MABINATION SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD
I've noticed over my stay at MN that there are a ton of one-liner questions but nowhere to put them except in a new thread.
Saw it being done this way on a couple of other forums so might as well give it a go.
1) REFER TO THE WIKI BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION. Chances are most of your small questions are answered already. The Wiki can be found HERE!
2) DO NOT SPAM THIS THREAD. This is not Bean Rua. Hopefully mods will attend to unnecessary, stupid replies.
3) DON'T POST UNLESS YOU ARE ASKING A QUESTION OR ANSWERING ONE!
4) DO NOT BE A JERK OR BE SNIDE OR SARCASTIC! This thread is for all those (dumb?) little questions that don't need their own threads, so don't come in here if you don't want to read them!
5) This is for small/dumb/too-lazy-to-research questions. IE: "What should I rank next? What is AP? How do I make money? What should I feed my ego? What dungeon should I be running? Where do I find this item?" etc. etc. etc.
Last edited by Zatrox; 01-25-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Yay, good idea! First question!
Would a trinity staff be useful for training intermediate spells (mainly thunder)? I wouldn't have to worry about/pay for repair costs and since I'm such a low level, the amount of damage I do is negligible anyways... :/
i suppose you could use trinity for training thunder. since it doesnt use dura when casting spells you should save some money doing it. Although rafting to train thunder would be hard with it.
I think your options are either:
1) Training with staff => Save $$ on repairs
2) Training with a Mana reduction wand => Save $$ on MP
Which one saves more, I'm not sure, don't really know how much dura spells eat, sorry
I make most of my MP potions so... XD
Originally Posted by Zatrox
I Hate This
Another question :D
Do clothe Mana Reduction stack with Mana Reduction enchant. For example if I had 9 points of Mana Reduction on Clothes and then I enchant something like Mana Magician or Fixed would it add up to 10 and then activate?
Does Demi God work on rafting?
Video please 8D
With how much people are buying Trinity staffs for right now, you could sell one and have enough money to pay for repairs on a wand for a good amount of time.
Training thunder/ice spear/fireball with a trinity staff would be a pain in the butt. you'd have to attack with around 15 of that element's basic bolt to get one to five of your intermediate magic. You'll be wanting to attack with your intermediate magic hundreds of times over the course of getting to rank one. you're looking at spending mana on thousands of basic bolt castings. Not only are you spending more mana on the intermediate magic itself (no -mp ugrades, likely no meditation) you're also spending a crapload more on bolt spells. You're also spending more time, as you will be spending at least an extra 22.5 seconds worth of load time of bolts per 1-5 intermediate spells you cast. Again, multiply that over hundreds of intermediate spells you need to cast, and it adds up really fast.
And what do you save? I can continuosly cast thunder for 2 hours straight, with never more than a 3 second pause between casts and use 10-12 dura on my wand. That ends up being about 35-40 casts per dura. 1 dura cots 5k-8k to repair at Berched (the best wand repairer).
Even if you make your own potions and gather all your materials, the maintenance cost of the mp potions is exactly the same as if you had bought them. Learn about opportunity costs, people.
Demigod works on raft. I use it to refill my mana for free whenever I spam raft a lot to cut mana potion costs.
Does anyone know exactly what the charge bonus of Birnam Plate Set does?