View Poll Results: Which Bow do you think is better?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Human turned Elf! Crossbow

14 41.18%
  • The "Elves" Short Bow

6 17.65%
  • Moooooooo!

14 41.18%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Bow is better? Elven Short Bow or Crossbow?

The Assassin Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm the dragon knight Yanm's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Yanm
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Night
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Yanm
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Radiant
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold

Which Bow is better? Elven Short Bow or Crossbow?

Hello fellow Mabinogians. This poll is about the Elven Short Bow and the Crossbow. Some people may have noticed that these bows are actually very similar. Elven Short Bows have their 10-41 damage and 36/39% crit and 1400 range/1500 range, along with their 9-32 damage, 47% crit, and 1400 range and Crossbows have their 25-27/15-37 damage and 43% crit and 1500/1100 range. Adding on enchants such as Lizard Spike and Lizard Revolver to both bows we have:
    Elven Short Bow
    13-55 damage
    46/49% crit
    1400/1500 range

Elven Short Bow
    12-46 damage
    57% crit
    1400 range

Crossbow
    29-35/19-45 damage
    64% crit
    1500/1100 range
    This question is for humans and elfs. In your opinion, which bow do you think is better? In my own personal opinion, I like the Crossbow better. I have tried out both a 190 same range Crossbow and a 103 Elven Short Bow. I like the Crossbow better as a human because it allows me to run with AR/range along with being able to magnum spam a monster to death. As far as elfs go, as much as Elven Short Bows are epic, the low stun would bother me a bit and I think the higher crit would be better......
    Well, my opinion is done. *Awaits everyone elses*
    Last edited by Yanm; 07-15-2010 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Fail spelling errors and forgot to add the Elven Short Bow crit path.

You fools would dare to challenge the king of light and darkness? So you choose to do and so you shall feel my wrath!

Goals:r1 Bow Mastery(r1), r1 Shock(F), r1 Crossbow Mastery(rF), r1 FH (x), r1 CM (x), r1 Smash (x), r1 Alchemy Mastery (x), r1 Weaving(x), r1 Axe Mastery(x), r8 First Aid(x), r1 Frozen Blast(r5), r1 Barrier Spikes(x), r6 Mana Shield (r8),

Panda. Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science is a Nation Alchemist Science's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Maoru
    Guild
    Sake
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Egesta
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    π
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Crossbow since I use a human and crit isn't a bad thing :D

Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide is friends with Cichol Cide's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Adriele
    Total Level
    10xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Odious
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    elven short, especially the neid-dropped ones. * V* they're pretty a+ for zeroshooting.

edit: also, i are elf so crossbows don't have as much of a benefit to me as they would a human player. :U

Homicide of Elegant || 50xx || Alexina ~ retired
    Adriele of Odious || 15xx || Ruairi

Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist Zid is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    With these options, the only choice I have is Zero Shot, so...

If I was an Elf, I would get the Elven Short Bow, since the Fast speed I can negate with a faster Ranged Attack load time. 49% Critical is not bad, along with 55 dmg. 1500 range is a nice bonus.

But since I'm a Human, the modified Crossbow option you gave is more appealing. Plus, I love my Criticals too.

Mabination User Talitha has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    If one wants to use an elven short bow for crit, it can get up to 69% crit with the 127 path (47% crit), lizard (10% crit), and melody (12% crit suffix). Elven short bows drop with melody already enchanted on them from Tara shadow missions. It does sacrifice some damage though, to get to that 69% crit.

I don't have a lot of experience with either of the paths listed for either bow. :x I personally prefer range when I attack stuff with human archery, so I'd choose the elven short bow, as a human. I don't have a lot of experience with elves. xD
    Last edited by Talitha; 07-14-2010 at 01:29 AM.

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Human:
    (Upgraded) Elven long bow, guardian bow, crossbow, wing bow, elven short bow
    (Spirit) Leather long bow, crossbow, ring bow, wing bow

Elves shouldn't use crossbows.

Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus the master of posting Zyrus's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Zyrus
    Total Level
    10k+
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Ewecania
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    Human:
    (Upgraded) Elven long bow, guardian bow, crossbow, wing bow, elven short bow
    (Spirit) Leather long bow, crossbow, ring bow, wing bow

Elves shouldn't use crossbows.
    Guardian is Elf bow only.
    Zyrus of Alexina

Retired

Θ ε Θ Zeo the wise Zeo the wise Zeo the wise Zeo the wise Zeo the wise Zeo the wise Zeo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    I'd prefer to use Crossbow on BOTH humans and elves. Elves misses too much with short bow and long bows for me. x.o
    Uhh... here's my Mabination pets? :v

Mabination User hengsheng120 the noob elemental master
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    It's ok for human + AR, (definitely not ranged attack) , but neither bow is good for elves, unless you are certain that you have no elf lag (and also lagless) and can execute moving sogs flawlessly. the short range will make you miss a lot, guaranteed. shorter ranges means much more reduction in aiming speed when you knock the monster back, which especially applies to elves because they can't Stun-Cancel the monster and just keep knocking it back.

hammer.
    Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I like my stun time. Especially in case of lag or miss. I prefer longer range (faster aim) and steady knock-back, but if I had to choose between the two, I think I'm more of a Crossbow person. Continuous Zero shotting isn't really my style. I only use it when I have to (i.e. I missed and the monster got dangerously close).

+ Reply to Thread