+ Reply to Thread
Page 403 of 470
FirstFirst ... 401 402 403 404 405 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 4693

Thread: New weapon, skills, items, and tweaks you'd like to see!~

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekkii View Post
    The people who actually die in these dungeons don't need to have all their rewards taken away, what does that add?
    I didn't say dungeons except abyss. I purposely excluded dungeons because they don't even offer much.

Quote Originally Posted by DefinitelyNotTwin View Post
    Don't make meh laugh,stop it. you're too funny.

First of all, Why not use stun-pet as an argument if it effects game play so much? Its a pointless effect if you don't remove a core issue. You're basically trying to create challenge without taking out a element that removes it. So it's not gonna work out well brah.

Second, HIGH-leveled people with their own special groups spam MA, and conflict. beginners or mid can't .So unless you have some strong friends,you're sticking with mediocre to decent rewards. Plus if you have a decent party, barely anyone dies in MA because stun-pets will save you, and Puppeteer will man-handle it, Rain cast will ignore aggro,lullaby stop things and Hydra just sits there. What about abyss though?their rewards are bad 95% of the time.Lord missions? mainly for giving useless demonic pieces to weapons no-one makes because saga 1.Not to mention you can only do it three times a RL day.and Raids aren't even a option unless you have a lot of people (maybe one or two massively reforged players).

Speaking of raids,Even Vindictus got this part right to a point and their answer for mobs that can't be knocked back is dodging or tanking soo..why is our future character's best defensive course of action just running out of range,taking massive damage and pot chugging,or just dying?

Unless you're a giant, tanking bosses suck.It's gameplay also serves little propose, and that's what I'm talking about now. And real tanks defend everyone , not just themselves. It'd be cool if tankers focused players got contributing points by tanking and save others.Strength to defense needs a nerf though.probably 10 > 20 or 25.
    If anything those overpowered concepts just needs to be nerfed. Even if they exist, I feel that they shouldn't be used as an argument since we all know and agree they need to be toned down.

That's why I said basic and int missions aren't affected. Newbies shouldn't even be doing adv or higher until they're strong enough. I do agree that the game needs to be more challenging. Are abyss and lord rewards really that shit, even though people still run them?

The only survival skills I would have buffed are Wind Guard being allowed to walk, Taunt massively buffed and learnable by everyone, Magic Shields compatible with Spellwalk (since Belisha and Yui doesn't cause stationary), and of course uncaps.

Mabination User DefinitelyNotTwin has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Ninja
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboy132 View Post
    I didn't say dungeons except abyss. I purposely excluded dungeons because they don't even offer much.
    The purpose of revamps are to make things more interesting and useful doh

If anything those overpowered concepts just needs to be nerfed. Even if they exist, I feel that they shouldn't be used as an argument since we all know and agree they need to be toned down.
    Well that's good you agree with me on that, but that one nerf doesn't fix the game entirely.I feel Mabi's structure should be nerfed,rebalanced, and rebuilt back on why we all love Mabi.

That's why I said basic and int missions aren't affected. Newbies shouldn't even be doing adv or higher until they're strong enough. I do agree that the game need
    to be more challenging. Are abyss and lord rewards really that shit, even though people still run them?
    Hardmode max is 1k, and Nexon consider people 1~1k beginner (since their beginner package last that long)

I don't know about you alexinens, but the people I know only run lords for the dailies , and Peaca abyss once for the title.Probably once or twice for kicks. But seeing Abyss peaca is like looking at everything I've seen already. It's filled with recycled monsters,and a cheap boss with bad rewards.It's not anything I'd be personally excited to run after I got the title. Can you honestly say that Abyss is worth spaming with it's reward list?

