+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Ishihara Bans Hanami

Denko~ (´・ω・`) Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Ishihara Bans Hanami

Quote Originally Posted by Ishihara
    “This isn’t the time to be drinking and having fun as the sakura blooms!

It’s not the time for hanami. We should share the pain of our fellow countrymen out of solidarity.

During the Second World War, everyone held themselves in check and bore the hardships.

We may have lost the war, but the solidarity of the Japanese of that era was truly beautiful.”
    What a dick bag.

What is Japan without Hanami? Would the victims want you to give up a national tradition to mourn about the losses?

I mean, its understandable to say "instead of Hanami, why don't everyone go help out at the effected areas?" but no. Its just "don't have fun by yourself!"

It also almost sounds as if Ishihara is bitter about Japan losing in WW2. Doesn't seem to understand that mass genocide was wrong. The Germans seem to have taken the lesson to heart, why doesn't Ishihara?

Screw that. If I had the money to do so, I would personally fly over to Japan, sit under a cherry blossom in front of Ishihara's face, and have a bottle of sake.

He wants Japan to return to a totalitarian fascist era. Its pretty obvious considered how much he hates all things "new", wants to control what you see on the internet, and bans just about anything he doesn't like.

Hypocrite Statement Counter: OVER NINETHOUSAND

How many times has this guy contradicted himself? Wasn't he the one who said "The earthquake is divine retribution against the Japanese for being corrupt"? I swear they shouldn't let people over the age of 60 vote, since that seems to be the majority of the population in Japan and they all happen to be conservative sore losers from the WW2 era.

"Ishihara wants to bring Japan back to the former glory of the imperial fascist rule? VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE VOTE"

While all the otakus who keep whining about how terrible this guy is won't actually vote against him because that would entail leaving the ****ing house.
    Last edited by Cucurbita; 03-30-2011 at 12:37 PM.

Never Again. Ever. I mean it.

<span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Ailios
    Total Level
    20xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Scamall
    Level
    4x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    What a dick bag.

What is Japan without Hanami? Would the victims want you to give up a national tradition to mourn about the losses?

I mean, its understandable to say "instead of Hanami, why don't everyone go help out at the effected areas?" but no. Its just "don't have fun by yourself!"

It also almost sounds as if Ishihara is bitter about Japan losing in WW2. Doesn't seem to understand that mass genocide was wrong. The Germans seem to have taken the lesson to heart, why doesn't Ishihara?

Screw that. If I had the money to do so, I would personally fly over to Japan, sit under a cherry blossom in front of Ishihara's face, and have a bottle of sake.
    It is kinda understandable, though he really shouldn't force others to not celebrate it. It would be no different than if 9/11 happened a month before Labor Day. Would a majority of people not partake in their day off to celebrate the end of summer to make sure that worker Unions don't go out on massive strikes those that work for a living to mourn for those that died in the attacks? I'm sure a good number would, but no one is going to force others that want to take the day off to do something, albeit with dirty looks.

As for the bolded, I'm sure that he doesn't care if you, or any other tourist comes to Japan to celebrate Hanami, even though from looking at past actions and views by him he wants Japan to become isolated again, since you are bringing money into Japan by buying the sake there, probably getting a taxi to take you somewhere since you probably don't know your way around Tokyo, lodgings since I doubt you'll be there for an afternoon just to spite Ishihara, plus you'll probably pick up some souvenirs as well, so you'll be putting quite a bit of money into the economy. Sure, not enough to jump start it, but any business is better than no business.

But then again, I really wouldn't be surprised if while everyone that he's banned from celebrating the blooming of the sakura, he's out somewhere that has a great view, and enjoys it all to himself while everyone else suffers.
    Click the spoiler, for you shall agree.
     Well known fact

Denko~ (´・ω・`) Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsik View Post
    As for the bolded, I'm sure that he doesn't care if you, or any other tourist comes to Japan to celebrate Hanami, even though from looking at past actions and views by him he wants Japan to become isolated again, since you are bringing money into Japan by buying the sake there, probably getting a taxi to take you somewhere since you probably don't know your way around Tokyo, lodgings since I doubt you'll be there for an afternoon just to spite Ishihara, plus you'll probably pick up some souvenirs as well, so you'll be putting quite a bit of money into the economy. Sure, not enough to jump start it, but any business is better than no business.
    He would hate it. He HATES HATES HATES foreigners and has a policy that tries to shut down tourism.

I would love to fly over just to spite him.

Seriously, everyone kinda sucks nowadays. We haven't had someone awesome in power since... Queen Rania or something.

Modding Expert Okitaru the aspiring sailor Okitaru the aspiring sailor Okitaru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Chuugoku
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Recettear
    Gold
    Otaku leave their house, NEETs don't.
    Let's face facts that Ishihara is an evil idiot and we should all kayak to Japan to spite him.

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE! Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Meikeru
    Total Level
    6xx
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Ex-Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Meikeru
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    --My thought process--
    "Ishihara Bans Hanami"
    Ishihara... that crazy guy who was trying to ban video games after the earthquake.

"Bans Hanami" Wah?
    How do you ban someone in real life at this time and age?

"It’s not the time for hanami."
    It's an odd way to phrase a sentence...

"We may have lost the war, but the solidarity of the Japanese of that era was truly beautiful."
    That was ages ago!

"...tourist comes to Japan to celebrate Hanami"
    OH!! It's a holiday!
    "LOOK AT WHAT I STOLE!"

Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Meikeru View Post
    --My thought process--
    "Ishihara Bans Hanami"
    Ishihara... that crazy guy who was trying to ban video games after the earthquake.

"Bans Hanami" Wah?
    How do you ban someone in real life at this time and age?

"It’s not the time for hanami."
    It's an odd way to phrase a sentence...

"We may have lost the war, but the solidarity of the Japanese of that era was truly beautiful."
    That was ages ago!

"...tourist comes to Japan to celebrate Hanami"
    OH!! It's a holiday!
    This is hanami. The traditional holiday Japan is probably most well known for.

The cherry blossoms bloom, and everyone has one big picnic and drinks alcohol while enjoying the view.

Modding Expert Okitaru the aspiring sailor Okitaru the aspiring sailor Okitaru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Chuugoku
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Recettear
    Gold
    Flower viewing~

Snake? Snake?! SNAAAKE! Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru the master of posting Meikeru's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Meikeru
    Total Level
    6xx
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Ex-Cuchulainn
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Meikeru
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    FLOWER POWER!
    "LOOK AT WHAT I STOLE!"

much pumpkin Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat is a Nation Alchemist Taycat's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    KR Mabi
    Character
    Taycat
    Total Level
    xxxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Xiyamae
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    N/A
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Has anyone tried hanging themselves under the trees yet?

/referencing anime

*aims down* -Pew Pew Pew- Sleeperdial the archeologist Sleeperdial the archeologist Sleeperdial's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Icyshadows
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Kitsunetsuki
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    He would hate it. He HATES HATES HATES foreigners and has a policy that tries to shut down tourism.

I would love to fly over just to spite him.

Seriously, everyone kinda sucks nowadays. We haven't had someone awesome in power since... Queen Rania or something.
    But.......I thought you were Japanese.......or does he hate everyone thats ever left Japan.

It actually seems to me like he wants to bring things back to the opium wars in like what? the 1600's? He wants Japan to be a completely closed country because he thinks its SOOOOOO much better than everywhere else. Yea that worked real well the first time. I'm not saying Japan is or isn't great but seriously? There is no such thing as an independent country.

+ Reply to Thread