Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    Dead
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold

Enchanting a glory sword

In your opinion, for a total level 336 who has no R1 skills, what enchant do you think would be good for his glory sword?

I'd also like to know why people say Wakizashi is a bad weapon. At base it seems to be at least 1 point of damage less than a gladius and i have yet to check its crit and balance.

I was thinking stiff would be great on a glory sword but then, its R9 and im not completely sure on the enchantment process.

R9 = death to my item when fail right? AND i need to get enchants lower than R9 before i can enchant R9. so an RA enchant.

I also then need a stiff weapon which is around 25k on the housing board in mari, which i think i can handle. and finally I need a high rank enchanter. as my enchant is F xD

oh and compared to a Wakizashi, is the Katana overall stronger in terms of DPS with a wakizashi + Gladius combo? or are they both equally weak weapons.

Mabination User Cryosite the Mabination seal breaker Cryosite the Mabination seal breaker
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Cryosite
    Total Level
    28xx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Inebriation
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    CryoEvie
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Best advice I can offer for the glory sword: put it in the bank for now. You're nowhere near strong enough to need or be able to use it. Save it for much later when you actually have a high base damage, rk1 smash, and actually run content where you need the high crit that sword provides. You'll also be much better able to afford good enchants for it.

201-path Wakizashi (max damage upgrade path) has these stats: 24-67, 5% crit, 26% balance, 5 dura. Most of the options to make a more crit-oriented upgrade path lose tons of max damage. The sword is just plain weaker than broadswords if you are going for a high max damage +crit weapon and have the dex to keep good balance despite low balance on the sword itself. Gladius has similar max damage, better min damage, and higher balance for users who don't have that kind of dex. There isn't really much point to the Wakizashi except for its looks.

as for the Katana... 2-handed swords in general are weaker than duel wielding until you have incredibly high base damage (powerful max damage enchant setup+most str boosting skills maxed out)and then only when using smash. 221 path katana has these stats: Attack 10-85
    Critical 20% Balance 41% Durability 8. A good claymore has higher crit and more max damage; by the time a two-hander is even worth it you should easily have the dex for it, so no reason to value the katana's balance at all really. It is also strictly inferior to the highlander claymore, dustin silver knight sword, dragon fang, and glory sword.

Again... only useful for the looks, really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Wed 19-Jan 2011 mabinogichat (xfire) Live Chat with Nexon GM's
    NXNeural (nexonamerica): so... we'll keep the room on silence for now...
    Synthesis Service in Ruairi

+ Reply to Thread