The only survival skills I would have buffed are Wind Guard being allowed to walk, Taunt massively buffed and learnable by everyone, Magic Shields compatible with Spellwalk (since Belisha and Yui doesn't cause stationary), and of course uncaps.
    That's ..not really a quality revamp.at all :(

but still..basically what I said and not to sound cocky,but kinda worse in a sense.Heres why;

Even though Wind Guard is a tanking skill, it's cool down is far to long to be dependable. And the loading charge may allows the user to stand up, it doesn't reduce damage.Tankers need Three skills,all standered.(And keep in mind, just because new skill are added, doesn't mean you have to hotkey them all. Just do keys that fits your play style)

1.Counter strike:Shield bash (Useful for setting up follow up skills, and debuffing having a somewhat chance to daze,which is rebalanced too.Can be used after a successful block)Example
    Defense > Counter strike > Devastating Strike (Stuns target, mace only reset )Normal attack > Smash
    Basic Chain with two simple weapons in your first slot. Mace and Shield

2.Guard:Advanced Defense that blocks multi attacks. Best used against Magic and ranged users when charge is down.If the user's guard bar is drained, Guard is broke and open to attack.Can be fairly easy to break with melee, which is why the user has to react quick. Still reliable enough to take on multi mobs while retaining a good level of offensive attack, unlike Impenetrable.

3. Impenetrable (Think of Brume's Unbreakable from LoL Also act as a Shield wall when stationary, so it becomes stronger defensive wise and slightly with more people) This Shield technique is purely defensive and harder to break than Guard

4.Charge Versatility change: Shield charge can now block magic and range. Actually stuns users and players.All races can use,but non-shield version will be greatly nerfed defensive wise *giants being the best of course in that*

-Shieldless charge reforge is now damage reduction reforge.
    -New Shield Stat : Recovery. This improves defensive skills so you can effectively react quicker from a normal or smash attack

If fitting in means doing wrong,I rather be a outcast. I'm always glad having true people with meh :D

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Getting knocked unconscious now decreases mission rewards:
    • Basic/Int: Not affected.
    • Adv: Every 1 KO = 5% rewards lost, maximum of 25%.
    • Hard: 1 KO = 10% rewards lost, maximum of 50%.
    • Elite: Hard + 7 KOs = Auto fail.
    • Lord/Abyss/NPC: Hard + 5 KOs = Auto fail.
    My problem with this is, well,
    • A: This applies to missions and not dungeons. If anything it should be the other way around. Dungeons allow for infinite self revival but missions requires you to ask others for help or seek assistance from out of instance players.
    • B: The main group of people this hurts is the exact target demographic you DON'T want to make things even harder on. If people are struggling in adv and hard missions, you don't want to punish them even more for it. You should reward them for leaving their comfort zone and doing something not easily manageable.
    • I feel like this shouldn't apply to Adv and Hard missions. Elite could have a penalty but make it way more lenient than that. Abyss/Lord's penalty sounds understandable, but 5 KOs is way too low of a number. Make it like 10 or 15. If people are able to coordinate doing a difficult mission with only 5 KOs, then they should be rewarded for their teamwork not penalized for their deaths. And I don't feel like Tourny is in the same ballpark as the other two.
    Last edited by Kapra; 03-28-2015 at 09:37 PM.

Mabination User Daniel1235 has saved the goddess Daniel1235's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Daniel1235
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Rispetto
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    (For the previous thread, press here...)

Hey again... Sorry that I had to make a new thread to continue my total master title renovation...

Anywaaaaaaaaay moving on...

Music

Puppetry

Dual Gun

Ninja

Adventure

Mercantile

Cooking

Medicine

Carpentry

Tailoring

Blacksmithing

Small Things I Forgot to Mention...

Notes

Edits:...
    Final Edit: Done!!!!!!!!!!! PM me if I forgot anything and shoot your comments away.
    P.S.: PHEW! that is a long thread.

(Completed)
    Last edited by Daniel1235; 05-08-2015 at 07:12 PM. Reason: Done!+Shrinking a bit :D

