Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Etoire
    Type
    Evie
    Gold
    I don't use WM much, so it won't affect me a lot. But I will demand my AP back :O
    I'd die a bit more though D: WM is useful to use when there are lots of monsters surrounding you.

See you, space cowboy..

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    You seem to want to see the entire party go down if one person dies and isn't doing their part. My character's survivability shouldn't depend on the competence or luck of my fellow combatants. I should be able to survive with or without them. This is why I don't play more "traditional" MMORPGs that force players to depend on one another to get anything done. That's the reason I left Maple -- you simply couldn't do anything fun or productive without having a good party, resulting in hours upon hours of sheer boredom, whereas in Mabinogi I can do pretty much whatever I feel like doing alone, without needing to first find a bunch of people willing to spend their time doing it with me.
    Want one person's fail to kill the entire group? No. Want one person's fail to drastically increase difficulty? Yes.
    That's the point of a guild, and the foundation of a healthy community. People who suck will be left behind and forced to get better, resulting in only good players reaching high levels and less high level failures.

When I played Maple about 2 years ago, I had one friend that I did everything with. We got pretty well known for having the fastest and most successful PQ runs. Guild Quest was a joke for three of us, all under level 100, while some three party guilds still took forever to complete it. The only time I was ever bored playing that was when I was soloing something because my friend wasn't on. In Mabi, I'm still bored often even when people are on because nothing requires real teamwork. If I wanted to do everything solo I'd play a console/handheld game, not an MMO.

Purifier Unit First Class Trigger the succubus slayer Trigger's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Trigger
    Total Level
    19XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    GHOST
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    If I wanted to do everything solo I'd play a console/handheld game, not an MMO.
    Well it just so happens I'm heavily into solo adventure games, so...yeah. =P I prefer to have the ability to act alone, because I tend to be a hell of a lot more dedicated to things than most people I know (meaning I'm online a lot when they are not, such as all-nighters on a regular basis). Don't get me wrong, I too wish Mabi had more things that were favorable to parties, but the combat system simply does not lend itself to that. That's why I mentioned G9 Final as an example of a party-friendly activity, because it is actually BETTER to run it in a party than it is to do it solo (as opposed to regular dungeons, which divide all EXP according to the number of players in the party, reducing EXP gain for everyone).

Banned ♪★ Scandalous ☆ ♫ the dragon knight ♪★ Scandalous ☆ ♫ the dragon knight ♪★ Scandalous ☆ ♫ the dragon knight ♪★ Scandalous ☆ ♫ the dragon knight
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Dori dori
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrphid View Post
    I think the game would be more fun without wm. Imagine a party of 4 mid-levels taking on Peaca; what would that look like? What would they do?
    They would die, painful, gruesome deaths.

Mabination User Drago has defeated the golden spiderling Drago's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Drago
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    i would also run to nexon and do a real windmill in the middle of the CEO's office
    Drago - Ruari ~ Guild - Fruity ~ Total Level - 900+
    Goals: R1 WM - [X] R1 Refine - [X] R1 Smash - [X] R1CM - [X] R1 Crit - [X] R1 Range- R1 all combat skills - [] Get AR - [X] R1 Soul of Chaos - [X] Get Martial Arts - []

Passerby Boy
    Best Mabinogi guide of the year
    Kyouriharu has saved the goddess Kyouriharu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kyouharu
    Total Level
    5000+
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Nostalgia
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Without Windmill, cooking would be capped rD since we need that windmill to grind that wheat for kneading, ya know. Not to mention that no one can learn Production Mastery since the windmill is required for that beginner quest.
    lLearnl lLivel lLovel lLookl

+ Reply to Thread