FatedHour
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Gold

3rd transformation

1st trans: pally > dk (before 2nd trans came out)
    2nd trans: dk >>> pally (before 3rd trans comes out)
    3rd trans: pally >>>>> dk?? (before 4th trans comes out)

your thoughts?
    Guide to optimizing your performance in Vindictus: http://mabination.com/threads/16875-...e-in-Vindictus
    2:53 Hidden hard solo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kmQkCFeL2o

Sucks at Life Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Mysticbreath
    Total Level
    1XXX+
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Vahlse
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Lilyan
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    The Last Smile
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    I still see them as pretty equal. o -o
    Steam: Andy-Buddy

Blood of the Dragon Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Skye's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Evira
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Adventure
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Vendico
    Type
    Vella
    Level
    2x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    I've yet to see the third trans, so I can't say anything about it.

As far as the first two go, I think they're equal, each with their own pros and cons.

Denko~ (´・ω・`) Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Cucurbita's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I'm Pally now but situationally speaking I would like to sometimes switch to DK. It would be more beneficial.

But I don't regret my choice. Pally is better overall. But there are times where DK really shines.

Banned Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Fullmetaloiz
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Oizen
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Gold
    Third trans will most likely not be worth using at all if it follows the path the other two set.

I mean, 30 seconds isn't a lot of time to work with, and most of the skills will just be repeats of the already repeated ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy-Buddy View Post
    I still see them as pretty equal. o -o
    DK Aura > Pally aura (or whatever its called)
    Last edited by Oizen; 09-15-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Mabination User foreignreign the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by OizenX View Post
    DK Aura > Pally aura (or whatever its called)
    Not true. DK Aura is potentially great for yourself (I find it kind of useless as a staff Evie though) and spear Lanns. Paladin Aura is potentially great for everyone.

While +150 Stamina is nice, DK Aura does not increase stamina regen for you or others, and for other players, only lasts 15 seconds. Sure, if you catch a DK Aura while you're regenning stamina you can stand around for an extra 3 seconds or w/e so you can regen it again, but the problem there is you have to use up all the stamina before the 15 seconds (minus the amount of time it took you to generate that extra stamina) is out. Because once that 15 seconds is out, even if you're standing right next to a DK, you won't have the same 150 stamina; you'll have the original 150 wear off, you'll be back at regular stamina (if only for a single moment) and then you'll have +150 stamina again.

In other words, if you're a staff Evie and get DK Aura from someone else it'll be useless since staff Evie stamina regen is piss poor. If you happen to be at close to 0 stamina and catch a DK Aura, you'll have to stand for a bit less than twice as long to fully regen stamina and you'll have to use it hella fast before the thing wears out (which may be hard to do if the boss does something that prohibits you from attacking, ie: Glas decides to fly away).

With Pally Aura it's more like "Oh I have Pally Aura, nifty." No need to worry about actually "using" it since it does what it does.

As for the original post, depends. Paladin Spear Lann and hammer Fiona are on par (or better, entirely circumstantial) with DK spear Lann and hammer Fiona DPS because of their spinning nature, moreso for spear Lann since he doesn't rely on Slashing High for super armor. More DEF = more tanking = more reckless spinning = easier DPS. DK is much better for the other characters/weapon-types, though.
    Last edited by foreignreign; 09-15-2011 at 09:37 AM.
    Relecroix :: 70 Fiona
    Meledi :: 70 Evie
    Houtengeki :: 70 Lann
    Bropane :: 70 Karok

Giant Enemy Davebot Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon is a Nation Alchemist Lolicon's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Jerain
    Total Level
    ~9xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    None as of yet
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Arakasume
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I really just went with DK cuz it looked cool. With Scythe Evie, it can go either way.

Brilliant Frost
    Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor is a Nation Alchemist Conor's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chro
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Mystique
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Rosynne
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Noire
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    30 seconds can be good depending on how much of a boost 3rd tier would get.
    But I'm sure they'll renew the whole system when third trans comes out.

Sucks at Life Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy the adult Andy-Buddy's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Mysticbreath
    Total Level
    1XXX+
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Vahlse
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Lilyan
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Guild
    The Last Smile
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by foreignreign View Post
    Not true. DK Aura is potentially great for yourself (I find it kind of useless as a staff Evie though) and spear Lanns. Paladin Aura is potentially great for everyone.

While +150 Stamina is nice, DK Aura does not increase stamina regen for you or others, and for other players, only lasts 15 seconds. Sure, if you catch a DK Aura while you're regenning stamina you can stand around for an extra 3 seconds or w/e so you can regen it again, but the problem there is you have to use up all the stamina before the 15 seconds (minus the amount of time it took you to generate that extra stamina) is out. Because once that 15 seconds is out, even if you're standing right next to a DK, you won't have the same 150 stamina; you'll have the original 150 wear off, you'll be back at regular stamina (if only for a single moment) and then you'll have +150 stamina again.

In other words, if you're a staff Evie and get DK Aura from someone else it'll be useless since staff Evie stamina regen is piss poor. If you happen to be at close to 0 stamina and catch a DK Aura, you'll have to stand for a bit less than twice as long to fully regen stamina and you'll have to use it hella fast before the thing wears out (which may be hard to do if the boss does something that prohibits you from attacking, ie: Glas decides to fly away).

With Pally Aura it's more like "Oh I have Pally Aura, nifty." No need to worry about actually "using" it since it does what it does.

As for the original post, depends. Paladin Spear Lann and hammer Fiona are on par (or better, entirely circumstantial) with DK spear Lann and hammer Fiona DPS because of their spinning nature, moreso for spear Lann since he doesn't rely on Slashing High for super armor. More DEF = more tanking = more reckless spinning = easier DPS. DK is much better for the other characters/weapon-types, though.
    When the DK stamina boost runs out, you keep the additional stamina you regenerated. It just doesn't regenerate past cap.
    Super Armor isn't a worry with 95% Resistance, which is pretty common for second trans users.
    Steam: Andy-Buddy

Banned Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Fullmetaloiz
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Oizen
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by foreignreign View Post

All your argument is about taking the 12 second buff from a different DK.

Pally aura adds an insignificant amount of SP per second. If you even have 1 point into fatigue, you'll never even notice it.

You're crediting fatigue, not the useless Pally Aura.

Both DK and Pally have Fatigue, I assure you that you wont get Slashing High any higher then I will.
    Last edited by Oizen; 09-15-2011 at 12:29 PM.

+ Reply to Thread