Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Attack Speed Formula

Can someone explain to me how the the attack speed stat works. I have a maxed fairly maxed out hybrid evie. Before the recent patch with my +5 scyth i believe my attack speed was rated at 3. Now with all the improvements available its possible to get much higher attack speeds. Currently I have a +8 Prideful Oblivion Ivory Scythe which puts my base speed at 12. This is 4 times higher than before, however, obviously not swinging the thing 4 times faster! Is there a formula for this stat so i can decide how much to invest in attack speed v.s. other bonuses for my future gear. In most games i have played, interval of attack is king. More attacks = more damage. How does it work in Vindictus.

Mabination User xJac was almost killed by a brown fox xJac's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quite simple actually.
    1 attack speed = 1% increase (or 1% decrease in attack animation).

having 12 attack speed on your character menu, means you attack 12% faster than someone with 0 attack speed.

Mabination User placeboing was almost killed by a brown fox
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Gold
    That's what I thought it was. Are you positive though, xJac? The reason I wonder is, I have 9 attack speed, but I can't really say that I notice myself being 9% faster. However, Insane Reaper gives a 10% increase, and when I activate it, its an ENORMOUS difference (to me).
    I just feel like if I really had a 9% faster base increase, I'd notice it more. But that's probably just because its always active, so now it feels normal to me.

Mabination User Maruja has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Thanks for your info. This makes sense, i even tested it on an old scythe with no refine. Compared to the new one + insane reaper i do notice a significant increase in speed. It's most noticeable at the end on the attack during the smash. Over a period on time during refining and enchanting i got used to the new speed and just needed to make a comparison.

Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I tested on slashing high, maxed. about 1/4 increase in speed. Not sure about insane reaper.... going have to test it on a Evie.

Mabination User foreignreign the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by xJac View Post
    Quite simple actually.
    1 attack speed = 1% increase (or 1% decrease in attack animation).

having 12 attack speed on your character menu, means you attack 12% faster than someone with 0 attack speed.
    I don't think this is entirely correct.

Insane Reaper r6 "increases attack speed by 10%." However, instead of going from "0 ATT SPD" to "10 ATT SPD" my Evie goes from 0 to 20. When I equip my +8 Ivory, I go from 9 to 30 with Reaper.

But that could just be because of Nexon's ambiguous use of words in skill descriptions.

Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by foreignreign View Post
    I don't think this is entirely correct.

Insane Reaper r6 "increases attack speed by 10%." However, instead of going from "0 ATT SPD" to "10 ATT SPD" my Evie goes from 0 to 20. When I equip my +8 Ivory, I go from 9 to 30 with Reaper.

But that could just be because of Nexon's ambiguous use of words in skill descriptions.
    So according to this, every 1 point of attack speed is basically a 0.5% increase over the base speed. To me, that seems closer to the sort of speeds I've been seeing. I actually never thought to look at the character stat screen with reaper enabled, haha

Mabination User foreignreign the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    It's even more interesting to look at your character stat screen when you're under the "Heavy" status, or anything that lowers attack speed. Like the giant hemdrills that appear before Zyarga in Forest Ruins.

Those things put you down to like, -60 or something attack speed.

Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by placeboing View Post
    So according to this, every 1 point of attack speed is basically a 0.5% increase over the base speed. To me, that seems closer to the sort of speeds I've been seeing. I actually never thought to look at the character stat screen with reaper enabled, haha

Edit: Actually, you're right. I confused the two, and slashing high only has 12 % attack speed.

So 2 attack speed does convert to 1% increase in general.

Edit 2: I tested on boat with sp pot, using LLLLR recording, and going frame by frame. After activating Slashing, was able to get about 10% shorter time to finished a complete LLLLR. So yes, 1 Attack speed = 0.5% decrease in over time roughly.
    Last edited by xJac; 03-09-2011 at 01:12 AM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Gold
    I just tested Insane Reaper frame by frame to be sure it actually gives a 10% increase, just to be sure (since it shows 20 attack speed, some people thought that means the tooltip is wrong, thinking that it actually gives a 20% increase).

Recorded locked at 50 FPS. Ran test 3 times with reaper on, 3 with it off.
    LLLLR combo without Insane Reaper took: 181 / 183 / 183 frames.
    With Insane Reaper on took: 164 / 165 / 165 frames.

(183-165) / 183 = .098, or basically 10%.

So, IR is definitely a 10% increase, but it shows 20 Attack Speed, meaning that its definitely a 0.5% increase per point.

Later on I'll do the test with my +8 weapon showing that its 9 Attack Speed gives a 4.5% increase, and I'll re-do the Reaper test, and post it to forum. But its boring and annoying and I don't feel like doing that now... haha
    Last edited by placeboing; 03-09-2011 at 10:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread