+ Reply to Thread
Page 375 of 470
FirstFirst ... 373 374 375 376 377 ... LastLast
Results 3,741 to 3,750 of 4693

Thread: New weapon, skills, items, and tweaks you'd like to see!~

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Consecutive usage of the same skill will reduce its damage by 10% per use, starting at three uses. This amount is recovered by 5% per other skill used.

Example:

Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -90%
    Fireball -100%
    Firebolt -95%
    Firebolt -95%
    Firebolt -85%
    Firebolt -75%
    Shockwave -100%
    Thunder -100%
    Thunder -100%
    Thunder -90%
    Firebolt -95%
    Shockwave -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -90%

etc
    Last edited by Kaeporo; 01-23-2015 at 04:30 AM.

Formerly known as Psy
    Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Sounds like a potential problem for fighter but that is one handicap I wouldn't completely refuse. Better than cooldowned potion crap.
    • Titles
      • The option to have no talent title on.
      • The option to make text for the talent title not show up (not just the icon).
      • The option to make titles not show up.
      • The option for secondary title icons and secondary titles not show up.
      • If you are Grandmaster in one of the talents that encompasses a Hidden Talent, you will get a Grandmaster icon instead of a gold.
      • Not technically a title but the option to hide guild/family names as well.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapra View Post
    • Titles
      • The option to have no talent title on.
      • The option to make text for the talent title not show up (not just the icon).
      • The option to make titles not show up.
      • The option for secondary title icons and secondary titles not show up.
      • If you are Grandmaster in one of the talents that encompasses a Hidden Talent, you will get a Grandmaster icon instead of a gold.
      • Not technically a title but the option to hide guild/family names as well.
    I'd prefer if they changed the font to a less laggy one. I wouldn't mind an option to turn them off though.

Formerly known as Psy
    Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboy132 View Post
    I'd prefer if they changed the font to a less laggy one. I wouldn't mind an option to turn them off though.
    I wasn't really mentioning that for lag, I moreso meant so they don't obtrude the screen, but that would be good too. Maybe Day 3 of the G17 update, I switched back to the pre-G17 font via mods because it feels easier to read, doesn't cut off (not sure if the current one still cuts off), and is much faster. Only problem with the old font is that it doesn't support foreign text (though maybe that's the source of lag for all I know). Some more font options would be nice.

And they need to fix the issue with the task bar. I keep unintentionally moving my mabi task bar, why is it movable in the first place?

Θ ε Θ Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo has slain a prairie dragon Zeo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    Consecutive usage of the same skill will reduce its damage by 10% per use, starting at three uses. This amount is recovered by 5% per other skill used.

Example:

Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -90%
    Fireball -100%
    Firebolt -95%
    Firebolt -95%
    Firebolt -85%
    Firebolt -75%
    Shockwave -100%
    Thunder -100%
    Thunder -100%
    Thunder -90%
    Firebolt -95%
    Shockwave -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -100%
    Firebolt -90%

etc
    Good idea for a generic MMO. Bad idea for Mabinogi because it'd ruin what was special about Mabinogi.
    Uhh... here's my Mabination pets? :v

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeo View Post
    Good idea for a generic MMO. Bad idea for Mabinogi because it'd ruin what was special about Mabinogi.
    I suppose. The sad truth of the matter is that hybrid play isn't really rewarded since you can pretty easily slaughter this game with any one talent, if not singular skills, by the time your beginner benefits wear off. That sort of further punishes character development since you have no reason to really progress.

I'll level with you. I don't honestly think that it's a system that should be tied into Mabinogi. If nothing else, it was worth posting the idea so that we could consider and then ultimately reject it.
    Last edited by Kaeporo; 01-24-2015 at 06:19 AM.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Tempo - Suffix - Rank 7 - Instruments
    +9~13 Vivace Music Buff if Vivace Rank 5 or Higher
    +3 Music Duration if Magic Mastery Rank 9 or Higher
    +3 Music Duration if Alchemy Mastery Rank 9 or Higher

+10% Repair Cost

Pacing - Prefix - Rank 9 - Instruments
    +7 March Song Music Buff if March Song Rank 9 or Higher
    +4 Music Buff Effect
    +20 Stamina

Rejuvenating - Prefix - Rank 6 - Instruments
    +10~14 Enduring Melody Music Buff if Enduring Melody Rank 5 or Higher
    +5% Life Anthem buff effect when Fantasic Chorus is Rank 3 or Higher
    +30 Stamina

+30% Repair Cost
    Last edited by Tropa; 01-24-2015 at 02:15 PM.

