+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Who's idea was it to require fails in refining!?

Mabination User Offspring was almost killed by a brown fox Offspring's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Offspring
    Total Level
    5XX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Darkstar
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Meikeru View Post
    They just happened to forget that once you die, you stay dead.
    Rank 1 ~ Master: Windmill, Critical, Refine
    Rank 9 ~ Rank 5: Combat Mastery, Smash, Body of Chaos, Production Mastery, Rest, Production Mastery
    Desperately needs "Master of Smash" title

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Don't waste Brionac's durability ranking Refine. That ability should be saved for blacksmithing, tailoring or it should be ignored. AP is your most valuable resource. Do not waste it.

Is that so? Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey is a Nation Alchemist Kyubey's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Hijiri
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    hakua
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    Don't waste Brionac's durability ranking Refine. That ability should be saved for blacksmithing, tailoring or it should be ignored. AP is your most valuable resource. Do not waste it.
    you forgot weaving

HOLY COW! Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Phunkie
    Total Level
    26xx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Cionaodh
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    in real life we often learn more from our failures than from our successes. Overcoming adveristy tests your character. They wanted to make mabinogi somewhat real in some areas.
    By that logic, every death in Mabinogi should grant us experience. JUST LIKE SAIYANS.

Also, OP... I wouldn't use the Brionac on Refining. Save it for something that's worth the effort.

I personally used it on my Summon Golem's kills. They were too many, but the Brionac helped solve that.
    Last edited by Phunkie; 12-29-2010 at 12:16 AM.

The Gigantic Ponce Ravendor the shadow hero Ravendor the shadow hero Ravendor the shadow hero Ravendor the shadow hero Ravendor's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Ravendor
    Total Level
    11XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I hope OP invested in a scarecrow set before embarking on the higher refine levels. o.o

Art by otto

Adventures in Erinn

Mabination User TinyMo the succubus slayer TinyMo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Israel
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Mugen
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    I wish they just let successes and failures give you experience; no limit on how many. That way you could just keep succeeding or failing. Whatever you do best, lol. Just let it give you less exp after a certain number. Like maybe give you .01. That way you'd get it eventually no matter what.
    Some may regard tears as a sign of weakness; but quite the contrary, the one who has no tears to shed has buried his humanity. ~Watchman Nee

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Offspring
    Total Level
    5XX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Darkstar
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravendor View Post
    I hope OP invested in a scarecrow set before embarking on the higher refine levels. o.o
    Currently at r5 I only have 52 base DEX and with my title I only have 22 DEX. I could go make one if I wanted though. As for everyone else I'm not going to repair my Broniac once I kill the dura. Honestly, I hate the thing. As for other difficult skills I'll rank them legit. The only reason why I want to even use the Broniac in the first place is because there is a lot of new stuff coming out in G13 and I don't want to spend my time sitting in Bangor hoping for failures while I could be mastering Down attack or ranking Sword Mastery since it does give DEX and would conflict with me ranking refine.
    Rank 9 ~ Rank 5: Combat Mastery, Smash, Body of Chaos, Production Mastery, Rest, Production Mastery

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE! Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Meikeru
    Total Level
    6xx
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Ex-Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Meikeru
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    R3 currently with a minimum of 66 dex. Though that could be coming from my leveling. I would work on failures when you rebirth.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Offspring
    Total Level
    5XX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Darkstar
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Meikeru View Post
    R3 currently with a minimum of 66 dex. Though that could be coming from my leveling. I would work on failures when you rebirth.
    I don't rebirth unless I get to level 65~70 and with all this lag it's going to be an even bigger challenge. Yeah, I never thought about the +DEX i get from leveling since I'm normally 17+. Thanks, I'll be sure to rank refine at lower levels.

Mabination User EienNoTsubasa has just left the soul stream EienNoTsubasa's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kougenshusui
    Total Level
    19xx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Together
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Downpour
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    17?
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Ferghus, so that he wouldn't feel so alone about failing

To answer your serious question, I'd suggest that you don't. It's much mroe worth it to even buy the ores because once you get into ranged and stuff, you'll realize how valuable AP is

+ Reply to Thread