+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: MTU: Helping to quicken your gameplay!

Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyjason View Post
    It's completely okay XDD thank you for trying to help =)
    Hmm...I just texted my friend, and he told me XP needs you to use registry to directly change your MTU. I can maybe look into that and create a subsection of the guide for Windows XP and other OS's that require different methods xDD

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirayuki View Post
    Hmm...I just texted my friend, and he told me XP needs you to use registry to directly change your MTU. I can maybe look into that and create a subsection of the guide for Windows XP and other OS's that require different methods xDD
    ouch... i hate messing with registry edit x.x;;
    What value do i have to change?

Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    I'VE DONE IT! SOMEWHAT!

Windows XP users:

Step 1) Run Regedit

Step 2) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameter s\Interfaces\

Step 3) Similar to how you would disable Nagle, locate the folder which has info about your IP address

Step 4) Within that folder, there is a value named MTU. Modify that value and change the number to what please you. You can use Hex:MTU ratio examples that I found such as 96:150, 146:326, and 500:1280

Step 5) Reboot your computer and if a noticeable change is present, you probably changed your MTU! Congrats!

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I'VE DONE IT! SOMEWHAT!

Windows XP users:

Step 1) Run Regedit

Step 2) Browse to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE \SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameter s\Interfaces\

Step 3) Similar to how you would disable Nagle, locate the folder which has info about your IP address

Step 4) Within that folder, there is a value named MTU. Modify that value and change the number to what please you. You can use Hex:MTU ratio examples that I found such as 96:150, 146:326, and 500:1280

Step 5) Reboot your computer and if a noticeable change is present, you probably changed your MTU! Congrats!
    :O I'll try that, but not now since it's 12 AM and Jason is sleepy; thanks for looking this up for me! +rep!!

Mabination User ResilienT has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Azureguard
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    can anyone confirm this works yet? Window XP users....

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    there's no harm in checking if the value is there, but I'm pretty sure it works.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    there's no harm in checking if the value is there, but I'm pretty sure it works.
    Just checked, but there's no "MTU" value in there at all.
    Are you sure that's the case here?

P.S. there's no value with "mtu" in it for that matter
    Hype for this series MEGA-INTENSIFIES

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Hmmm...I personally don't have an XP computer, so I can't test what I say. I'm just telling you guys what I've learned, so it may not be completely accurate.

/Hypocrite Papaya Pok Pok has disabled reputation Papaya Pok Pok's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XOXO
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    OXOX
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I think my internet got slower after doing this.. o_o

Or maybe its because my mom's taking all the bandwidth - -;

Yeah.. I think its my mom..

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    It is meant for making games faster mostly. It sends packets quicker, but sends the packets while they hold less data. If you just want to stream data, you should set a high MTU, but you should have a medium-low MTU for gaming.

+ Reply to Thread