+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: May 21st Judgement Day

Denko~ (´・ω・`) Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

May 21st Judgement Day

Seems like a wide spread phenomenon, but the same billboard said the second coming of Christ would be March 15th a few months ago.

I don't really understand why a religion degrades itself like it does with messages like these.

Is it a bland attempt at conversion? Because coming up with dates like these will only displease and cause loss of faith whenever the dates come and nothing happens.

Even if what they say is true, and there will be a judgement day or some other biblical event, to put a date on it is sheer stupidity. You're not supposed to know when it is, so releasing some date completely defeats the purpose. I mean what do you really plan on doing when it doesn't happen? I mean, believing it will happen at some point is okay, but suddenly coming up with a specified date? Really?

I mean, they do this all the time. Theres probably like 2 or 3 times every year where they say something like this will happen. What the hell is wrong with everyone who follows it too? Are they just going to say "oh, next time for sure" every time?

Really now, its not any different from the end of the world people. They fall for every single one of them. Y2K, Large Hadron Collider, 2012, etc. The people who believe it are always the people who believe the very next one that come along.

Edit: Technically, according to the bible, Judgement Day shouldn't even come until the ressurection of the dead and the second coming of Jesus, so unless we can squeeze those two events in the next few days, what is this I don't even.
    Last edited by Cucurbita; 05-14-2011 at 10:13 AM.

Chen Fanboy

Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    kingofrunes
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Guild
    Mahou
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Girahim
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Ya I always shake my head at things like this as I've read the book of Revelations and know for a fact that it says nobody can predict when it will occur. There is supposed to be several leading signs to it though and as far as I can tell, the natural disasters we've had these past couple years doesn't constitute enough warning signs for anything close to Judgement Day.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Runescape, Mabinogi, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.
    Thanks for the Sig Elleanior

Denko~ (´・ω・`) Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofrunes View Post
    Ya I always shake my head at things like this as I've read the book of Revelations and know for a fact that it says nobody can predict when it will occur. There is supposed to be several leading signs to it though and as far as I can tell, the natural disasters we've had these past couple years doesn't constitute enough warning signs for anything close to Judgement Day.
    Exactly. I don't want to turn religion down right away, so I'm not here to argue whether it will happen or not. I'm more concerned about those dickbags who come up with a specified date, and all the little morons out there who believe it every time. Even if it happens, it sure as hell won't be when everyone says it will.

TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA is a master of the Mabinogion TA's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    ThatAss
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Adult Content
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Yeah, that'll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowFox31 View Post
    TA: SO MUCH ASS.

Chen Fanboy

Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    kingofrunes
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Guild
    Mahou
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Girahim
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    Exactly. I don't want to turn religion down right away, so I'm not here to argue whether it will happen or not. I'm more concerned about those dickbags who come up with a specified date, and all the little morons out there who believe it every time. Even if it happens, it sure as hell won't be when everyone says it will.
    I don't think that enough will happen in 7 days for that to happen. Do you know what the 21st of May is? The day I get my Bachelor's Degree. I highly doubt that the world will end then as my life is just getting started.

Moving into my first small apartment next week.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Runescape, Mabinogi, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.
    Thanks for the Sig Elleanior

nyoron BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    MYSTERY
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Haha that's funny because even the Bible itself says not to try to predict judgement day. Only the Good Lord knows when that will come and HE will reveal judgement day to us when gas reaches 25 dollar a gallon.

Then again, if the end of the world comes 5/21, Nexon NA will not have time to nerf summon golem. YAY
    Last edited by Sayoko; 05-14-2011 at 10:44 AM.

*aims down* -Pew Pew Pew- Sleeperdial the archeologist Sleeperdial the archeologist Sleeperdial's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Icyshadows
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Kitsunetsuki
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Nah, I'm pretty sure if anyone says judgement is on a specific day, you pretty much know that it won't be on that day.
    Based on Revelation anyway.

nyoron BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca the skillful BecomeMeguca's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    MYSTERY
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    The first google search quotes many bible verses to try to prove 5/21 is the beginning of the end but they apparentally "forgot" this one:

Jesus told His disciples: “No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” “Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with the hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.” “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.” (Matthew 24:36, 40 & 42)
    Last edited by Sayoko; 05-14-2011 at 11:32 AM.

Mabination User TinyMo the succubus slayer TinyMo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Israel
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Mugen
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Generally in times of trouble you get those people. "Repent for the kingdom of heaven is at hand!". It's just people's way of being scared and preying on those that are scared.

These guys are trying to get a rise out of people.

Just to reiterate,

"No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.” “Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. Two women will be grinding with the hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.” “Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come.” (Matthew 24:36, 40 & 42)

Sometimes you have to wonder if these guys actually read the bible.
    Some may regard tears as a sign of weakness; but quite the contrary, the one who has no tears to shed has buried his humanity. ~Watchman Nee

The Milletiant Summoner
    Chiyuri the strong Chiyuri the strong Chiyuri the strong Chiyuri the strong Chiyuri the strong Chiyuri's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Too many <.<
    Total Level
    6000~
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Would have been nice if he at told atleast the angels the date.

+ Reply to Thread