[KR] Cooking, First Aid, Rest, Campfire Uncap and Homestead Update
Figured I'd share the news here cause finally something caught my attention enough to get me excited about giving Mabinogi another shot.
Korea has finally uncapped Rest, First Aid, Campfire, and Cooking all to rank 1!
Here's the details:
* Cooking Master Title now available.
* Ranking up Cooking will give mana.
* New cooking methods and tools have been added:
Pizza Making, Fermentation, Sous-vide, Carving
* New tools available from general store and cooking pets.
* 100 new food dishes have been added, some new dishes have new effect when consuming.
* 3 new cooking ingredients and 3 new fish have been added.
* Rank 1 Available, mana will be gained on rank ups.
* From Rank 5 mana will be recovered when using rest skill, from Rank 1 potion poisoning relief effect will be added.
* Rank 1 Available, hp will be gained on rank ups.
* From Rank 5 casting time decreases, from Rank 1 multiple first aid becomes possible.
* At Rank 2 to Rank 1, you can select either Eaven or Aodhan npc to proceed with quest line.
* Rank 1 Available, stamina will be gained on rank ups.
* From Rank 5, the appearance of campfire changes to bonfire. (Campfire kits won't change appearance)
* From Rank 5 you can incinerate Mini-Incense.
* From Rank 3, Fine Incense
* From Rank 1, Finest Incense
* Mini-Incense can be bought from healer's house, fine and finest can be made with handicraft.
* You can only burn one incense per bonfire, be careful not to burn the whole stack.
* You will receive a special effect when you rest for 1 minute, next to a Bonfire infused with Incense.
Vanilla Incense: HP, MP, SP recovery speed increase
Lavender Incense: Attack Delay reduction
Lemongrass Incense: Fishing Success Rate and Fishing Size Increase
Cherry Incense: Collection Speed increase (does not apply to metallurgy)
Cotton Incense: Production Success Rate increase
* The Grade of Incense you use alters the effect.
* Effects will last for 36 minutes or until you log out.
* If you sit by a different Incense Infused Bonfire, the new effect will overwrite your current one.
* You cannot get the same effect again from the same bonfire.
In addition to these changes they have also added 3 new Renown NPC's - Edern, Endelyon, and Eluned
You gain HP, MP, and stamina from these NPC's at random amounts. If you don't like the stats you get you can re-do level 50? I believe... it's a tad confusing
Max stamina, HP, and MP has been uncapped from 1500 > 2500
The rest is a rough google translate. If anyone can gleam something more meaningful and coherent from this be my guest.
Let the discussion and hype begin!
Originally Posted by Nexon
Sounds like the homestead housing update I've been hearing about. :o
Ya the homestead update has me really excited. What I'm looking forward to most though is the Cooking skill uncap. Cooking and Music have always been my favorite life skills in Mabinogi.
Cooking and music all the way. I'm always up for a homestead update :D
More mana sounds good.
If we ever get this homestead update will only need 2 things to never have to leave mine again: summon pets and a bank NPC.
As I understand it, they'll be adjusting the damage formula for alchemy skills to offset the higher HP/SP/MP pools. Hopefully they'll scale Hydra Transmutation down to 0.05 from 0.08 and leave everything else alone. Alchemy needs all the help it can get. All around, plenty of good changes.
only took them well over 10 years for them to do.
Seriously, alchemy needs a lifeline lol A couple of its skills are useful in super unique situations but generally it's a lost art.
Oh my god, I haven't had to use rest in a dungeon to bandage up and heal with my party since forever. It was fun because we'd set down a fireplace and have a little chat while we waited for everyone to get back up to full health. I guess that might come back when we eventually need to take a break to lose pot poisoning lol
I really do like these changes, looks like they're focusing more of the "life" aspects of the game, which is always welcome.
Alchemy's damage formulas are laughably bad.
Originally Posted by Kaeporo
The Enlightenment and Vates patches were a nice band-aid to the skill set, but it kinda just faded out overtime. I'd overhaul it's damage formulas as well as tweak some skills to help it scale with other skill sets.
I'd also like to have Magic's damage formulas changed as well.