Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: Noob archers rafting

  1. #21
    Panda's Underling
    Meme of the year
    Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Hitaki
    Total Level
    3XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Dango
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Nodoka
    Type
    Evie
    Guild
    None as of yet
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    4,677
    Gold
    17,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsik View Post
    Pika, before you try to troll someone poorly, maybe it's best that you try to understand what the OP is talking about in that newer archers that can't kill the hobgoblins before they get out of range and glitches them so that the person behind them can't Thunder them effectively, so whether or not they have R1 Thunder isn't important.

    But the main point I'm trying to come across with is: Stop being a failtroll. You are amazingly good at being a lousy troll with your poor antagonizing comments, that it's probably best to stop now before everyone trolls you for failing at trolling so bad. :v
    What the hell was that? I read that he was talking about "noob archers" clearly. I used my human as an example because :

    1) Despite the Rank 1 skills, it can't ohko hobgoblins with ranged.
    2) I've rafted before and only killed a few hobgoblins before they got out of range.

    Not to mention yes I said to get Rank 1 Thunder, but I didn't say to use it in a party. The way you imply it is that they were to use it in a party where the fail archer would screw them over.

  2. #22
    Never Again. Ever. I mean it.


    <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Ailios
    Total Level
    20xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Scamall
    Level
    4x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Northern Vermont
    Posts
    3,562
    Gold
    9,438,593
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikablu View Post
    What the hell was that? I read that he was talking about "noob archers" clearly. I used my human as an example because :

    1) Despite the Rank 1 skills, it can't ohko hobgoblins with ranged.
    2) I've rafted before and only killed a few hobgoblins before they got out of range.

    Not to mention yes I said to get Rank 1 Thunder, but I didn't say to use it in a party. The way you imply it is that they were to use it in a party where the fail archer would screw them over.
    No, I'm not talking about a party. I'm talking about a noob archer goes down by him/herself and attacks the hobgoblins, failing to kill them and screwing around with their AI's. Then when the next person who comes down the river by his/herself, that person will have problems hitting all the hobgoblins because they're now spread around, so their run isn't as effective if the person before them weren't a terrible archer and didn't know what to do, hence the noob part of the noob archer proclamation. What you're implying isn't a noob archer.

    If an archer knows what to do, then I don't think the OP cares that much if they couldn't kill them in one hit or not. The whole point of the thread is talking about those archers that don't know what they're doing.

    As for calling you a failtroll, it's quite evident that by calling the OP out by telling him to man up and making him look like a loser because he can't handle something that he has no control over that you're trying to draw some aggression towards you. Just because today you finally got an answer from the girl you like and she gave you a reply that put you in the friend zone forever doesn't mean that you should try to be a bad ass on forums where everyone thinks that you're cuddlier than a teddy bear. :v

  3. #23
    Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,288
    Gold
    99,191
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsik View Post
    Just because today you finally got an answer from the girl you like and she gave you a reply that put you in the friend zone forever doesn't mean that you should try to be a bad ass on forums where everyone thinks that you're cuddlier than a teddy bear. :v
    Lol finally? Pika, you're so cliche. And pretty weird too.

  4. #24
    Panda's Underling
    Meme of the year
    Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki is a Nation Alchemist Hitaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Hitaki
    Total Level
    3XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Dango
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Nodoka
    Type
    Evie
    Guild
    None as of yet
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    The Real World
    Posts
    4,677
    Gold
    17,764
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsik View Post
    No, I'm not talking about a party. I'm talking about a noob archer goes down by him/herself and attacks the hobgoblins, failing to kill them and screwing around with their AI's. Then when the next person who comes down the river by his/herself, that person will have problems hitting all the hobgoblins because they're now spread around, so their run isn't as effective if the person before them weren't a terrible archer and didn't know what to do, hence the noob part of the noob archer proclamation. What you're implying isn't a noob archer.

    If an archer knows what to do, then I don't think the OP cares that much if they couldn't kill them in one hit or not. The whole point of the thread is talking about those archers that don't know what they're doing.

    As for calling you a failtroll, it's quite evident that by calling the OP out by telling him to man up and making him look like a loser because he can't handle something that he has no control over that you're trying to draw some aggression towards you. Just because today you finally got an answer from the girl you like and she gave you a reply that put you in the friend zone forever doesn't mean that you should try to be a bad ass on forums where everyone thinks that you're cuddlier than a teddy bear. :v
    If that's the case I don't see why you just CC and re-run.

    As for "Acting like a bad ass on the forums", it's mainly because I just had two ****ed up days in a row, and I've been in a really bad mood in both real life and online. I'd rant about it right now, but nobody would believe me and it would have the same boring result as that time I ranted about my birthday and soviet teacher. Also nice job hijacking Pepe2's thread to attempt to 'discipline' me. Maybe I can say Just as Planned to that as well.

