Remove this ad by logging in
Rebalancing Heat Buster Ideas.
- Ignore Protection for Crit Rate. Since it does splash damage, its best to be able to crit with it. The splash damage of HB could aggro other monsters since it's only 50% damage of the HB.
- Heat Buster counts as a offensive alchemy. You must use 4 consecutive Offensive Alchemy skills for the skill to become active. After using a Heat Buster, you only need to use 3 more. If you take too long to, it goes back to 4.
- (Instant Load. Why? The pressure of the cylinder can disappear right when you're loading it. Happens to me sometimes. Very annoying.
- Longer pressure duration. So the pressure won't disappear so easily.)
- Longer range at Rank 5 and Rank 1. The animation after shooting it makes you unable to use any skill. Having a longer range when shooting Heat Buster allows you to escape from aggro or give you enough time to set up a skill against aggro.
Eh what do you guys think? :x
These ads help pay for mabination, get rid of them by donating
I think it's fine the way it currently is, Thught the Crit-Prot part we could use..
Lol. Right? :x Its hard for me to get more crit cause most of the enchants I use are fire alchemic so its hard. Cowboy enchant came so I lost a ectasy..
Originally Posted by Tropacat
All of those ideas are solid with me.
However, you could replace the last idea with invulnerability frames, just like Blaze and how you can't use skills or move for a while right after you launch it.
Just needs more love, really. It seems fine and doesn't need to be meddled with, but it's rare to see someone pop one, much less see actual painful damage from it.
Last edited by Rin; 05-28-2012 at 09:22 AM.
I wouldn't mind the whole bypassing Protection for Critical Chance. It would make it much much nicer.
As others said, its fine as it is but there could be minor adjustments added to it to make it that much nicer!
I use it whenever I have it ready and its most convenient
Don't get me wrong, I love using heat buster, I always use it when it pops up on my combo card after I use WC 5 times.
My tidalwave cylinder doesn't effect the dmg much, but its really nice with a tower cylinder.
If Heat buster ignore prot when crit, then I demand smash, magnum, hailstorm to ignore prot when crit as well. They all do splash damage by your logic, so they should get it as well.
Originally Posted by Noxctis
Smash and Magnums AP aren't as high as Heat Buster. Hailstorm doesn't need to have other skills used 4 times for it to be used like Heat Buster. Heat Buster's splash rate is very horrible too. Very small where Hailstorm could do considerable damage even if it doesn't crit, since it has charges.
Originally Posted by iloveyou
This is just a re-balancing idea. Calm down. o.o
Needs the original Crit flyback animation as well. I loved that back when Heat Buster first came out.
As for these rebalance ideas, I'd say they're pretty good, especially the ignoring protection when critting part.