Hmmm, how about this Nen Master Build? I'm not sure if Tiger Roar is good or not so I left some SP to get Level 5 Solar Shield and Level 1 Tiger's Roar.(Yes, I messed up on the Hammer Kick, Suplex and possibly the Muse's Uppercut. D:) Also unsure on Tiger Flash.
AradSociety - Skill Planner
Why do you have SAND SPLASH? Nen shot will have a splash when it hits something, so don’t worry. Get Suplex cancel. Remove seismic punch. Raise solar shield to at least 5. Get the level 35 tiger roar thing. Keel hammer kick at level 1. Raise spiral nen. It’s much more useful than you think. It raises the damage of suplex thunder, man. Focus on raising the awakening skills. Here. This is my build, it’s very effective in both PvP and PvE.
AradSociety - Skill Planner
Edit: Also, your 311 SP remaining is disappoint.
There used to be pictures here. Now there's only text.
EDIT: Cross out Asanako from my character list, and add Byakuren as a Level 2X Summoner. Here's her skill build which is focused more on Spirits than Hired with Big Sis Louise since she's a pretty good summon. Magic Library was pretty much a fumble, and do Summoners need Mana Shield? Haven't raised that yet.
EDIT EDIT: http://www.aradsociety.com/planner/?...DlxEjvVivWgxHc
Last edited by Shanghai; 07-06-2010 at 12:08 AM.
1. Low kick in your build. Worthless skill. Low kicking enemies on the ground is pretty pointless if hammer kick accomplishes the same thing. If you properly met your juggle limit you can't do both low kick and hammer kick anyways, and with your Suplex Thunder set so high... you'll reach juggle limit for sure. Also, Hammer Kick is faster than low kick, which is necessary against Quick Rebound. Hammer kicking fallen enemies don't push them much, so its still easy to trap them in the clone explosions
2. Level 7 Muse. Not sufficient for the uppercut loop, which is a necessity for everyone if you plan on dealing any damage at all. You want level 10, and even then your launch strength will be worthless against heavier enemies like Crusaders or Asuras. Might as well get some Muse + avatars and equipment and see if you can't get it to level 12 for more launch strength.
3. Solar shield at level 6. Why. I don't even know. Level 5 is proper.
4. Stimulating breath at level 6. WHY THIS IS THE BEST SKILL EVER. You can get a whopping 18% attack and cast speed at level 9. People pay out tens of millions of gold to squeeze out the last 1% attack/cast speed on their characters, and here are nens with a buff that give 20% at level 10. Also something to note is that your actually cover more ground faster during X attack forward movement, and with enough attack speed you advance further faster than you can run. With max level stimulating breath, you can chase your enemies... while attacking at the same time.
5. (This gets its own section) You've completely ignored the primary offensive capabilities Nen Masters posses... Electrocution status. They can't afflict these against targets of a higher level if your skill's electrocution level's match that of the enemy's or higher without taking a huge nerf. Electrocution lets you put out twice the amount of damage you normally deal with every light attacks, and with your Khai buff your normal moves deal light damage too.
Your build is set to level 50, so you're expecting to fight level 50 enemies. Your Nen Shot's electrocution level is 43. Suplex Thunder is level 41. Nen Shield is level 47. Tiger Flash is level 41. The electrocution rate is severely nerfed because of the level differences, and the effects are greatly reduced as well (duration, strength, etc). This also goes for Lion's Roar, which has a stun level of 44. Your stun chance and duration will be cut by quite a bit against enemies of level 50+
When building classes, there are a few things to consider.
A) Fixed Damage: If your character does not deal % damage, then your damage will be purely based on your skill level (and some stats). You MUST level up that skill to get more damage out of it.
B) Percent Damage: Your skill deals a % of your weapon's damage. Get stronger or newer weapons and you don't need to level it up for more damage. In this case, you can keep this skill at level 1 and still get solid use, or level it up more for even more damage.
C) Status Alignment: MAX IT. Or the there is absolutely NO point, as resistance to status alignment increases as your level does, and the only way to keep up is to level the alignment as well.
6. Tiger Flash does NOT suck. It turns your attack into light element and deals electrocution. Its also the EASIEST source of electrocution as nen shot tends to have a low affliction rate and misses almost every time against players who know what they're doing. It doubles your attack hitbox, removing the fighter's weakness of having a small attack reach. It also reduces damage you take, and increases your movement speed. If you ever plan on pvping, you really need to max this skill.
7. Crouch dodges like 60% of the game's attacks. Learn to use it. Its the fighter's response to a slayer's Guard or a ranger's gun guard or a mage's phase shift. Most notable attacks I've managed to dodge: almost every launcher sub weapon, blade master's draw sword, jack spike + bbq, moving shot, nen shot, crucifix wind, etc.
This is my current nen build:
AradSociety - Skill Planner
It makes a huge sacrifice on Energy Shield, which I will only use for utility. Its percent damage so I'll just sacrifice my electrocution and keep the good damage. At level 60 uncap I can still max it.
I'm saddened by the low fixed damage on dopple blast but its decent as it is. Suplex thunder is a percent based skill so I don't mind having it low. Disappointed by Nen shot's level but its purpose isn't to hit but to zone anyways. Total focus on this build is using Stimulating Breath and Tiger Flash together to become godly fast, and use Lion's Roar as a counter attack (also note that higher level Lion's Roar has longer range).
Magic Library is useful for PvE summoners.
And yes. Mana Shield is a godsend when enemies in dungeons like Frost Field do more damage than your max hp has room for *shivers*
Last edited by Moppy; 07-06-2010 at 12:05 AM. Reason: double
AradSociety - Skill Planner For some reason, the level cap says it's 60 but it has the same skill points as a level 50 build. Not sure why.
More PVE build so I guess Magic Library wasn't a fluke after all.