+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some way to find an item's worth?

Resident Furvert™ Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Furluminati
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Some way to find an item's worth?

Is there some database/site or something that can show an approximate value of an item? I know markets fluctuate and vary by server and stuff, so I'm not talking about the actual numerical amount, I'm talking about if an item is worth trying to sell at all or if it's just common crap.

For example I was out in Rano killing ancients and scoping out treasure chests. I'm getting lots of equipment from the chests and stuff... daggers, hooked cutlass, bows... one of them looks special. "Highlander Long Bow". I try it out, think it's a nice bow, then stick it in a pet along with some other crap. Well I'm in dunbarton making some room in that pet's inventory, and I consider selling the bow to an NPC... when I see somebody buying it. I ask him for his offer, and holy crap I've got 1.5 mil in exchange for a bow I was considering selling to an NPC for 2.5K.

Stuff like that. How can I tell if something is actually good, or if it's just normal crap?

inb4 "Go out and scope out shops" - I don't see a lot of this stuff for sale, and in addition how do I know if it's actually worth trying to sell it around that range? After all, when you look into a person's shop you only see things that haven't sold. I don't wanna' waste time listing stuff that nobody wants.

inb4 "We have a price check section here" - I don't get responses.

Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Renzato
    Guild
    Simply
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    If it isn't sold by NPC's then it's probably worth a bit more. If it is a higher grade item it is probably worth more. If it's an item in demand it is probably worth more. Etc, etc. There really is no such thing as a "set" price for the majority of items people are selling. You'll just have to be observant and see what people are looking for.

Resident Furvert™ Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian the strong Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Furluminati
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I'm not looking for a set price.

I'm wanting to know if there's an easy way to see if an item is worth a lot and worth selling AT ALL, or if it's just standard common crap.

Royale the master of posting Royale the master of posting Royale the master of posting Royale the master of posting Royale the master of posting Royale's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Mahou
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Guild
    Mahou
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    just pay attention to the market, and check housing (which is overpriced most of the time) you could also use our housing tool to see prices on other servers to help you get an idea of a reasonable price

Free to Play!

Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato is a friend of Nora Renzato's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Renzato
    Guild
    Simply
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Housing board. Party signs.

Like I said, just be observant. If you see a bunch of crap that you're selling being sold by other people then it's safe to say it won't be worth as much. If it's easy to acquire - no it won't be worth much.

Different people are looking for different things. There is no "easy way." If you're unsure, ask a friend or toss up a S> sign to see if anyone bothers.

Cathaoir the ogre slayer Cathaoir's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Cathaoir
    Total Level
    46xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Boss
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Vinjio
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    5x
    Guild
    Eweca (leader)
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    I'm not looking for a set price.

I'm wanting to know if there's an easy way to see if an item is worth a lot and worth selling AT ALL, or if it's just standard common crap.
    I'll just repaste what Tempest already said:

Quote Originally Posted by TheTempest View Post
    You'll just have to be observant and see what people are looking for.
    There is no easier way, unless you have merchant friends you can ask. If you don't see it being advertised in a sale, in a shop, in a house or being advertised to purchase, it's most likely not worth a whole lot. You just have to be observant.

永遠夢を閉じ込め �� �� EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    There is a website that has searchable housing board:
    http://mabibook.com/en/shop/

Treat housing prices as approximations, of course.

Mabination User Sekwaf is a friend of Nora Sekwaf is a friend of Nora Sekwaf is a friend of Nora
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Mithiran
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Valoridan
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Yeah I usually check housing and look for the lowest price if it fluctuates a ton. That's probably about what it will sell for as the majority of things on housing are overpriced.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Furluminati
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Well my concern isn't so much the price... I don't mind asking people for an offer and then taking whatever low-end price they give (as most of what I find I don't use and I'm desperate foe gold :P), my main concern is whether something seems worth the hassle or not.

I will take the suggestions of course, I'm just irked by having to do all that. Mabi's market sucks compared to all the other MMOs I've played. :\ Such an incredible hassle.

+ Reply to Thread