Thread: MABINATION SMALL QUESTIONS THREAD

Blood Prince Grifter has defeated the golden spiderling Grifter's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Gage View Post
    Does anyone know exactly what the charge bonus of Birnam Plate Set does?
    +10% Charge damage, I believe

Quote Originally Posted by Wasbewwi View Post
    Does Demi God work on rafting?

Video please 8D
    Yes it does, no video but I've heard many stories about people using Demi to refill their Mana
    Server: Ruairi
    Guild: Vahlse

Poor Edith!
    Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    oh 'sup question thread.

Level 50 Giant [total]. I have r7 WM, otherwise nothing else really special [rE CM, rC crit]. I dual-wield Iron Maces [trying to prof one for ego, the other i'm upgrading for damage]. What dungeons are good for me to run? I'm rather crappy at handling aggro and multiple monsters in a room in general [I realized I can run Ciar Normal, but then I got destroyed by two-type Goblin rooms on the final floor, all the poison ones aggro'd me] and could really use some practice.

Oh yeah, I have 100 base str and 120hp. 8 defense from equips, if that helps. Low-ish balance, but my range is like 30~100.
    Last edited by Claudia; 01-26-2011 at 11:39 AM.

Nyo has disabled reputation
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Mandrake
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Medicine
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Does wand damage affect bolt damage?
    [Ruairi NA] Mandrake the level 2000 herb | Nyon the Japanese Bobtail
    [Tarlach NA] Nyo the level 30 beta tester
    [Triona JP] Stephen the level 60 at age 260 | Nyon the mikeneko
    [Cichol JP] Nyo who is stalking Majikaru

Poor Edith!
    Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyo View Post
    Does wand damage affect bolt damage?
    Do you mean the melee damage?
    Because Magic and bolts is only INT + Skills/Masteries, I think.

The Elf of Light Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna has slain a prairie dragon Yuuki Asuna's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryosite View Post
    With how much people are buying Trinity staffs for right now, you could sell one and have enough money to pay for repairs on a wand for a good amount of time.

Training thunder/ice spear/fireball with a trinity staff would be a pain in the butt. you'd have to attack with around 15 of that element's basic bolt to get one to five of your intermediate magic. You'll be wanting to attack with your intermediate magic hundreds of times over the course of getting to rank one. you're looking at spending mana on thousands of basic bolt castings. Not only are you spending more mana on the intermediate magic itself (no -mp ugrades, likely no meditation) you're also spending a crapload more on bolt spells. You're also spending more time, as you will be spending at least an extra 22.5 seconds worth of load time of bolts per 1-5 intermediate spells you cast. Again, multiply that over hundreds of intermediate spells you need to cast, and it adds up really fast.

And what do you save? I can continuosly cast thunder for 2 hours straight, with never more than a 3 second pause between casts and use 10-12 dura on my wand. That ends up being about 35-40 casts per dura. 1 dura cots 5k-8k to repair at Berched (the best wand repairer).

Even if you make your own potions and gather all your materials, the maintenance cost of the mp potions is exactly the same as if you had bought them. Learn about opportunity costs, people.

Demigod works on raft. I use it to refill my mana for free whenever I spam raft a lot to cut mana potion costs.
    Decisions made with opportunity costs in mind are made with the assumption that the next best choice is known. Anyways, I didn't know that was how the trinity staff worked so that option is shot and using a thunder wand is the way to go.

the Player Killer pkMaster the succubus slayer pkMaster's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    pkmaster
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Tempest
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    pkMaster
    Type
    Lann
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by chaolin View Post
    Would a trinity staff be useful for training intermediate spells (mainly thunder)? I wouldn't have to worry about/pay for repair costs and since I'm such a low level, the amount of damage I do is negligible anyways... :/
    From what I've seen having played around with the trinity staff and seeing my sister use it, it's very nice for training adv magic skills when your fighting large mobs of enemies. If you have any CP gear, this and the trinity staff are a very good combo for training those skills since you can grind off of mongooses near Quilla or hedgehogs near Fillia and just go to the mana tunnel every so often to refill your mana. It's not the most efficient or the most fun way of training int magic skills, but it is very cheap and it also helps train your bolt spells and magic masteries if they aren't already maxed out.

