Character
    Lifrasir
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    If you're just starting out, doing Refining and Windmill is a pretty tedious task. EVERYONE tells you to rank them, too. Newbies tend to stay away from stuff like that, so I guess this is their way of trying to increase the population.

It's a bit of a turn off when one of the first skills you should do requires a lot of grinding.

Mabinogi [NA - Alexina]
    Cuchulainn
    Septette | Grandmaster Fighter | Human
    OH HELL NO

Frozen Yogurt
    Most helpful member of the year
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I have the same viewpoint as when they released free premium looks for the first basic card.
    It's going to benefit everyone in the long run. Not only the new players, but the existing players who might at any time decide to play a new character.

Life skills from the beginning were a mistake. So was windmill. Put off too many beginners to want to play the game the proper way, but do not have enough time. So is proffing. Proffing just became 5 times easier. There's now practically no need to use an age 25+ character to proff your sword/wand/bow/cylinder/shield for hours with a bot or auto-attacking.

The difficulty actually made bot companies very profitable. They have plenty of business from lazy people or people with limited time to train/level up characters and their skills and prof equipment for them. Can you imagine people paying like US$100 to someone just to train up windmill to Rank 1 for them? That is enough to show that this game was very promising, yet was going in the wrong direction from the start.

If anything, Nexon should be thinking of ways to earn that revenue instead of letting all the money go to these bot companies. I think that it's only fair that they should treat their players well and also make their 2x skill exp potions and self action-taking more attractive than outsourcing to a bot company.

With more changes like this, it will be easier for me to recommend Mabinogi to people to play. Right now it's still too much hell to allow new people to know this game. I'm particularly looking forward to G14 farm system, which will definitely attract new people in. But they need the right conditions to make these people stay on. Easier skill training that makes more sense will work out better for everyone in the long run. The old system was hell and mind-bogging, and what we need is change for the better.
    Last edited by Yogurticecream; 02-19-2011 at 02:07 PM.
    Current mood:
    Year 2017: Returned after a 3 year hiatus from Mabinogi.
    CN Mabi [Main Server] Server: Eavan ~ Human ~ KR Test server too, sometimes

Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami the strong Okami's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Okami
    Total Level
    XXXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Valariea
    Type
    Vella
    Level
    XX
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Refine isn't even hard to rank ._.

Steam!

Frozen Yogurt
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Okami View Post
    Refine isn't even hard to rank ._.
    It was for me.
    I didn't buy ores. Didn't know about metallurgy. Took about 5 weeks.
    Someone who knows about metallurgy could take like 2-3 weeks.

Anyone with high dex or high production mastery level will take much much longer.
    Current mood:

starpaw7 has disabled reputation starpaw7's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Starpaw7
    Total Level
    SUPER
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Oddblock
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    The only complaint I have about making things easier is changing Generation 1

Now it's too easy to complete

Signature

Mabination User sakraycore the ogre slayer sakraycore's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    FatedHour
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Gold
    They need to make weaving and handicraft easier imo
    Guide to optimizing your performance in Vindictus: http://mabination.com/threads/16875-...e-in-Vindictus
    2:53 Hidden hard solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmQkCFeL2o

Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Adriele
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Odious
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Klaius View Post
    If you're just starting out, doing Refining and Windmill is a pretty tedious task. EVERYONE tells you to rank them, too. Newbies tend to stay away from stuff like that, so I guess this is their way of trying to increase the population.

It's a bit of a turn off when one of the first skills you should do requires a lot of grinding.
    this. come on, you guys are whiners whining about it being made easier. refining and windmill are practically required for a serious character, why make them balls hard to train?

Quote Originally Posted by sakraycore View Post
    They need to make weaving and handicraft easier imo
    compared to smith, tailor is extremely easy and really doesn't need to get easier. if anything, smith needs to be brought down to tailoring's level of easiness.

edit; god dammit that totally said tailoring before. WHY DO YOU MESS WITH MY NEWLY-AWAKENED BRAIN LIKE THIS D:
    Last edited by Cide; 02-19-2011 at 02:15 PM.

Homicide of Elegant || 50xx || Alexina ~ retired
    Adriele of Odious || 15xx || Ruairi

Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cide View Post
    this. come on, you guys are whiners whining about it being made easier. refining and windmill are practically required for a serious character, why make them balls hard to train?

compared to smith, tailor is extremely easy and really doesn't need to get easier. if anything, smith needs to be brought down to tailoring's level of easiness.

edit; god dammit that totally said tailoring before. WHY DO YOU MESS WITH MY NEWLY-AWAKENED BRAIN LIKE THIS D:
    I feel like for something to have high reward, such as WM or Refine, it should be pretty hard to train.

Mabination User sakraycore the ogre slayer sakraycore's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    FatedHour
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by starpaw7 View Post
    The only complaint I have about making things easier is changing Generation 1

Now it's too easy to complete
    How did they change G1?
    Guide to optimizing your performance in Vindictus: http://mabination.com/threads/16875-...e-in-Vindictus
    2:53 Hidden hard solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmQkCFeL2o

Frozen Yogurt
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I just want to say that for people who were complaining about how it makes your previous effort go to waste, you still have the bragging rights that you completed a skill when it was much much more difficult if you ever meet some new person who complains that the skill is difficult. It should be very satisfying for you.

Windmill is still quite tough up to R5. It's only R5-R1 that was true hell. It deserves to be easier to train. It's very rewarding, but it's also an entry-level skill.

My wish list is for blacksmithing to be easier of course. I don't want to waste 3-5 years of my life on a skill with low payoffs. Fantasy life to me is to be able to do anything I want as long as I can put my mind to it, but 3 years and a huge sum of gold needed for training is really too much for most people.
    Last edited by Yogurticecream; 02-19-2011 at 02:23 PM.
    Current mood:

+ Reply to Thread