012, 01:05 PM
This isn't even that bad.

The best reforge i've seen so far was Fire 4 level, Ice 4 level and i've used over 280 kits. You'll spend 200~300 dollars to pick up around 44% more damage, while you can obtain ~40% damage from a premium combo card for around 100 bucks.

You should pretty much ignore the concept of having anything decent paired with elemental Lv5 and Lv6. It's not gonna happen. Trust me.

Drizzit
08-25-2012, 01:11 PM

The best reforge i've seen so far was Fire 4 level, Ice 4 level and i've used over 280 kits. You'll spend 200~300 dollars to pick up around 44% more damage, while you can obtain ~40% damage from a premium combo card for around 100 bucks.

You should pretty much ignore the concept of having anything decent paired with elemental Lv5 and Lv6. It's not gonna happen. Trust me.

And if I see someone with one, I'll laugh at them for wasting hundreds of dollars on a computer game.

Cynic
08-25-2012, 01:24 PM
And if I see someone with one, I'll laugh at them for wasting hundreds of dollars on a computer game.

It's not much different from the people who spend hundreds and sometimes even thousands on other redundant hobbies; collecting cards, stamps, figures, etc.

Hobbies are always wasteful in the eyes of certain people.

Perfectio
08-25-2012, 02:41 PM

It's 44% more damage to the people who already churn out the most DPS, not to mention massively warping game mechanics. The people who benefit the most from reforges are the people who have already benefitted the most from Mabinogi's power creep.

This wouldn't be gamebreaking one bit (at least combat-wise, leaving aside the life skills) if Alchemists got 44-66% extra Flame Burst or Water Cannon damage and automatically got all 5 charges from reforges with a flame radius about the width of IS explosion range (or a Water Cannon that had a splash about the size of WM range), while every other class got jank (though they do get to essentially pretend aggro doesn't exist with raincast reforge). Why? Because this would simply make Flame Burst and Water Cannon skill that can legitimately matchup with the rest of the meta. But it is gamebreaking when people who are *already* doing 10-15k crits every few seconds without these reforges get 44% more damage.

Now, I'm not saying that reforges are an acceptable way to do this (rather, modify Flame Burst and Chain Cylinder to do those things natively - pay to win is bad per se, even though it's not as pay to win as say, rebirth cards because you can trade for them with gold rather than participate in risky NX trades) but it is far more acceptable that the classes that takes 10-15 seconds to do 10k get 44% damage and a massive change to their mechanics than the classes that already take 0-2 seconds to do 10k get 44% damage and a massive change to their mechanics. OP reforges for mages and alchemists would put them on par (or slightly above) with the rest of the metagame. OP reforges for fighters/warriors/rangers blow away the rest of the metagame.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 02:48 PM

I'll be honest, I think the Prem Combo cards are better(Money wise) then reforge kits, cause you can use Any weapons(Good or Stock weapon) and still get the damage boost. other then just depending on one weapon, just gotta pay 2bucks a month... which isn't to bad if you get nx often.

Kaeporo
08-25-2012, 04:00 PM
On that note, I thought that Lv20 was the highest level for reforges. My arbalest just got a dexterity 22 level effect.

radionoise
08-25-2012, 04:06 PM
On that note, I thought that Lv20 was the highest level for reforges. My arbalest just got a dexterity 22 level effect.

I got dex 22 a lot of times. IIRC in test server, also saw dex 22 as the only one that went past 20... so I suppose bug still stayed.

Did you check your char screen to see if it gave 55 dex or 50?

Kaeporo
08-25-2012, 04:18 PM
I got dex 22 a lot of times. IIRC in test server, also saw dex 22 as the only one that went past 20... so I suppose bug still stayed.

Did you check your char screen to see if it gave 55 dex or 50?

I should have checked it out but i'm far past caring.

Decided that elemental reforges are simply way too fucking rare at 1 rank. Decided to stick with this until Nexon lifts my charge limit.

http://i45.tinypic.com/1g0n87.png

Herro
08-25-2012, 04:32 PM

Decided that elemental reforges are simply way too fucking rare at 1 rank. Decided to stick with this until Nexon lifts my charge limit.

not enough range!

Kaeporo
08-25-2012, 04:35 PM
not enough range!

I need to go troll bow users in EVG.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 04:42 PM

Fucking fear

Now I love you

Romanji
08-25-2012, 04:47 PM
Pay 2 Play In effect
Kids, grab yo parent's wallets
Teens, pinch yo pennies
Adults, sell yo car
Spending one thousand dollars wins you the game and the dislike admiration of all your friends Peers.

Tropa
08-25-2012, 04:57 PM
Pay 2 Play In effect
Kids, grab yo parent's wallets
Teens, pinch yo pennies
Adults, sell yo car
Spending one thousand dollars wins you the game and the dislike admiration of all your friends Peers.

S>House

Locke
08-25-2012, 05:06 PM
S>House

https://encrypted-tbn0.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7LLuNSB1pHYHXYjtPUMwuZfDrJ_8Ch hMmrOO9AdBbbCdWwrXt

???

Joker
08-25-2012, 05:49 PM
S>House

S>kidsintoslavery.....lololol... ~LOOKS AT SPLAT~ O________O cmere... lol

Vasnia
08-25-2012, 07:31 PM
Not sure if anyones shown an ego that's been fixed with a credne kit, so here's mine:
http://i.imgur.com/7hmkL.png
(sadly I couldn't find a screenshot of it broken)

It's still a baby in levels, but I love it's reforge! Just took one kit too :D

Minatou
08-25-2012, 10:00 PM

Now that's something that would be funny.

