FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: >People who say Hailstorm is useless

Xemnas has disabled reputation Xemnas's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    If you're talking in trans too then I can crit smash 7-8k with a max str roll on HM mobs and 4-5k on Elite.(with a S6 untamed giant claymore)

starpaw7 has disabled reputation starpaw7's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Starpaw7
    Total Level
    SUPER
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Oddblock
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Xemnas View Post
    If you're talking in trans too then I can crit smash 7-8k with a max str roll on HM mobs and 4-5k on Elite.(with a S6 untamed giant claymore)
    You're just using a different method and build is all - and Smash is designed to do significantly more damage than your average attacks.

While Hailstorm receives the multiplier at 5 charges, it's still sounds far from useless

Signature

Banned Dejosa the Mabination seal breaker Dejosa the Mabination seal breaker
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Unconscious
    Total Level
    54x
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Helheim / Tapout
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Dejosa
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    (Not Saying)
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Hailstorm isn't useless at all, it's just people doesn't know how to maintain and use the skill effectively.

With hailstorm's greatest potential, max out Magic Attack/INT with Enchants + Food-Effects.
    Even though it doesn't do Critical often, it's best to enchant the wands/staffs with Critical-Boosting.
    That's why I'm more Critical-Dependent, because my damage output is great with Critical.
    In transformation, that Intelligence adds into Critical Rate, greatly increasing the Critical Ratio.

For Magic Users, this is just like an orgasm; however, Blaze can do better.
    (If anyone still knows how to use that skill properly...)

Besides, Magic gets buffed in G15S2. making magic more useful.
    Blaze, Hailstorm, and other ADV Magics will become more powerful than before.
    Last edited by Dejosa; 11-09-2011 at 09:16 AM.

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Hard : 26 Prot, 7-8k = 9.4k - 10.8k base
    Elite : 32 Prot, 4-5k = 5.9k - 6.4k base

Care to explain that 4k damage difference? Sounds like huge exaggeration.

(Not that I'm siding with anything anybody has said in this thread)

Xemnas has disabled reputation Xemnas's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post

It's not hard to crit 10k on a mob with 0 def 0 prot if that's what youre saying my base damage has to be.

Banned Dejosa the Mabination seal breaker Dejosa the Mabination seal breaker
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Unconscious
    Total Level
    54x
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Helheim / Tapout
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Dejosa
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    (Not Saying)
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post

+Rep

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    It's not hard to crit 10k on a mob with 0 def 0 prot if that's what youre saying my base damage has to be.
    That's not even close to what I'm saying.

Your supposed numbers conflict, saying that you have 720 base max in Trans in Hardmode missions, and 426 base max in Trans in Elite missions. That's almost a 300 damage difference.

I never said anything about demigod, I just want to see actual in-game numbers rather than all talk.
    Put up or shut up.
    Last edited by Justified; 11-09-2011 at 09:25 AM.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I've seen a friend of mine crit Ghasts for 9k. Hailstorm isn't exactly useless. Far from it. Mine's only r8 atm, putting it on hold to pursue a ranged sidetrack only cause I'm bored of Melee/Magic and think it's due time to pick up a 3rd skill set.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Rain makes me wet. TheKartheus the master of posting TheKartheus the master of posting TheKartheus the master of posting TheKartheus the master of posting TheKartheus the master of posting TheKartheus's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Oberyn
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Medicine
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    x
    Gold
    Useless to me =/= useless.

Magnum will never be usefull to me. Does that mean I think it's a useless skill? No.

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Dejosa View Post
    Hailstorm isn't useless at all, it's just people doesn't know how to maintain and use the skill effectively.

With hailstorm's greatest potential, max out Magic Attack/INT with Enchants + Food-Effects.
    Even though it doesn't do Critical often, it's best to enchant the wands/staffs with Critical-Boosting.
    That's why I'm more Critical-Dependent, because my damage output is great with Critical.
    In transformation, that Intelligence adds into Critical Rate, greatly increasing the Critical Ratio.

For Magic Users, this is just like an orgasm; however, Blaze can do better.
    (If anyone still knows how to use that skill properly...)

Besides, Magic gets buffed in G15S2. making magic more useful.
    Blaze, Hailstorm, and other ADV Magics will become more powerful than before.
    As I previously stated, I don't believe Hail Storm is useless. It's just too difficult to pull off reliably when facing multiagro. Nobody should have issues with single and double agro these days.

The magic buff also hardly effects Hail Storm. The only notable bonus will be the cash shop magic damage potions and the increased mana regeneration when using meditation. That might improve your ease of use, though it will come at the cost of increased durability consumption.

I'll have to rank the skill at bit more as mine is only r9. Right now it looks like a good party skill.

+ Reply to Thread