+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Proff like a pro!!!

Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Zyrus
    Total Level
    10k+
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Ewecania
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Proff like a pro!!!

Ok here are some good tips I have learned on proffing items. Hope you like it. Use this thread to add any good ones you have gotten.

Proffing (gaining proficiency on items in order to upgrade/ego them) is a great way to become stronger as a player and make some money at the same time.

Thursdays get Double Profficiency so prof on Thursdays when possible.
    Always bless your items.

Setup:
    1. Must have a character above the age of 25 for maximum gain in profficiency.
    2. Hamster Hunter and Whitespider Enchants. You can get these in ciar (hamster hunter) and fiodh (endchest whitespider). Place the enchants in clothes, boots, shield, helm, access, for up to -120 max damage (you'll see why later).
    3. Have some Holywater handy.

Weapon Proffing methods:

Swords/blunts/knuckles/tools -

Method 1: I think this is the best method for 1 reason. It is 100% afk proffing. You can just leave your computer on at night and proff till your item is 0 dura or you wake up.

Longa Normal:

Go to a recovery room and put on your hamster hunter white spider set. Only put on enough of the items to get your damage down to 1-1 or 0-0. Doing more just waistes dura and makes you need more repairs. Hit the Auto Button on. The hit 1 mob. When he goes into recovery hit a mob that just came out of recovery. Now back away from the keyboard and watch as your player goes back and forth and hits the mobs for 1 damage. This is 100% AFK proffing now. You can come back and check on it anytime or just go asleep for the night and wake up to 0 dura proffed item.

Method 2: Sometimes your weapon is too epic for method 1 (Demi-lich Destruction Dustin sword??) and deals too much damage for - damage enchants.

Put On clothes, 2x access, helm, shoes and enchant them all with lightening elementals. The head to the left side of the path between logging camp and Dunbarten. Climb up the hill and circle till you get to the top. Up here there is normally a willo wisp spawned all alone. Click on auto attack and pin him to a wall. You should be doing 1 damage to him and it will take quite a while before he is killed. You can semi afk for about 10-15 mins. The wait for respawn and repeat.

Method 3: Have a alt character with the malcoms ring request. The end boss of that dungeon is a giant golden spiderling who will only take 1 damage from any attack till you use counter. Don't use counter and you can just click auto and afk for 20 mins or so. Just make sure you don't kill the spider. You need to change channels when spider gets low and you'll have the pass back to repeat.

Range Proffing:

Method 1: TNN Zombies. Have a alt character go to tnn. Near the abandoned healer house is a clothing line/rack. If you get behind it nothing can reach you. Go lure 1-3 zombies near the healer house and hide behind the clothing rack. The click auto attack and shoot a shot at one of the zombies. You can now afk for 1000 arrows (keep alot in inventory).

Wand Proffing:

Method 1: Really the only method being used is this one. Stand at mana tunnel and cast heal repeatedly. Quite easy to proff just time consuming. No afk method outside of modding.

Armor/Shield:

Method 1: Go to rabbie normal/barrir normal with your alt character. On the second floor of each will be a large spawn of mimics. Ride a pet up to them and "touch" them while riding. Desummon pet and they will all aggro you. Have nothing on except the armor or shield you want to prof. If proffing a shield spam the def button. If proffing armor just get into a corner. For armor you can set a pet with MP up with healing AI and you can afk.

Method 2: I need better methods for these 2 please post yours.

Well hope this guide helps. If you have better methods please post them here.
    Last edited by Archibald; 04-26-2010 at 02:10 PM.
    Zyrus of Alexina

Retired

Frozen Yogurt
    Most helpful member of the year
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    This reminds me of what I was told about Provocation mission, which I'd be posting on questions and help to see if anyone knows more about it.
    Current mood:
    Currently taking an extremely long vacation from Mabinogi.
    CN Mabi [Main Server] Server: Eavan ~ Human ~ KR Test server too, sometimes

Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu has slain a prairie dragon Iyasenu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Teraschione
    Total Level
    70xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Vates
    Guild
    Symbiosis
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Miraschione
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    UNOMOMENTO
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Thursdays give double prof?
    i always thought it was just a boost.
    like... 1.2x xD

Sure didn't feel like 2x :<
     Kenero Drew Me!

Mabination User Melchinoir the golem slayer Melchinoir's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Melchinoir
    Total Level
    3xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Regulars
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    It is only a boost, approximately 20% increase, or a 1.2x multiplier as Iyasenu said. The exact numbers vary depending on what you're proffing and how, but 20% is a good estimate across the board.

Level: 16xx
    Critical Hit (Master) | Magnum Shot (一 Master) | Elf Ranged Attack (二 Master) | Windmill (一 Master)
    Metallurgy (1) | Playing Instrument (1) | Production Mastery (1) | Refining (1) | Weaving (1)
    Barrier Spikes (5) | Metal Conversion (4)
    Fury of Connous (1) | Elven Magic Missile (1) | Sharpness of Connous (1)

Mabination User Drago has defeated the golden spiderling Drago's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Drago
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    kthxbai :D

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Is the Cor river glitch socially acceptable? It's good for shields.
    Though, I prefer to just prof through normal usage (except for wands).

Mabination User oo1up has defeated the golden spiderling oo1up's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Nfiniteoneup
    Total Level
    idk
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Wolfblood
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus
    Character
    oo1up/Nfiniteoneup
    Playing?
    Waiting for NA Vindictus
    Gold
    coe river glitch?

please explain, i need to get my shield to 100 for the gem upgrade

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by oo1up View Post
    coe river glitch?

please explain, i need to get my shield to 100 for the gem upgrade
    Defense load time = 1.5 seconds
    Magic load time = 2.0-2.5 seconds

Figure out the rest.

Mabination User Shironi the golem slayer Shironi's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Shironi
    Total Level
    5xx
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Astonish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    A good way to prof defense, is not really afk, but 1+Def. Hit a monster once, activate defense. Repeat. You can't afk with this, but using defense while equipping the shield is still the fastest way. I think.

Mabination User Cookies the noob elemental master
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Lucinde
    Total Level
    scrub
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Transmutation
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shironi View Post
    A good way to prof defense, is not really afk, but 1+Def. Hit a monster once, activate defense. Repeat. You can't afk with this, but using defense while equipping the shield is still the fastest way. I think.
    What kind of monster are you fighting? There isn't enough time to load defense after 1 hit, you'd just get hit before you finish loading.

+ Reply to Thread