"Y U XBOW HAVE MORE RANGE!?"
"BOW Y U NO WORK RIGHT!?"
Lmao.

Azareel
08-25-2012, 10:01 PM
Now that's something that would be funny.

"Y U XBOW HAVE MORE RANGE!?"
"BOW Y U NO WORK RIGHT!?"
Lmao.

Sounds about right. xD

Doot Doot
08-26-2012, 01:14 AM
I did 5 and got this.
http://puu.sh/YUfn
Not sure if I should keep it or not.

Kaeporo
08-26-2012, 01:26 AM
I did 5 and got this.
http://puu.sh/YUfn
Not sure if I should keep it or not.

3 Rank: Elemental Lv2+ (Possibly double elemental)
2 Rank: Elemental Lv3/Lv4 (Possibly double elemental)
1 Rank: Elemental Lv4 to Lv6 (Possibly with another useful reforge like Effective Range)

Zeo
08-26-2012, 01:40 PM
He's saying that Mabinogi's lack of a Level/AP cap and the lack of class limitations(AKA Like other MMORPGs with specialized classes such as Ranger,Warrior,Mages,etc.) are what broke this game. Though the ability to be anything in this game is what attracts me to it...so yeah...

But, that's just how the game is and I like it that way >:I

To the bolded part: Uhh... Mabinogi would be more dead if we're forced to be limited on levels and APs. Lol.

Nope, not everything... My friend has gotten level 19 Critical reforge on his blacksmith hammer while aiming for exp reforge.

Perfectio
08-26-2012, 01:44 PM
The problem is that DevCat doesn't know how to scale and balance content for not having a level cap.

radionoise
08-26-2012, 01:54 PM
Nope, not everything... My friend has gotten level 19 Critical reforge on his blacksmith hammer while aiming for exp reforge.

He was doing it on a 1h sword, so everything is capped at 10 (or 3 for elemental reforge) for him.

seirk
08-26-2012, 07:46 PM
http://i.imgur.com/UxuCP.jpg

5 trys with Credne's. And yes they do fix broken ego reforges.

Johny
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM
I like how mages and alchemists are getting the short end of the stick...AGAIN! Whooo.....! Feels like g1~g12 all over again

Tropa
08-27-2012, 06:56 PM
I like how mages and alchemists are getting the short end of the stick...AGAIN! Whooo.....! Feels like g1~g12 all over again

The game is depressing anymore to people who don't have enough gold/Nx to buy these Max damage enchants/reforge kits.

Friends are the only reason why I'm still happy.

Aubog007
08-27-2012, 06:59 PM
The game is depressing anymore to people who don't have enough gold/Nx to buy these Max damage enchants/reforge kits.

Friends are the only reason why I'm still happy.

I dont have a single thing reforged except life skill stuff. Doesn't bother me any.

Tropa
08-27-2012, 07:01 PM
I dont have a single thing reforged except life skill stuff. Doesn't bother me any.

This is why I respect you, your not reforge depended

Renzato
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
Only people I see this affecting are people who want to be stronger than the others. And these people were already generally "stronger" than the general population so not much as changed in retrospect. I see absolutely no reason for all this butthurt to occur just because a select few want to push their limits and see what is achievable. The argument of "any newb can now attain greater damage than me" is mostly irrelevant. Very doubtful a significant amount of new players will dedicate hundreds of dollars worth of NX just for these kits. And even then the portion is so small that it shouldn't matter to you. And if someone being stronger than you truly makes you want to just ragequit, then that is your own personal problem.

Edit: And at people looking down upon people who actually do want to use these reforges to test their limits. That looks worse on you than it does on those who actually do attempt these things. Most of those that are using these reforges probably did not need them and were doing just fine before. And those select people judging them negatively because they want to use these kits are just silly.

Sinned
08-27-2012, 07:04 PM
B>Lv19/20 Ice Spear Explosion Range video/picture

Perfectio
08-27-2012, 07:08 PM
Only people I see this affecting are people who want to be stronger than the others. And these people were already generally "stronger" than the general population so not much as changed in retrospect. I see absolutely no reason for all this butthurt to occur just because a select few want to push their limits and see what is achievable. The argument of "any newb can now attain greater damage than me" is mostly irrelevant. Very doubtful a significant amount of new players will dedicate hundreds of dollars worth of NX just for these kits. And even then the portion is so small that it shouldn't matter to you. And if someone being stronger than you truly makes you want to just ragequit, then that is your own personal problem.

So we shouldn't care about balance and fairness in games. Gotcha.

How about we make it so that instead of playing NFL games, the owners just present a briefcase to the refs, and the briefcase with more money wins.

Also we'll arbitarily change the rules so that certain strategies are favored and other strategies are downgraded? Why? Just because.

Johny
08-27-2012, 07:08 PM
This is why I respect you, your not reforge depended

Lol yea, I play mabi old school style, with good enchants and equips. I only find reforges useful for skill sets that are dependent on max damage. Other than that, life skill ones are useful i guess xD

I'll admit I've been trying to get magic attack reforged accessories recently. :< Go ahead, hate me...

But I doubt ill dish out hundreds of dollars on advanced reforges when I defeat most enemies rather easily already... I don't find them worthwhile unless you want to gloat about your acquired power.