King of Ruin koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai has tamed a desert dragon koishi-sempai's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Koishi
    Total Level
    12xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Gekokujo
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    The QQ patch:

These changes are not ones I necessarily endorse, but they're in line with the idea of getting players back in line with most existing content

General Changes:

Stat caps reverted to 999.
    Players can only get stats from their ACTIVE talent
    Elemental Reforges reduced to 5% extra damage per level, capped at 25
    If a player summons a pet with an AOE effect, the next pet summoned with an AOE effect within 180 seconds will not activate its effect
    All players get 100,000 + 10 per current level on their highest leveled character NX as compensation for balance changes

Close Combat:

Final Hit reverted to NA live values
    Lances now have 1.5 seconds of cooldown added to all abilities
    Strength no longer affects character defense
    Str to Dmg ratio raised from 2.5 Str to 1 Dmg to 3 Str to 1 Damage

Magic:

Magic Weapon Mastery DELETED
    Blaze DELETED
    [COLOR="Blue"]Magic Damage boosts now stack in a multiplicative fashion [COLOR]

Archery:
    Crash Shot and Magnum Shot reforges now can only go on weapons
    Dex to Dmg ratio raised from 2.5 Dex to 1 Dmg to 3 Dex to 1 Damage
    Aiming % is now removed, instead players gain a flat load time when aiming, scaling with skill rank and distance. Elves gain 1.5x aiming speed.

Alchemy:
    Raincasting no longer affects monster aggro
    Monsters affected by Hydra Transmutation aggro the caster after 5 ticks

Ninja:
    Sakura Abyss's Will and Str bonuses are swapped (19 Str, 51 Will)
    Shuriken Mastery no longer gives Str
    Shadow Cloak no longer gives Str

Puppetry:
    Act 6: Crisis DELETED

Dual Gun:
    Frenzy/Way of the Gun now only increases crit rate to 50% and ignores all boosts to critical damage
    Shooting Rush Cooldown increased by 1.5 at all ranks
    All training requirements decreased by 75%
    Bullet Storm Cooldown decreased to 10 at rank 1.

Bard:
    Battlefield Overture now gives 20 max damage + 1.5 per level of Music Buff
    Lullaby Duration is [Skill Rank + Music Buff + Duration Reforge] * [Player Combat Power / Monster Combat Power
    Lullaby ends immediately 3 seconds after the Bard stops playing regardless of listed duration
    Last edited by koishi-sempai; 01-25-2015 at 01:58 AM.
     Signature

Delicate Magician Tyskiyomy the explorer of Mabination Tyskiyomy the explorer of Mabination Tyskiyomy the explorer of Mabination Tyskiyomy's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Tyskiyomy
    Total Level
    78xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Tyskiyomia
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Celermortis
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by koishi-sempai View Post
    The QQ patch:

These changes are not ones I necessarily endorse, but they're in line with the idea of getting players back in line with most existing content

General Changes:

Stat caps reverted to 999.
    Players can only get stats from their ACTIVE talent
    Elemental Reforges reduced to 5% extra damage per level, capped at 25
    If a player summons a pet with an AOE effect, the next pet summoned with an AOE effect within 180 seconds will not activate its effect
    All players get 100,000 + 10 per current level on their highest leveled character NX as compensation for balance changes

Close Combat:

Final Hit reverted to NA live values
    Lances now have 1.5 seconds of cooldown added to all abilities
    Strength no longer affects character defense
    Str to Dmg ratio raised from 2.5 Str to 1 Dmg to 3 Str to 1 Damage

Magic:

Magic Weapon Mastery DELETED
    Blaze DELETED
    [COLOR="Blue"]Magic Damage boosts now stack in a multiplicative fashion [COLOR]

Archery:
    Crash Shot and Magnum Shot reforges now can only go on weapons
    Dex to Dmg ratio raised from 2.5 Dex to 1 Dmg to 3 Dex to 1 Damage
    Aiming % is now removed, instead players gain a flat load time when aiming, scaling with skill rank and distance. Elves gain 1.5x aiming speed.

Alchemy:
    Raincasting no longer affects monster aggro
    Monsters affected by Hydra Transmutation aggro the caster after 5 ticks

Ninja:
    Sakura Abyss's Will and Str bonuses are swapped (19 Str, 51 Will)
    Shuriken Mastery no longer gives Str
    Shadow Cloak no longer gives Str

Puppetry:
    Act 6: Crisis DELETED

Dual Gun:
    Frenzy/Way of the Gun now only increases crit rate to 50% and ignores all boosts to critical damage
    Shooting Rush Cooldown increased by 1.5 at all ranks
    All training requirements decreased by 75%
    Bullet Storm Cooldown decreased to 10 at rank 1.