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Campfire:
    • Player Accommodation cap removed.
    • Load time removed.
    • Ranged and Magic can attack over/through the Campfire, on both the player's and monster's end. If anything it should be Barrier Spikes as a defensive measure, not some flaming pit.
    • Duration increased to 5 min at Rank Novice, 6 min at Ranks F-D, 7 min at ranks C-A, 8 min at Ranks 9-6, 9 min at ranks 5-2, and 10 min at rank 1.
    • Stamina and Rest Wound regeneration bonus now occurs from just being near the campfire at Rank 5.
    • Regeneration bonuses now stack with Chairs.
    • Starting at Rank 9, Campfire can be turned into a "Used Firewood" or "Used Campfire Kit", whatever was used to make it, by right-clicking on the fire. Duration will stop ticking until it is remade.
    • MabiLand/Doki Doki buff from Campfire (HP, MP, SP, Str, Dex, Int, Will, Luck, Damage, Crit, Def, Magic Def, Prot, Magic Prot, and Combat EXP) is now a permanent addition onto Campfire skill.
      • Does not occur at Rank Novice.
      • Every rank gives 10 HP, MP, and SP, maxing at 150 at Rank 1 (+50 from current bonuses)
      • Every rank gives 2 Str, Dex, Int, Will, Luck, and Min/Max Damage, maxing at 30 at Rank 1 (+10 Str, Dex, Int, Will, and Luck, +30 min damage, unchanged max damage from current bonuses)
      • Starting at Rank A, every rank gives +5% Combat EXP, maxing at 50% at Rank 1 (unchanged from current bonuses)
      • Starting at Rank A, every rank gives 1 Defense and Magic Defense, maxing at 10 at Rank 1 (+5 from current bonuses)
      • Starting at Rank 5, every rank gives 1% Critical, 1 Protection, and 1 Magic Protection, maxing at 5 at Rank 1 (unchanged from current bonuses)
      • Buff duration is 5 minutes at ranks F-B, and increases by 1 minute every rank after, maxing at 15 minutes (-15 min from current duration)
      • Waiting time lowered to 5 min at Ranks F-D, 4 min at ranks C-A, 3 min at Ranks 9-6, 2 min at ranks 5-2, and 1 min at rank 1.
      • Only one buff is given per campfire.

Barrier Spikes / Summon Golem:
    • Starting at rank 9, Spikes and Golem can be reverted back into a "Used Barrier Spike Crystal" or a "Used Summon Golem Crystal", respectively, by right-clicking them. Duration will stop ticking until it is remade, but retains their Health. These crystals cannot be sold to Eabha.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 03-31-2015 at 05:09 AM.

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Campfire:
    • Accommodation cap removed.
    Accommodation cap?

Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapra View Post
    Accommodation cap?
    Players Accommodated or w/e the Wiki says.

Mabination User DefinitelyNotTwin has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Total Level
    4xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Ninja
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Campfire:
    That reminds me, before players were strong enough to do whatever they wanted, hiding behind a campfire for defense was a decent option.Like for G1 and G3. Why does a campfire tank better than meh tank geared player,Nexon..

If fitting in means doing wrong,I rather be a outcast. I'm always glad having true people with meh :D

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Because a campfire requires at least minimal strategy, but just grinding cash and grinding up the stats of equipment doesn't take any effort on the battlefield.

I think the focus should be moved from tanking/taking damage to avoiding/redirecting damage, which is what campfires fulfilled in the past. In an ideal world, if you used evasion, the enemies attack would attack the player or monster behind where you were if there was any other targets in the range, or tumble would cause the enemy to attack another nearby target instead, or simply cause the enemy to lose balance. (If you put tumble in the same category as evasion.)

If DevCAT is going to do something as radical as revolutionize tanking and readjust mobs to compensate, I'd rather they instead spend their efforts on updating monster attacks, and adjusting existing skills, and adding new skills, specifically aimed at dodging those attacks and taking things like timing or strategy to pull off, like what they're trying to do with the Apostles but not just applying to one specific monster.

Don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against armor/shields, but I think they should take a page from weapons. Where armor/shields don't just add passive abilities, but instead allow you to use active abilities that you couldn't use if you didn't have that equipment. I believe passive abilities shouldn't be used to justify the use of an entire type of equipment, instead to tier up equipment (so an NPC bought armor isn't as effective as an armor only obtainable through blacksmithing).
    Last edited by Kapra; 03-31-2015 at 02:54 AM.

Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    IMO, Campfire shouldn't be an obstacle to ranged and magic anymore. That should be Barrier Spikes' job, not some flaming pit.

+ Reply to Thread