+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: [Guide] Ignore List Function

Flirtation Mastery Rank 1 animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Animeshadows
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Wish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

[Guide] Ignore List Function

Ignore List Function
    For dealing with those pesky users, since 1882!

=====

It's been a long day of school, gaming, work, (or whatever you do in your daily lives), and finally you have a few moments to wind down and relax after all you have done. Accessing your web browser, your homepage opens to MabiNation, and you begin to browse. A particular thread tickles your fancy, so naturally you open it and begin to read. After a few moments, however, your eye catches this:

Another post by annoyingshadows. It's clear that he instigates drama with his personality, and he always finds a way to irritate you. His other posts on the thread hold no relavance to the topic at hand, and the percieved idiocy he has dished out on this thread serves as the catalyst to all of your pent up anger and rage! So, what do you do? Naturally, you write a flaming reply and hope that shuts him up... but it doesn't! It only gets you in trouble.

So what do you do? Being the reasonable user you are, you scroll to the top of the page and click settings.

At your disposal before you are various tools and buttons— some which will do absolutely nothing to solve the situation— and one that will solve the problem once and for all... Located on the left, under My Account, you find at the bottom of the section...

The Ignore List function. This beautiful button allows you to take the dreaded annoyingshadows, and type his name into what can only be described as... erm... A box!

All that's left is clicking Okay to send him and his posts back to their creator— and once the simple deed is done, you are done. It was so easy, in fact, you decided to try it out on a few others as well!

Left in the peace of the evening, you drift into a relaxing slumber... and once you awake, you scroll through the pages of MabiNation, as you usually do. Another reply was added to that one thread from the day before, and when you click it, you are delighted to find that the pesky annoyingshadows and his fallacy-filled, fracas-fathering posts are nowhere to be seen. All that remains is a marking of what would have been...

Staring at the shield, however, sadism flares within you. Instead of just hiding the posts, why not kill all of annoyshadows' posts? Returning to your settings, you quickly return to the My Account section and click on General Settings.

After abusing the hell out of your mouse's scroll wheel, you finally find the option. Glowing and heavenly, you see that right below your current setting lays the Advanced option of the Ignore Mode settings. This beautiful button entirely destroys annoyingshadows' posts; as if that annoying pest never existed... *evil cackle*

After making that decision, however, you realize that your mind is finally cleared of the morning haze, and you start to reflect on the day before. You decide that maybe some of the other users you tried Ignore-Listing didn't deserve the virtual cold-shoulder. Going back to the Ignore List tab, you uncheck the box next to Osayidan's username and click Save Changes.

Osayidan isn't blocked, annoyingshadows is, and the Nation is once more at peace...
    Last edited by animeshadows; 03-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.

웃 Isn't it electrifying?
    Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae is a Nation Alchemist Iljimae's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ACME
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    LOL..nice guide =D

I love this haha, you should make more if you ever have the free time in your busy schedule, it was a pretty fun read.

+rep
    "For I have known them all already, known them all:
    Have known the evenings, mornings, afternoons,
    I have measured out my life with coffee spoons;
    I know the voices dying with a dying fall
    Beneath the music from a farther room.
    So how should I presume?"

Flirtation Mastery Rank 1 animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows the skillful animeshadows's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Animeshadows
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Wish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutella View Post
    LOL..nice guide =D

I love this haha, you should make more if you ever have the free time in your busy schedule, it was a pretty fun read.

+rep

Thank you. I love writing guides~... but I need topics to write them on. I have all of this week off to write some, if you have any ideas.

Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Should be stickied...

Or added to the rules. Or something.

Sucks Dick Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Stickied. If someone wants to take it down from there, they can. But this is funny. Also helpful. But mostly funny.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Don't forget about the "Ignore Mode" option under the general settings:
    http://mabination.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

Poor Edith!
    Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    thisisbetterthanwhatIexpected.jpg

oh my god my sides, this is amazing, 10/10 would read again.

(ㅇㅅㅇ) Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma is a Nation Alchemist Kuma's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I like this guide -- It's entertaining and informative at the same time C:

I am...H...A...P...P...Y. Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    You may regret not checking Osayidan.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Animeshadows
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Wish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    Don't forget about the "Ignore Mode" option under the general settings:
    http://mabination.com/profile.php?do=editoptions
    Update: Added advanced options.
    Last edited by animeshadows; 03-25-2012 at 10:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread