+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 12 13 14

Thread: >People who say Hailstorm is useless

The Mysterious Girl Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Araria
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    I poked my head into mabination and couldn't help reading on this thread. If you guys think I have credibility of experience with this skill listen up.

Hailstorm is great. If you max your crit and int skills and boosts it can be one of the best skills in the game. It's a great soloing skill as long as you take the time to put yourself in a winning situation. Just like all magic you can't bum rush into a room and start casting. You have to know the strengths and weaknesses of the skill and work accordingly.

If you add in a +6 Hailstorm combo card you can do some impressive damage. Fireball doesn't have time to launch that many for a combo card. Icespear takes longer to set-up in elite missions (unless you want to spam cast it, which works most of the time too). I never liked thunder...so I'll leave that one out. Magic is situational and being flexible with which one you want to use is important.

Also guy claiming 30k fireball damage is either lying or has a friend with full ice set a r6 staff and a combo card that lets him get into that last card slot quickly.

The real reason you guys are having this discussion is play style. Most rangers and melee players play the game very differently than mages/alchemists. Sometimes they work well together but when a ranger tries to use hailstorm in the same play style they are used to it doesn't work as well as they hoped.

My final mage set was only 2 pieces short so I can attest that the damage on most tara Hardmode mobs was about 3k non crit. Elites somewhere around 2400-2600 I think. Tail was around 2700 and 2200.

Again magic is situational in its use. Each has a strength and weakness. Hailstorm is highly useful and effective.
    THANK you.

Cathaoir the ogre slayer Cathaoir's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Cathaoir
    Total Level
    46xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Boss
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Vinjio
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    5x
    Guild
    Eweca (leader)
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post
    I was just using fireball as an example. I could easily say I was behind Barrier spikes that just ran out of time, among other things.
    It can work with any magic skill.
    It doesn't matter if you don't find a situation plausible, my point still stands.
    Ice spear has a very quick load, and if it bursts, it chains to other mobs. If you were in a multi aggro situation, it would freeze them, freeing you up to do what you need.

Quote Originally Posted by Azareel View Post
    So, it doesn't let you reach 100% aim with each shot, even if you wait?
    Or, 100% isn't actually 100%?

I don't really get which one you mean. If it's the latter, it might just be a latency issue.
    Last few times I played(and actually waited for the full 100%) it wouldn't load to 100% aim. 100% is 100%, but it wouldn't give off the animation, nor the value.

Edit: I seem to have been wrong. After testing it again, it just took another second or two to get that extra percent.
    Last edited by Cathaoir; 11-10-2011 at 09:52 PM.

The Sexy Tiger Retard has saved the goddess
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Splatulated
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Troopguild
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    100% usually can only be obtained on completely still mobs

100% (o yes)-> mob steps to the side-> 95% (oshets) -> 100% (o yes) etc etc

And i don't see how people think that Magic is actually HARD in obtaining end game damage...

In range, you have to go through a but load of life skills...

Same with melee, and melee actually requires you to rank up ALL the skills in the tab and some life skills if you actually want to pull of some decent combos.

Magic:

get 700 int get r1 adv magic with respective mastery-> spam it-> omg end game (pretty much -> make that two for more flexibility...)

The Mysterious Girl Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Araria
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrz24 View Post
    100% usually can only be obtained on completely still mobs

100% (o yes)-> mob steps to the side-> 95% (oshets) -> 100% (o yes) etc etc

And i don't see how people think that Magic is actually HARD in obtaining end game damage...

In range, you have to go through a but load of life skills...

Same with melee, and melee actually requires you to rank up ALL the skills in the tab and some life skills if you actually want to pull of some decent combos.

Magic:

get 700 int get r1 adv magic with respective mastery-> spam it-> omg end game (pretty much -> make that two for more flexibility...)
    >Mfw +Magic damage enchants > Int stat because Int stat caps at 999 while Magic attack stat is not capped

The Sexy Tiger Retard has saved the goddess
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Splatulated
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Troopguild
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post
    >Mfw +Magic damage enchants > Int stat because Int stat caps at 999 while Magic attack stat is not capped
    Lol everything in the game is capped except for one guild :p

and Nexon's neglect

Magic attack caps at 56

Int caps at 999
    Last edited by Retard; 11-10-2011 at 10:19 PM. Reason: I farted.

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Archibald View Post
    I poked my head into mabination and couldn't help reading on this thread. If you guys think I have credibility of experience with this skill listen up.

Hailstorm is great. If you max your crit and int skills and boosts it can be one of the best skills in the game. It's a great soloing skill as long as you take the time to put yourself in a winning situation. Just like all magic you can't bum rush into a room and start casting. You have to know the strengths and weaknesses of the skill and work accordingly.

If you add in a +6 Hailstorm combo card you can do some impressive damage. Fireball doesn't have time to launch that many for a combo card. Icespear takes longer to set-up in elite missions (unless you want to spam cast it, which works most of the time too). I never liked thunder...so I'll leave that one out. Magic is situational and being flexible with which one you want to use is important.

Also guy claiming 30k fireball damage is either lying or has a friend with full ice set a r6 staff and a combo card that lets him get into that last card slot quickly.

The real reason you guys are having this discussion is play style. Most rangers and melee players play the game very differently than mages/alchemists. Sometimes they work well together but when a ranger tries to use hailstorm in the same play style they are used to it doesn't work as well as they hoped.

My final mage set was only 2 pieces short so I can attest that the damage on most tara Hardmode mobs was about 3k non crit. Elites somewhere around 2400-2600 I think. Tail was around 2700 and 2200.

Again magic is situational in its use. Each has a strength and weakness. Hailstorm is highly useful and effective.
    you can actually set up fireball on a combo card.

Mabination User phantomlord has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    guess?
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    guess too
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    guess
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    guess too
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    After hearing to many people talk about magic and know very little about it is starting to make me care and say something...Nope, waste of time.

Banned iloveyou the Mabination seal breaker iloveyou the Mabination seal breaker
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    SanfordcoPOV
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Type
    Vella
    Level
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Purrz24 View Post
    Lol everything in the game is capped except for one guild :p

and Nexon's neglect

Magic attack caps at 56

Int caps at 999
    MATK has no cap, just like how max damage have no cap. If nexon keep bumping out better max dmg/MATK enchant, then it will just keep going.

Pretty soon, Mage will have a whole set dedicated to increasing MATK. So far we have MATK es for wand/staff,boot, glove, and helmet? Missing cloth and accessory, and suffix or prefix for all of the above.

In the future, there will be a damage gap between those who have a MATK set and those who do not,just like archery and melee. Devcat is working to get all the skill to base on MATK instead of INT.
    Last edited by iloveyou; 11-10-2011 at 11:02 PM.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Aubog007 View Post
    you can actually set up fireball on a combo card.
    Who in the bloody hell said you couldn't?

> Have a card that goes: Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Fireball
    > Set up a barrier spike
    > Use the said bolts on the barrier
    > Load Fireball with a speed cast wand
    > Enjoy your Fireball's 50%+ added damage

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropacat View Post
    Who in the bloody hell said you couldn't?

> Have a card that goes: Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Bolt > Fireball
    > Set up a barrier spike
    > Use the said bolts on the barrier
    > Load Fireball with a speed cast wand
    > Enjoy your Fireball's 50%+ added damage
    Quote did.
    But you can make a pure fireball combo card.

+ Reply to Thread