Closed Thread

Thread: How exactly does this Item Binding thing work?

Mabination User ZandarEagle has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

How exactly does this Item Binding thing work?

I have some armor I bought from the Marketplace way back, and now with the new binding system thing I figured I could resell it. But when I tried to list it, it still said that the item was bound to me. However, right under the item in my Inventory screen, it said that I have 3 binds on it remaining.

Is there a way to decrease the binds by 1 and allow it to be listed on the Marketplace?

Also, I see that enhanced weapons and armor can be sold on the Marketplace now. Does enhancing reset the amount of binds you have, like Deterioration?

And last but not least, you have to actually equip the item to bind it, right? (Yeah I know I asked something related in another topic but it's actually more on-topic for this post...)

The Wandering Alchemist

Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero is a master of the Mabinogion Kenero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kenero
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Guild
    Oberon
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Kenero
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ZandarEagle View Post
    I have some armor I bought from the Marketplace way back, and now with the new binding system thing I figured I could resell it. But when I tried to list it, it still said that the item was bound to me. However, right under the item in my Inventory screen, it said that I have 3 binds on it remaining.

Is there a way to decrease the binds by 1 and allow it to be listed on the Marketplace?

Also, I see that enhanced weapons and armor can be sold on the Marketplace now. Does enhancing reset the amount of binds you have, like Deterioration?

And last but not least, you have to actually equip the item to bind it, right? (Yeah I know I asked something related in another topic but it's actually more on-topic for this post...)
    There is a NX item that allows you to unbind items to you to make it tradable off the market place.

An item can only be sold on the market place at a maximum of 3 times. So each time you use the unbind NX item, the "unbound" count lowers by 1. Then once it hits 0, you can no longer put it back on the market place, even with the unbind NX item.

Of course, the bound NX item isn't available yet.

The above could be wrong, but that's what my research shows.
    Kenero of Mari Server.

Royal Alchemist, streaming it through and living relaxed.

"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert

heretic304 the noob elemental master heretic304's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Aishya
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Falysia
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    Kestral
    Gold
    It may not be an NX item because as of now, there are a bunch of enhanced equipment up on the marketplace

Studio SDT~
    Their artwork is so nice =)

Vindictus East

Falysia - 44 Fiona
    Balthus - 44 Lann
    Aishya - 44 Evy

Mabination User Teaberry the succubus slayer Teaberry's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Teaberry
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    Kestral
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    As a party member mentioned yesterday, their +5 Scythe was unbound and they didn't know why. Perhaps with the update some items just magically found themselves unbound and are being sold on the market. The rest of us will have to wait until the NX item is released.

**And I don't believe you have to wear the item for it to be bound. Simply buying it is enough to bind it to you; probably a mechanic put in to prevent players from 'playing the market.'** Disregard this, the mechanic changed and I was not aware
    Last edited by Teaberry; 12-08-2010 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Incorrect Information
    Tea is liquid wisdom. ~Anonymous

whocares8128 the Mabination seal breaker whocares8128 the Mabination seal breaker whocares8128's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Ellyna
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Ludus Magnus
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    This is somewhat off-topic, but I believe enhancing no longer binds equipment since the last update (at least up to +5). I know it used to, but I didn't enhance my staff until after the update, and if I recall correctly, it's not bound to me.

As far as how to unbind things, I believe the mechanic is unavailable at this time.

Mabination User SaintSnow has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    It only becomes bound to you once you reach any enhancement above +8.
    Anytime after that, a player must use a unbinding potion to be able to resell the item in the marketplace.
    Do make sure to check how many binds are left on the item before hand because you are only allowed 3.
    If it's already at 0 binds left then you will only be able to sell to a NPC.

Mabination User shujin51 has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    EU - Morrighan
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    it is realy annoying how nexon makes money. It is hard enough to enhance an item above 8 without rune. And even if u use runes they will only protect till u get +10 and i think the higher ur enhancement lvl is the more unbind potions u need, cause i enhanced to +9 and need 3 then for +10 i need 5!. Only wasting money for weapons-.-

Closed Thread