+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: "Extra" material for making HLB/Arbalest at G15S3...

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

"Extra" material for making HLB/Arbalest at G15S3...

I'm pretty sure most of you know this already, but just throwing it out there for the people who don't.

HLB CAN be made with Carpentry at G15S3, but there's a catch.

1) Player must be Merchant Destiny (Well, not too big of a problem here)
    2) Following Material is needed:
    Finest Leather x1 (LOL)
    Large Nail x10 (wack some snowmans)
    Finest Firewood x10 (Chop chop chop)
    Shiny Tough String x5 (Haha, that's eas... WHAT THE HELL?!)

So what the eff is this "Shiny Tough String" needed to make HLB like crazy?
    Quite unfortunately for some of the lower leveled players, this material is ONLY obtainable from "Advanced Hardmode" Dungeons. Players of Mabiabout reported that this material was most common in the Rundal Advanced Hardmode dungeon, but also obtainable from Alby Advanced Hardmode, and Ciar Advanced Hardmode.

Fortunately, however, the success rate of making the bow seems to be on the high side, as the player from the source reported 90%+ success rates for making this bow.

Source: Mabiabout

Discuss. Will you hunt for this item? It's not like you can spam the dungeon that easily, so I would expect the price to be a bit high...

If you're wondering about the Arbalest requirements, I'll post it up on request.

Mods, if this thread is in the wrong place, I would greatly appreciate it if you can move it.
    Hype for this series MEGA-INTENSIFIES

Sucks Dick Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Too bad HLBs aren't a "flashy" thing anymore.

But if the stats are decent, I definitely see people farming for them.

Not to mention, the people actually making the bows will probably be high leveled anyway, so they shouldn't hit any snags in doing so. Rundal Adv HM is alright, it's just those damn rats you have to look out for.

Minorin's Waifu radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    11XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Well... for one thing, Carpentry HLBs are at the disadvantage that unless you're lucky, the pre-enchanted Glorious or Spike gacha HLBs will have the same or higher stats.

However, if you're really lucky you can possibly craft godly HLBs with 2 max and 2 dura over the gacha ones. I'm not sure if it will be worth the effort for that much stat gain and a low chance, but having one of those godly bows will surely be nice. As for the arbalests... well, I'm sure a few PVP oriented humans I know will put them to good use.

I'm more interested in druid set anyway +_+ those are so sexy.

Edit: That 90% figure is with carpentry success toolkits I believe... so you can expect NA's to be a tad bit lower as we do not have NX toolkits. It's also harder to get full r1 carp parties as it is over there.
    Last edited by radionoise; 01-26-2012 at 07:08 PM.

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by radionoise View Post
    Edit: That 90% figure is with carpentry success toolkits I believe... so you can expect NA's to be a tad bit lower as we do not have NX toolkits. It's also harder to get full r1 carp parties as it is over there.
    Yeah... Now that you say it, that 90% seemed too high ._.;

Minorin's Waifu radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    11XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Chihaya View Post
    Yeah... Now that you say it, that 90% seemed too high ._.;
    On the plus side, provided you have the right toolkits and a full r1 party on monday you can get 99%? Friend linked me this.
    clicky o3o

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by radionoise View Post
    On the plus side, provided you have the right toolkits and a full r1 party on monday you can get 99%? Friend linked me this.
    clicky o3o
    WOOT
    Yep, the person says 99% is possible.

Now to get them Shiny Tough Strings ._.;

Poor Edith!
    Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Going to go and cry now over Shiny Tough String.

Damn.

Θ ε Θ Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Shiny tough threads shouldn't be too hard...

I'd love to spam Rundal Adv. HM dungeons since they give other rare stuffs as well.

The Mysterious Girl Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad is a master of the Mabinogion Maenad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Araria
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Seeing as to how those are probably stacking, expect them to be duped en masse the moment a new stack dupe comes out.

The Wandering Alchemist

Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kenero's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Kenero
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Smithing
    Guild
    Oberon
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Kenero
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Araria View Post
    Seeing as to how those are probably stacking, expect them to be duped en masse the moment a new stack dupe comes out.
    Or gachapon, seeing how Ice Silks and Ice Fabrics were not immune to them.
    Kenero of Mari Server.

Royal Alchemist, streaming it through and living relaxed.

"Cynicism masquerades as wisdom, but it is the farthest thing from it. Because cynics don’t learn anything. Because cynicism is a self-imposed blindness, a rejection of the world because we are afraid it will hurt us or disappoint us." - Stephen Colbert

+ Reply to Thread