+ Reply to Thread
Page 400 of 470
FirstFirst ... 398 399 400 401 402 ... LastLast
Results 3,991 to 4,000 of 4693

Thread: New weapon, skills, items, and tweaks you'd like to see!~

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Caroo View Post
    stupid blue haired fairies

Doth the sidhe?

On a more serious note, in alpha testing in mabi way back when there actually was Sidhe in the game. But obviously it never made it into the beta/public builds. And for a long time I never really understood why, but it kind of makes sense. According to celtic myth, after the Milesians invade Ireland, they overthrow then dominant Tuatha de Dannan, and forced them to live underground. It was there, underground, that the Tuatha evolved into the creatures known as the Sidhe and created the realm of Avalon/Faerie. I'm not sure what the story of the Alpha was, but it kind of wouldn't make sense for Sidhe to be in mabi if there are still Tuatha there (as it still is in the final product), unless they pull a generation where the Tuatha begin to evolve into a higher form and antagonize the milletians (which to be honest they have been doing in saga 1).

On another note, Mabinogi 2 was going to take place in Avalon, so in all likelyhood that game would have taken place after the at first benevolent invaders known as the Milesians overthrow the Tuatha regimes.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotTwin View Post
    Tumble now dodges at the same rate of the user's Evasion rank.Tumble's travel distance is reduced to 500 default, but can be ''charged'' like Ice Bolt during flipping animations.How many times the user charges Tumble,the user will flip again.

Base use (1 charge) = 500

2 charges = 1000

3 charges = 1500 (base probably would need reducing, but 3 is the max)

Recovery is based on Agility and Tumble rank.Heavy Armor, Heavy weapons,Shields and Light Armor (slight,but noticable) nerfs Tumble's recovery and dodging rate.

Tumble is moved into Combat Tab,and no longer is considered a teleporting skill when dealing with placement.

Edit: Charged Tumble increases cooldown.Esc can cancel anytime to stop Tumble similar to Evasion,but ending lag will still apply.Spaming it to much places the user into a dizzy status that can be lowered by Will
    I kind of like the general idea of your changes, but the one thing that bothers me about this is that, since Tumble charges like Icebolt and not skills like Blaze, that means you have to manually click on the floor to activate Tumble (like windmill, wheras Blaze is more like shockwave). That tiny change would have a big impact on Tumble's usage, I feel. If it charged like Focused Fist then I'd be all for it.
    Last edited by Kapra; 03-24-2015 at 09:49 PM.

Mabination User DefinitelyNotTwin has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Ninja
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapra View Post
    I kind of like the general idea of your changes, but the one thing that bothers me about this is that, since Tumble charges like Icebolt and not skills like Blaze, that means you have to manually click on the floor to activate Tumble (like windmill, wheras Blaze is more like shockwave). That tiny change would have a big impact on Tumble's usage, I feel. If it charged like Focused Fist then I'd be all for it.
    What I meant to say was STACKED similar to Ice bolt, not charged. It was late when I wrote that x__x

Anywho,charge is instant though, not a loading time.It could also be stacked during anytime of the animation.Can be cancelled at anytime to create short Tumbling.

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Post 2: I'd also like the idea of being able to reflect spells,some for balancing reasons. But that would require some indepth details for balancing, since I just though of that.
    Last edited by DefinitelyNotTwin; 03-25-2015 at 12:40 AM.

If fitting in means doing wrong,I rather be a outcast. I'm always glad having true people with meh :D

Guilty Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Something
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    ItsAGuild
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Puriteee
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    New Dual Gun skill added:

Mana Bullet Conversion:
    -Can be turned on or off (like chain cylinder).
    -In the case the player runs out of mana bullets in their current clip while this skill is active, it will instead substitute player Mana as substitute bullets. Reload can still be used while this skill is active to stop the effects of the mana substitution or the player can simply drain their mana and wait on using Reload.
    -Consumes 5 Mana per bullet fired.
    -Consumes durability the same way normal mana bullets would.
    -Keeps the damage bonus given by the type of bullets being used while the clip is empty and the skill is in use.
    -Cannot be used with Way of the Gun to increase its duration, however the player can use the skill after Way of the Gun has emptied the clip to continue to fire Mana Bullets as normal auto attacks.
    -If the player runs out of mana while using the skill, the skill will automatically deactivate.
    -The skill can be used with all other Dual Gun skills (excluding Way of the Gun).

Mabination User Daniel1235 has saved the goddess Daniel1235's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Daniel1235
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Rispetto
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    (Completed)
    Total renovation of master titles (I've made this one up from several ideas that ran both here and in nexon official forums):

Close Combat

Lance Combat

Archery

Magic

Cleric

Battle Alchemy

Transmutation

Martial Arts

Edits: ...
    Final Edit: Max notes per thread reached. For the next thread in order, press here...
    Last edited by Daniel1235; 05-08-2015 at 07:01 PM. Reason: Done!+Shrinking a bit :D