  5. #25
    Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Okami
    Total Level
    XXXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Valariea
    Type
    Vella
    Level
    XX
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Amurica
    Posts
    2,779
    Gold
    23,229
    Quote Originally Posted by Adelynn View Post
    Rafting isn't just for you. I like rafting, but don't like using wands, so I'm going to keep ranging. It's sweet, and it gets me a nice amount of exploration. If it bugs you that much, there are many channels. One is bound to not have a ranger right before you. I hate when people think they own an aspect of the game and post biased opinions based on that.
    Going to have to agree with this. What your saying doesn't even happen to me often, and if it does I just use my bow. Not a big deal, it won't hurt me to not thunder for a leg of the river.

     Steam!

  6. #26
    Mabination User Wizardslay has just left the soul stream Wizardslay's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Sniper
    Total Level
    XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Claymore
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    TX
    Posts
    77
    Gold
    1,401
    My guild leader hits 1k min with ranged. If your going to be ranging you might as well have half that damage with a magnum, or go level up your thunder.

  7. #27
    Grandmaster Defenestrator Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Fracture
    Total Level
    24XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Descar
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    56
    Guild
    Crime Sorciere
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    1,820
    Gold
    989
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardslay View Post
    My guild leader hits 1k min with ranged. If your going to be ranging you might as well have half that damage with a magnum, or go level up your thunder.
    Every archer starts somewhere. Not everyone has the money to get rank 1 refine, so some archers will be limited to around 60-70 max base damage. Should we prohibit them from rafting because they're not as strong, and because some elitists get their panties in a knot because the mobs are spread out?

    No.

    As for your guild leader hitting 1K min with magnum, that means he either has really good min damage gear, uses trans, a really strong ego, all of the above, or you're bull****ting in an attempt to make your opinion look more valid. Going on the outlandish assumption that it's not the last option, not everyone (noob or not) is going to have maxed out Hands, a lv20+ str ego or good damage gear.

    Quote Originally Posted by abc33kr View Post
    Oh no, don't try to steer off the thread into nowhere.

    I was annoyed by players who don't flush the toilet after they ****. It is godamn disgusting.
    *That analogy means I hate players who knock hobs out into nowhere and they don't clean up after themselves, thus becoming an annoyance to the whole community.

    Rangers who can actually raft are okay cuz they actually clean up after themselves and they are even able to clean those areas not easily accessed by most people.
    Again-- rafting is not just there for you. If you can't deal with mobs that have been knocked around, it's pretty apparent you need to be more adaptable. They're not an annoyance to the whole community-- they're an annoyance to self-obsessed mages who think that when they go rafting everything should be perfectly set up for them.

    Don't try to accuse someone of derailing because they don't agree with your biased opinion.
    Last edited by Okami; 09-28-2010 at 09:50 PM. Reason: Language/Name Calling.
    <C1> Glas: [x27] | Tabhartas + Esras: [x4] | Cromm Cruiach: [x11] <C1>
    <C2> Crumena: [x11] <C2>
    <C3> Claimh Solas: [x45] | Doppleganger: [x18] | Uroboros: [x19] | Nuadha: [x2] <C3>
    <C4> Grim Reaper: [x4] | Bran: [x5] |Lugh: [x0] | Elizabeth: [x2] <C4>


    Manliest Man of Mabination


    Master Archer ~~ Wise Blacksmith


  8. #28
    Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    6,518
    Gold
    76,452
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardslay View Post
    My guild leader hits 1k min with ranged. If your going to be ranging you might as well have half that damage with a magnum, or go level up your thunder.
    Well, considering he has one of the highest Dex of Alexina, a 40+ Str Leather Long Bow ego to boot, easy access to end-game enchants...

    Know that every archer that ever goes solo rafting isn't that far in stats (or even in the same league).

  9. #29
    I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    8500
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    3,394
    Gold
    17,765
    I like how people come in here saying "I have rank 1 Range + Magnum!" thinking that that makes them a good archer, and they don't even have over 250 Dex.

    On the other hand, Ice Spear eats up the lowhp/scattered mobs, so I don't have a problem with it.

  10. #30
    Mabination User Beepuke has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Beepuke
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Classic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    363
    Gold
    6,138
    Rafting means public lanes. Means yeah it's annoying but you gotta deal. :v

    I have pretty decent dex and I can't one hit everything on the raft. I try not to consistently leave half dead enemies around, but sometimes one or two get left behind. I don't think it's a huge crime or anything if you have to use a bit more mana to clean up the mobs. Usually people raft a few times and leave. You go through once with your thunder, clean things up a bit, and you enjoy relatively clean thundering for your future runs. >> It's not that big of a deal...

    Before you say anything, I raft with thunder too. So I know that it can be a hassle to have enemies spread out. What's WORSE is when people glitch onto the raft banks, and then you have enemies lured far away from the river banks. Those are impossible to hit. :V

Closed Thread

Bookmarks