+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40
FirstFirst ... 38 39 40

Thread: [KR] Incoming Test server update キタ━━━━━━(゚∀゚)━━━━━ ━!!!!!

The Knight of Fail Serathx the noob elemental master Serathx's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Serathx
    Total Level
    12xx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Pamplemousse
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Chronaeon
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Recettear
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    ^ Oh nice, thanks.

If you're on Mabi, feel free to add me, I don't bite~ Just tell me who you are in advance.
    GOALS:
    R1 FH [x] G12 Finished [G10] Bat Dress [ ] Stop lagging [x!]

永遠夢を閉じ込め �� �� EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    How about Barrier Spikes + Hailstorm for Shadow Wizard HM? Kind of solves the multiaggro problem.

A Typical
    Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Shizuhara
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    Do fully charged bolts always cause knockback? It really isn't that strong, at least not enough for one-shotting in Hard Shadow Missions (by the looks of it, it would take maybe 3-7 non-crits).
    It's clearly a replacement for CC+4 Firebolt with stellar damage, but it doesn't look like it can compete with Intermediate magic as far as quickly clearing groups of mobs goes (Shadow Wizard and Orb Room type situations).
    Yeah, fully charged bolts always KB. I don't think it'd take 3-7 non crits if it can ohko a desert white bear the holy. It's probably not as great for clearing mobs, but I think the vastly higher single target damage makes up for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zid View Post
    This still only applies in situations with single-double aggro. In frequent dungeons like Ciar Advanced, how is this going to prove it's worth better than Ice Spear? In r1 Hailstorm situations, it *might* be able to one-shot, but it's still single-target.

It's like comparing 99% r1 Magnum Shots vs. r1 Ice Spear in multi-aggro, high-risk dungeons if you're an Elf. On one hand, Magnum Shot is low cost (like Hailstorm's supposed Mana efficiency) and can handle single targets (like boss monsters) easily and maybe double targets, because of it can "reload" quickly. Sounds like Hailstorm, no? Only it's using Stamina instead of Mana, it loads much faster, and you can move with it.

On the other hand, Ice Spear is considered "high cost" on the MP, but can handle multi-aggro situations much better than Magnum Shot. Hailstorms fares as well as Magnum Shot, so why should Hailstorm be any "superior" than Ice Spear?

EDIT: As for Magic Ice Mastery, the only true benefit is the 15% reduction in casting time of Ice Magic. This applies to Hailstorm, but remember, it also applies to Ice Spear. So saying Magic Ice Mastery can help Hailstorm be superior to Ice Spear doesn't support it.
    Hailstorm won't be bothered by mana refractor since it can always kb and is much more conducive to party play than ice spear is. It should also be more effective against moderate groups such as are found in most shadow missions (which are also more conducive to party play than dungeons). The reason ice mastery is an arguing point is that hailstorm really needs to be able to ohko or 2hko to be effective. Ice spear is spammable and doesn't need damage as much.
    ~Selling Holy Water in Bulk, Note Shizuhara~
    Breaking Even . Last Updated: February the 4th
    I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the inside. - C. S. Lewis

I Like Ice Cream. Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol Justified is friends with Cichol
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Justinishere
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    CTRL
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Guild
    Sheep
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Juno View Post
    The reason ice mastery is an arguing point is that hailstorm really needs to be able to ohko or 2hko to be effective. Ice spear is spammable and doesn't need damage as much.
    I disagree with spamming Ice Spear, I always full charge it because the damage is almost on par with Thunder/Fireball (83%).
    But since Hailstorm always knocks back at full charges, then I do see how it can be more useful than Advanced Magic depending on the situation. If it also ignores protection for Criticals, then it might even beat Blaze on single-target damage (even if not, it's much easier to use).

Do the test server people have access to Shadow Wizard Hard? I'd like to see it in action there if possible.

Banned Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Maitenance
    Total Level
    3xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Vedera, Ushuai
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    10k views

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) woohoohelloppl the explorer of Mabination woohoohelloppl the explorer of Mabination woohoohelloppl the explorer of Mabination woohoohelloppl's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Character
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Character
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by hengsheng120 View Post
    AssaultSlash=Leap/Down Attack
    Berserker=Grim Reaper special attack

InstallKiosk=G12S2 Football madness event action used to install a stall with soccer theme
    Aah, alrighty.
    Thank you.

What about this Anger Management? XD

A Typical
    Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Shizuhara
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Justified View Post
    I disagree with spamming Ice Spear, I always full charge it because the damage is almost on par with Thunder/Fireball (83%).
    But since Hailstorm always knocks back at full charges, then I do see how it can be more useful than Advanced Magic depending on the situation. If it also ignores protection for Criticals, then it might even beat Blaze on single-target damage (even if not, it's much easier to use).

Do the test server people have access to Shadow Wizard Hard? I'd like to see it in action there if possible.
    I just mean it -can- be spammed, so if you don't do enough damage the first time it's no problem, you can just keep freezing them.

I think that no one has access to it since they mentioned not being able to go into elite missions even though it said the req was lvl 1.
    ~Selling Holy Water in Bulk, Note Shizuhara~
    Breaking Even . Last Updated: February the 4th
    I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the inside. - C. S. Lewis

Mabination User Karmel has just left the soul stream Karmel's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Karmel
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    nostalgia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Dimes
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    na
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus OB
    Gold
    i was told trinity can use adv magic as well, you just need to use normale bolts a few times, like heatbuster. havent got a chance to get on to test yet

moo~
    Karmel of mari :p

IceBlade has defeated the golden spiderling IceBlade's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Just ask.
    Total Level
    34xx
    Race
    Human