+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why is [x] so hard to rank?

The Assassin Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm the shadow hero Yanm's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Carpentry
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zomfshark1 View Post
    You're on crack. End of story. :l
    Never! But yeah, thick threads were MUCH more of a pain to get. I could only hold 5 wool pouches, and I normally only got the finest/fine fabrics every 2-3 trips. Then, those sheep had to run out of wool as well, whereas spiders never run out of cobwebs. Plus, I can go afk easily and do other stuff while I wait for the cobwebs to stack up like crazy. I stand by my opinion that rA>r8 simply because of the effort you have too do to get all the thick threads >_>.

You fools would dare to challenge the king of light and darkness? So you choose to do and so you shall feel my wrath!

Goals: r1 Carp (x), r1 Shock (x), r1 Meteor (r3), r1 Bullet Storm (x), Learn Crisis Escape (), Learn Elemental Wave (), r1 smithing (rf), r1 Enchant (rB), Master Gunner (Champ), Master Adventurer (Wise)

Mabination User Lustday was almost killed by a brown fox
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Lustday
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Cooking
    Guild
    Intensify
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Off-Topic: This thread make me miss Advance Play... High Speed Gathering Potion but anyway...

The skill Refine also prove that Mabinogi calculation is wack. Ex: 20x@40% and no failure. Yeah, you get the point. :D

Mabination User Keysersoze has just left the soul stream Keysersoze's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Orag
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    none - and looking
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    i must fail!!! to pass! gotta love refining well not really tis what im doing atm such a drag ugh but everyone tells me its the 1st life skill i should do

i left it as long as i could got c.m up to rank A and crit rank B lol havnt done anything else cept up healing to ranks woot eh

Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos''s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Got2ofthem
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Relic
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Refine got easier, simply because the mat price drop drastically compare to pre-G12

back then, frags were around 1k copper, 3k~4k iron, 6k~8k sliver, 4k~5k gold and mythril...

now

its like 800g copper, 1k~2k iron, 2k~3k silver, 1k gold and mythril

if ur funded (with G13 and their money making drops) most new players will find refine A LOT easier compare to what other experience player had to suffer through.

Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Dracius
    Total Level
    1xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Shock
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Draciusena
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Guild
    <Ancient>
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaosruler View Post
    Refine got easier, simply because the mat price drop drastically compare to pre-G12

back then, frags were around 1k copper, 3k~4k iron, 6k~8k sliver, 4k~5k gold and mythril...

now

its like 800g copper, 1k~2k iron, 2k~3k silver, 1k gold and mythril

if ur funded (with G13 and their money making drops) most new players will find refine A LOT easier compare to what other experience player had to suffer through.
    Nobody sells [low-level] ores.

I walk through Mari channel 4 in Dunbarton, all I see are Gold ores and Diamonds.

Like I need that ****
    ~

The Bloody Eskimo truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Valeria
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Guild
    Witchcraft
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post

I walk through Mari channel 4 in Dunbarton, all I see are Gold ores and Diamonds.

Like I need that ****
    That's not true. What's happening is that if you ever walk through Dunbarton and see nothing but the higher-up ores, someone else who has been training blacksmithing or refining has probably scooped up everything available. Just means you should come back later.
    Mastered:
    CM|WMil|Smash|LD|Shock|WC|FBurst|CC|Transmute|RC
    Frag|AS|LigM|IM|FM|MM|Crit|Blaze|WMak|SM|LanM|FH
    LCharge|ComM|GS|ChS|FF|Pum|Def|SU|SK|DrK|KnM
    ChM|Heal|FBolt|Th|MG|Lull|MWM

r1:
    Refine|AM|PM|Weave|SG|CA|
    Synth|FBall|IB|LB|IS|MK|Comp|Fish|MCon|Mtlgy
    PI|PHeal|HS|Mine|HB|FBlast|Handi|ShM|Herb|Carp
    ShS|EG|PotM|S:PL|Ench|FsBolt|MeS|HAM|GCM|Harv
    Hoe|AR|CrS|RA|XbowM|BM|MgS|SptS|BO|EM|Viv
    HrvS|MarS|Disc

✖✖ The King Ailyene the golem slayer Ailyene's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Lillin
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Noxaelius
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Guild
    Starfire Fate
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by truefire View Post
    That's not true. What's happening is that if you ever walk through Dunbarton and see nothing but the higher-up ores, someone else who has been training blacksmithing or refining has probably scooped up everything available. Just means you should come back later.
    Yeah, they usually restock pretty fast. Refining was...well, a bit of a money-eater for me since I bought my ores, but otherwise it was alright.

I'm so glad I gave up range. Means I don't have to rank weaving anymore. I have 270 base dex too, so I don't need weaving for balance. On the other hand...-is currently ranking carpentry- =_=

{ Art&Signature by me. ♥ }

Rank 1
    Lance Counter {r3} | Lance Charge {r1} | Pierrot Marionette {r1} | Carpentry {r4} |

Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos' is a friend of Nora Chaos''s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Got2ofthem
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Relic
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracius View Post

Like I need that ****
    This only in alexian sever .-.
    but u got a point. sometimes their're selling only gems, other time their're selling only ores. Then there those times there ur looking for that one type of frag but there isnt anyone selling >.>

it just shows that people are actively buying, and ur just unlucky to show up right when everything was bought out

(ㅇㅅㅇ) Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Well, I suppose if you have a lot of money in the game, it's basically the luck that you can practically buy everything despite the people that are selling at ridiculous prices.

Carpentry can easily be cut short by buying certain woods to make other woods.

Weaving requires not much effort if you spam Walter's Part Time Jobs and buy certain materials that are really tedious to get, such as Wools.

Refine is pretty easy if you either get Metallurgy to Rank 5 at the minumum to gather 3 ores at once, or buying all the ores from central Ch1 Dunbarton. Either way, you'd still be either buying certain things, or spending things to rank up skills.

Things such as Tailoring and Blacksmithing are simply a quick buying of most of the materials, or rafting for the Iron ingots or so, and still using money to repair everything anyhow.

Kind of shows how easy it is to rank things as long as you have the money to do so, which is sort of just like the buying Nx for advantages.

Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Dracius
    Total Level
    1xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Shock
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Draciusena
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Guild
    <Ancient>
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryoko View Post
    Well, I suppose if you have a lot of money in the game, it's basically the luck that you can practically buy everything despite the people that are selling at ridiculous prices.

Carpentry can easily be cut short by buying certain woods to make other woods.

Weaving requires not much effort if you spam Walter's Part Time Jobs and buy certain materials that are really tedious to get, such as Wools.

Refine is pretty easy if you either get Metallurgy to Rank 5 at the minumum to gather 3 ores at once, or buying all the ores from central Ch1 Dunbarton. Either way, you'd still be either buying certain things, or spending things to rank up skills.

Things such as Tailoring and Blacksmithing are simply a quick buying of most of the materials, or rafting for the Iron ingots or so, and still using money to repair everything anyhow.

Kind of shows how easy it is to rank things as long as you have the money to do so, which is sort of just like the buying Nx for advantages.
    Mabinogi seems a lot like real life if you look at it this way.
    ~

+ Reply to Thread