Remove this ad by logging in
Asking for purchase advice on Crystal Deer.
I'm on the fence if I should buy a Crystal Deer for my main account and I want you guys' advice if I should get one or not. Here're some notes to consider about my situation:
- I already have one for my mule account, so I know how well it does in non-combat. It is quite possibly the best mount a mule can have currently. Its uses in battle are what I'm worrying about.
- I do plan on getting both dragons when they come out so its storm ability won't be unique to my roster, however its ice element version would be, but is an ice element storm move for pet revolver and the like really that valuable?
- I already have a shire, an antique mimic (If they count. lol), a pelican, a griffin, and both tigers so I am in no shortage of mounts. The only thing Crystal Deer will benefit for me is its land speed.
- How is the Crystal Deer in melee combat? I haven't really bothered with much on magic for my pets in combat; the most they do is heal me though their AI likes to thow in an occasional lightningbolt stun. I'm asking this because from the looks of it, the Crystal Deer seems to be more magic-oriented than melee at least in its base stats, though skill levels seem to indicate melee.
- On hide, no complaints here. Even my elf might find use for it if the pet gets aggroed. (And if you're wondering about giant, I play all 3 of my characters of each race almost equally in terms of activity, usually depending on what I want to do.)
tl;dr Is it really worth 15k for a Crystal Deer when the only benefits I'll get in the long run are its land speed, hide ability, and maybe ice storm?
Mabinogi - NA Ruairi
Candyrock (Human) / Candypure (Elf) / Candysoul (Giant)
Vindictus - NA East
Candyrock (Lann) / Roukuke (Fiona) / Candypure (Evie) / Candyrap (Karok) / Candypunk (Kai) / Candymeteo (Vella)
These ads help pay for mabination, get rid of them by donating
Thunder stun is superior compared to fire/ice stun.
Though any elemental stun move is good as pet revolver tactics.
Hide is not too valuable, since the owner has to be on the mount to activate it.
It's not a combat type pet, but should be ok for pet tactics. It seems to attack faster than dragons.
Get one if you like it very much. It's limited edition. I think the speed is awesome enough to get at least one if you can afford it and the dragons.
Playing on the KR Test
CN Mabi [Playing on break]
Server: Eavan (Formerly Price) ~ Human ~
If you have money to spend, get it. If you don't get one, you might regret it once the opportunity passes.
Anyway, it's good for land speed, especially with boost, which is very useful. Also, it's shiny and it looks cool.
Inventory space too.<3 Laa~
But yeah, I love it. It has a nice little stun when summoned, which is nice for getting rid of annoying rat rooms in dungeons. It's extremely fast, can fly and run, which is great. The inv, of course, and then there's the hide for lawls but again it's not very important. It comes with a free item that may be worth more in the far future just like Panda Ears. Plus it just looks lovely, and I just adore it. It's limited too, and nice to show off xD
Yes It's like the best pet.
Released in NA thus far.
Originally Posted by Wing
I think you should get one, tbh. They're the fastest mount on land yet, can fly and have the inventory of an actual character.
And they're beautiful. :)
The ice storm skill is also helpful at times.
Originally Posted by Wing
I don't think it's much of a combat type pet, since the Thoroughbred still beats it in terms of damage. The advantage you'd be getting it probably the land speed, and the ability to use Rush, faster than an Ostrich originally...
They are somehwat like those tigers, except the fact you'd have to run and hit the switch while mounting it again, using hide. Dort of like elven hide tactic, but on a mount. Since you're only able to walk with hide on the pet, it's not much use, really, unless you wanna get out of sticky multi aggro sitautions. The benefit to this is that if you're initially an elf yourself, you can hide with it using it's own Hide skill, so you don't have to wait for the combat cooldown for your own Hide action.
They're pretty decent due to the color selectables of all parts of the rainbow practically, and they alos come with a Reindeer Headband that matches it, the color you choose of the Reindeer itself, if you were planning to colelct things or, perhaps sell it after they are out of the Premium Shop. The fast land mounting is really nice, compared to the Thoroughbred that can't use Rush.
The Ice Storm is pretty useful if you're getting multi aggroed and playing dead or something, or purely missed an arrow and was going to die. So just summoning it is even helpful, since it does stun the enemy in case you have a combat screw-up sometime and need a bit of time to get back onto track. It also attacks very fast in melee, but it's not so good in terms of melee damage, though.
It's pretty useful to me, and worth it, since they give you a upper edge in combat at times, and you don't have to wait for the cooldown as an elf Hide, plus the speed on land and a flying mount speed is pretty decent to be worth 15k.
When's the best time to level it?
I'm assuming age 1 for magic, age 2 for well-rounded?
Tags for this Thread