+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Refining Becomes Easier!?

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by sakraycore View Post
    How did they change G1?
    Snowman part is the main thing that sticks out in my head.

Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurticecream View Post
    I just want to say that for people who were complaining about how it makes your previous effort go to waste, you still have the bragging rights that you completed a skill when it was much much more difficult if you ever meet some new person who complains that the skill is difficult. It should be very satisfying for you.
    Well, I just raeg'd for the pleasure of raeg, so I'm done 8D

Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Adriele
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Odious
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    I feel like for something to have high reward, such as WM or Refine, it should be pretty hard to train.
    you shouldn't have to spend weeks/months training your prerequisite skills, really. like yogurt said, it's better for everyone in the end. i really think you guys are just sore because you did the 'hard' version of refining and wish you could have had an easy version too :I i felt like that with weaving, because i believe they're altering the requirements for that too, but i got over it. if anyone has a right to be angry, it's rank 1 smiths, not refiners. iirc they're adjusting smith reqs, too, and smith is/was 10000x worse than refining.

Homicide of Elegant || 50xx || Alexina ~ retired
    Adriele of Odious || 15xx || Ruairi

Passerby Boy
    Best Mabinogi guide of the year
    Kyouriharu has saved the goddess Kyouriharu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kyouharu
    Total Level
    5000+
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Nostalgia
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Dunno. I bought my way through Refine back then. Similar how I bought my way through Weaving.
    lLearnl lLivel lLovel lLookl

starpaw7 has disabled reputation starpaw7's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Starpaw7
    Total Level
    SUPER
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Oddblock
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by sakraycore View Post
    How did they change G1?
    Most of it

Snowman is now shown, Ciar Basic Pass is not needed, and others that make it too easy

Signature

Frozen Yogurt
    Most helpful member of the year
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cide View Post
    you shouldn't have to spend weeks/months training your prerequisite skills, really. like yogurt said, it's better for everyone in the end. i really think you guys are just sore because you did the 'hard' version of refining and wish you could have had an easy version too :I i felt like that with weaving, because i believe they're altering the requirements for that too, but i got over it. if anyone has a right to be angry, it's rank 1 smiths, not refiners. iirc they're adjusting smith reqs, too, and smith is/was 10000x worse than refining.
    My general observation is that many aspiring smiths are too ambitious or too greedy to rush through the skill. Many are simply blinded by greed and did not do proper calculations and comparisons before going into the skills. They just think only of PAY and PAYING MORE to rank the skill, instead of considering other alternatives.

Of late, I've noticed a couple of smithers who quit or sold their accounts over here. I think it might be related to the new changes in skill training.

Now, the reason why I don't really care so much about simplified skill training was because unlike many of the people that I know on my server, I do not overly rely on paying my way through skills. I try to find means of training up the skill and stocking up my own materials instead of just buying all the materials from other players. I only buy as a last resort, but the decision always comes with some risks.

Refine was 90% from pure effort. Weaving was 100%, never buying materials from other players. Every single item I made, I stocked up and never sold to other players. I still have all the cheap/common/fine/finest silks and fabrics in my storage accounts.

Enchant training was partly supported by spamming Alby, getting book pages from dungeoning and also fishing. The fishing part was really memorable because I made a couple of fishing mules to complete the task. It's true that I might have spent a lot more time and a lot more money compared to people training the skill up now. Yet it is not necessarily true because book pages and enchant scrolls prices have inflated to x2 of the original amount just because a lot of people are rushing to rank them. No matter what my efforts were well-worth it though, seeing how much I have learnt from enchanting and also gained from enchanting (my -CP equipment for example).

As for blacksmithing, all I can say is that preparation to me is very satisfying at the end. I'm finally at Rank 9 which is a tough rank on foreign servers since we don't have the Rank B and Rank A bug on finishes.
    Last edited by Yogurticecream; 02-19-2011 at 02:42 PM.
    Current mood:
    Year 2017: Returned after a 3 year hiatus from Mabinogi.
    CN Mabi [Main Server] Server: Eavan ~ Human ~ KR Test server too, sometimes

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE! Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Meikeru
    Total Level
    6xx
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Ex-Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Meikeru
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogurticecream View Post
    It was for me.
    I didn't buy ores. Didn't know about metallurgy. Took about 5 weeks.
    Someone who knows about metallurgy could take like 2-3 weeks.

Anyone with high dex or high production mastery level will take much much longer.
    2-3 weeks is quite a monstrosity.
    "LOOK AT WHAT I STOLE!"

Grandmaster Defenestrator Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture the skillful Fracture's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Fracture
    Total Level
    24XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Descar
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Crime Sorciere
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    I know, it's what I'm waiting on to FINALLY finish refining so I can move on to other dex skills.
    <C1> Glas: [x27] | Tabhartas + Esras: [x4] | Cromm Cruiach: [x11] <C1>
    <C2> Crumena: [x11] <C2>
    <C3> Claimh Solas: [x45] | Doppleganger: [x18] | Uroboros: [x19] | Nuadha: [x2] <C3>
    <C4> Grim Reaper: [x4] | Bran: [x5] |Lugh: [x0] | Elizabeth: [x2] <C4>

Manliest Man of Mabination

Master Archer ~~ Wise Blacksmith

Nake Snake Cobra Cobbra Medusa the dragon knight Medusa the dragon knight Medusa the dragon knight Medusa the dragon knight Medusa's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Baie
    Total Level
    7xx
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Delicatessen
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Delicious
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    to everyone who says 'refine isn't even that hard':
    maybe it wasn't hard for you, but for a fresh player hearing everyone say 'R1 REFINE OR GTFO', it can be a daunting challenge.

i think skills like windmill, refine, tailoring and smithing could stand to be brought down a scosche.
    i'm not saying that everyone should be easy mode, and i'm hoping they don't bring it down too much, but instead, make more options to fit your time and playstyle.
    i, personally, think metallurgy was a great addition because it gave you a different way to go about doing things. i think that's what they need to be implementing instead of less skill requirements; more ways to complete the skill requirements.

cynically delicious. Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cynic's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Cynndy
    Total Level
    23xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Honestly, those who complain about it being changed and made easier.. wouldn't YOU have wanted it easier if you could and were starting all over again? Of course.
    Be nice to the poor newbies and let them have it. -rolls eyes- It's kind of selfish to be against it just because YOU don't get to use it to your advantage.

+ Reply to Thread