Bard:
    Battlefield Overture now gives 20 max damage + 2.5 per level of Music Buff
    Lullaby Duration is [Skill Rank + Music Buff + Duration Reforge] * [Player Combat Power / Monster Combat Power
    Lullaby ends immediately 3 seconds after the Bard stops playing regardless of listed duration
    Just revert everthing to pre g13 while you're at it

Formerly known as Psy
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Spirit Weapon System

Read the changes in the spoiler below before my reasoning:
     Spirit Weapon Changes

People often misunderstand what I want out of Spirit Weapons, and it's hard to explain. So I made this list so hopefully it is easier to understand. My main gripe with Spirit Weapons is that's its too much about developing an item, and it's too heavily feeding-based in order for it to grow. It also lets you interact with the Spirit but gives you no incentive to do so. This satisfies growth, as well as making it less about weapon development. Mabinogi to me has always been about character development, it hasn't been until C3 and C4 that it became so focused on items, and item development. Spirit Weapons are also either overpowered (Spirit Fire Wands + Firebolt Spam, though that's mainly due to Firebolt) or underpowered (demonic weapons, dragon weapons, divine weapons, celtic weapons), this allows them to go on the new weapons so all the effort you spent isn't completely useless. So it's back to a level moreso of character development. Some other issues I have with spirit weapons is that they aren't very customizable and most of the Spirits are little b***hes. This satisfies that requirement by letting you choose appearances and choose personalities. If you want your Spirit to be a b***h, it can. If you want it to be moody, it can. If you want it to be shy, it can. This update also encourages using high grade weapons and not just any shitty weapon you find. Grind for the materials and do business with a blacksmith to create an excellent vessel for your spirit. So although I made it more about the Spirit development and less about item development, you can still work on the weapon itself, and transfer the weapon through the same methods as before.

One thing to note though, this update did NOT buff the amount of benefit you get from leveling a Spirit, or uncap it. If anything, it should be left alone, or nerfed. This update actually makes weapons potentially more OP than before possible if you spend the effort, they don't need to be buffed up even more.

Upgade System

Read the changes in the spoiler below before my reasoning:
     Upgrade Changes

This system sounds so simple in my head but people always have trouble getting what I mean. If you weren't able to tell yet, this is based on pokemon breeding. If you still didn't understand what this was, I hope that helped explain it. This is how pokemon breeding works. For those people who complained about my ideas for Spirit Weapons ruined Item Progression in favor of Character Progression. This is especially for those of you who get pissed off each time a new weapon comes out and you give up your old weapon in favor of it. This is also for all those blacksmiths who make really quality obscure items that nobody wants whilst training. (Not to mention manuals that are really rare but the product is shit, so their rarity is previously pointless.) When playing Pokemon, my favorite part was always chain breeding pokemon, especially when transferring moves from a certain egg group and type to another completely unrelated one. I kind of think raising a good wand, and ending it with a chaincast upgrade, then transferring that onto a Phoenix Feather Sword, then transferring that to other swords would be fun, but the potential of cross-typing upgrades could potentially get OP so it might just be better to disable that specifically for weapons with more than one type (Shyllien Knuckles).

The first step, like in Pokemon, is envisioning what it is you want. Do you want the best Pilgrim's Sword possible? Start by figuring out what upgrades you want, some upgrades on blacksmithed items are better than on nonblacksmithed items, and higher grade blacksmith items are even better. Figure out which item you need for what step, create deals with your blacksmith, or tailor if your chaining clothing upgrades, perhaps for magic attack? Spend effort getting the materials for each weapon, raising their prof, upgrading them, destroying them, repeat the process and put it on a new high quality item you blacksmithed that has another upgrade you want, and follow this system until you are prepared to put it on your final, highgrade/statroll item. Personalize this item, dye it, enchant it, reforge it, special upgrade it, ego it? And when there's a new weapon you'd rather have, transfer your ego onto a different weapon, burn this weapon for its enchants and upgrades, and prepare your new highgrade/statroll weapon to have them transferred in. This system sounds genuinely fun to me.

On a balancing note, I'm not sure if "Phantom Items" should be untradable or not. And yes I'm bad at naming things, but Fragmentation was already a thing so. . . I doubt devcat will ever do something like this, but it's fun to imagine. I also hope this clears up what people thought about my spirit weapon system idea. Some things that should be mentioned, my post did not address Spirit Weapon Awakening, and I'm not sure what really needs to be done to it. People I've talked to about this also suggested making a "Magic Upgrades" form, there takes up the same slots as but work differently than regular Upgrades, but this post is just my ideas in the most basic sense. In addition, I didn't talk about the upgrade system to that many people, but I talked about the Spirit Weapon ideas to a LOT of people, and almost everyone unanimously agree with all or 70% of those changes.
    Last edited by Kapra; 01-25-2015 at 06:07 AM.

+ Reply to Thread