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Daniel1235 View Post
    Total renovation of master titles (I've made this one up from serveral ideas that ran both here and in nexon offical forums):
    • Master of Combat now adds elemental-like damage bonus that cannot be nullified by all those elemental immunity mosters but it is quite low (~15% bonus)(only applies to melee and ranged, much like elemental)and adds same defense and protection as the current Master of Shields (master of shields will be renovated too).
    • Master of Defense adds 1000 defense and magic defense (protection and magic protection does not get add-up except from masteries, stats and etc.)
    • Master of Counterattack multiplies by 1.5 more to damage from enemy and x3 from self and if counter is activated successfully, it grands invulnerability from the reamining of the animation.
    • Master of Smash multiplies damage by 2 and if effect has been apllied; damage from bleed, duration of slince and amount of defense and protection reduced are all multiplied by 2.
    • Master of Windmil multiplies damage by 2 and adds +200 to radius(+50 if equipped with knuckles) and +50% (makes it 200%) to range.
    • Master of Assault Slash +100% instead of +50% to assault slash damage.
    • Master of Charge increases damage done by charge (and splash) by +50%.
    • Master of Evasion increases minimum evesion rate to 100%, making all evades successful.
    To be contiuned...
    Abso-fuckin'-lutely not.

Way too overpowered.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Daniel1235
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Rispetto
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    Abso-fuckin'-lutely not.

Way too overpowered.
    Firstly, im not done. Secondly, it only applies when you wear them master titles. It's not like i ask the skills to be that much overpowerd. But I guess I could tune it down a bit...

Guilty Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara is a Nation Alchemist Syliara's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Something
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    ItsAGuild
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Puriteee
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Total renovation of master titles (I've made this one up from serveral ideas that ran both here and in nexon offical forums):
    • Master of Combat now adds elemental-like damage bonus that cannot be nullified by all those elemental immunity mosters but it is quite low (~15% bonus)(only applies to melee and ranged, much like elemental)and adds same defense and protection as the current Master of Shields (master of shields will be renovated too).
    • Master of Defense adds 1000 defense and magic defense (protection and magic protection does not get add-up except from masteries, stats and etc.)
    • Master of Counterattack multiplies by 1.5 more to damage from enemy and x3 from self and if counter is activated successfully, it grands invulnerability from the reamining of the animation.
    • Master of Smash multiplies damage by 2 and if effect has been apllied; damage from bleed, duration of slince and amount of defense and protection reduced are all multiplied by 2.
    • Master of Windmil multiplies damage by 2 and adds +200 to radius(+50 if equipped with knuckles) and +50% (makes it 200%) to range.
    • Master of Assault Slash +100% instead of +50% to assault slash damage.
    • Master of Charge increases damage done by charge (and splash) by +50%.
    • Master of Evasion increases minimum evesion rate to 100%, making all evades successful.

To be contiuned...
    Firstly, im not done. Secondly, it only applies when you wear them master titles. It's not like i ask the skills to be that much overpowerd. But I guess I could tune it down a bit...
    Reason he says its overpowered is because it really is.... If you have seen some of the damage most skillsets can already push ud realize how ridiculous those titles would make them.

Master of Combat one would make things like lances (and in the future FH) do absurd amounts of damage on top of the already pretty high damage it can do.
    Master of Defense would make ur character literally impossibly to kill almost considering that most things arent doing 1000 damage hits to you.
    Master of Counter would make u able to basically solo most things by just spamming counter with those multipliers thrown in.
    Master of Smash would make smash able to do ridiculous amounts of damage considering a lot of people can smash 30~50k in certain situations that arent barrier spikes and thats without that 2x multiplier thrown in.
    Master of Windmill would make windmill about the only aoe skill needed and make people doing 10k windmills a commonplace.
    Master of Assualt slash is w/e but I think 50% is a bit high.
    If Master of charge only applies to normal charge then thats not ridiculous.
    Master of Evasion is uhh.... Correct me if I'm wrong but the skill is still capped at r6 isnt it? Even if it werent I could see maybe a 10% increase but honestly its a kinda meh skill right now.....

In any case, I think kaeporo said it a bit harsh mainly because of how ridiculous its potential can be if you have seen the numbers people can already push out with those skills. Unfortunately it would completely destroy any difficulty this game has at the moment. If you were to fix it u will need to completely scale all of that down A LOT.
    Last edited by Syliara; 03-26-2015 at 07:24 AM.

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    As a general rule of thumb, you don't want to further improve items which already centralize the metagame.

Counterattack, Charge, and Evasion are good. Assault Slash already increases damage by 100%, unless your intention is for the master title to double its damage output. Combat would render everything else obsolete, with the exception of Smash, which would render pretty much all skills aside from Smash obsolete.
    Last edited by Kaeporo; 03-26-2015 at 07:39 AM.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Daniel1235
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Rispetto
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    i fixed it a little and added more.

Edit: I see my mistakes and made corrections... My point is to make master titles as useful as the ace update ones.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Something
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    ItsAGuild
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Puriteee
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    i fixed it a little and added more.

Edit: I see my mistakes and made corrections... My point is to make master titles as useful as the ace update ones.
    A lot of those titles are still pretty ridiculously overpowered.... There is a way to make titles useful without making them extremely broken. Those would be fun to mess around with a bit but would probably cause the death of any challenging content in mabi in the long run :/

+ Reply to Thread