Quote Originally Posted by Claudia View Post
    oh 'sup question thread.

Level 50 Giant [total]. I have r7 WM, otherwise nothing else really special [rE CM, rC crit]. I dual-wield Iron Maces [trying to prof one for ego, the other i'm upgrading for damage]. What dungeons are good for me to run? I'm rather crappy at handling aggro and multiple monsters in a room in general [I realized I can run Ciar Normal, but then I got destroyed by two-type Goblin rooms on the final floor, all the poison ones aggro'd me] and could really use some practice.

Oh yeah, I have 100 base str and 120hp. 8 defense from equips, if that helps. Low-ish balance, but my range is like 30~100.
    If your having trouble with Ciar normal, then you could try running ciar beginner a few times until you get a feel for the combat system. Ciar normal really isn't that hard, you just need to know how to handle the enemy in most situations. You could also try running shadow missions like crag cow/shadow warrior if you like to run solo or shadow wiz if you like big party brawls (it's also easier since some high level players sometimes join the party randomly and make it a lot easier). If you don't mind grinding on zombies all day, then theres a shadow mission in tara called their method which allows you to level grind with minimal risk and will most likely help you train windmill in the process. There is a g13 mission in avon which lets you grind severly weakened ghost cloakers and they each give pretty decent experience per kill, but using it effectively requires you to exit the mission before finishing it and your opportunity cost is losing 8 squares of inventory and you lose access to the persona skills until you decide to complete that mission, so that may not work for you.
    Last edited by pkMaster; 01-26-2011 at 02:21 PM.

Come Join the Tempest Guild. We have some fresh cookies

Poor Edith!
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by pkMaster View Post
    If your having trouble with Ciar normal, then you could try running ciar beginner a few times until you get a feel for the combat system. Ciar normal really isn't that hard, you just need to know how to handle the enemy in most situations. You could also try running shadow missions like crag cow/shadow warrior if you like to run solo or shadow wiz if you like big party brawls (it's also easier since some high level players sometimes join the party randomly and make it a lot easier). If you don't mind grinding on zombies all day, then theres a shadow mission in tara called their method which allows you to level grind with minimal risk and will most likely help you train windmill in the process. There is a g13 mission in avon which lets you grind severly weakened ghost cloakers and they each give pretty decent experience per kill, but using it effectively requires you to exit the mission before finishing it and your opportunity cost is losing 8 squares of inventory and you lose access to the persona skills until you decide to complete that mission, so that may not work for you.
    Hm, okay. I really do need to get a move on with G9, so I can do Their Method. ;_;
    Ciar Beginner is good, just a little easy/boring...all the monsters are either weak or at my level now, and I only need Strong/Awful/Boss kills. Although, maybe i'll get to kill the Golem with one hit soon. ^.^

the Player Killer pkMaster the succubus slayer pkMaster's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    pkmaster
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Tempest
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    pkMaster
    Type
    Lann
    Gold
    Their Method is a normal Tara mission, you don't need to complete any of the generation quests to gain access to it. You just get the quest from the quest board near the stonehedge entrance.

Come Join the Tempest Guild. We have some fresh cookies

HOLY COW! Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Phunkie's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Phunkie
    Total Level
    26xx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Cionaodh
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Good idea for a thread! Hopefully it isn't overshadowed by the rest of this sub-forum.

I guess I'll give it a sticky.

Also, what determines the balance of Alchemy skills? Or does the balance range from 0% - 100%?

Poor Edith!
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by pkMaster View Post
    Their Method is a normal Tara mission, you don't need to complete any of the generation quests to gain access to it. You just get the quest from the quest board near the stonehedge entrance.
    Oh. Hehe.
    I checked out the Shadow Mission Guide on here, and it said Defeat the Shadow Warrior was the easiest one. I tried it out, it took me ~10 minutes [lagging like hell], and it was also ridiculously easy.

And gave a lot of experience. :')

+ Reply to Thread