Things Nexon has done right lately
I have been one of the harshest critics of Nexon for years and with good reason. They have not managed a wonderful product all that well. Recently, I have seen some changes and would like to recognize that work with some positive notes along with further improvements that could be made.
1. Communication : Recently they have been far more open about issues and how they are trying to fix them. They don’t always get this right but communication in the last few months has been 1000% better than in the past. Keep improving in this area. Thank you Sabina and staff who have helped this happen.
2. Using volunteers for forum moderators, in game monitors (soon I think), and test server (soon to come). Mabinogians love their game and using them as a resource can only help you. Thank you for listening to this suggestion (which I among many have made).
3. Server Stability: Recently you lowered the amount of players that can be on a given channel. This has helped tremendously with channel crashing. It can be annoying to find market and busy channels marked as full BUT this is a step in the right direction. Good work.
4. Removal of most game breaking modding. While several people with good modding skills are still able to do some game breaking things they are keeping it to themselves and not affecting the community. You eliminated the major threats.
5. Adding new content like merchant destiny and fighter destiny. Mabinogi was pretty stale for a couple years with little real new content (mostly fluff). Keep adding new content and older players like me will keep playing rather than quit when there is nothing left to do.
6. Fashionogi tab: This was an excellent idea that allows players to look good and save space. Truly one of the best ideas to come around in a long time. Beauty shop is a pretty good idea too, although benefits are still out on that. Add more customization and you could have another big winner.
7. Ticket response: It seems like you guys are finally getting tickets answered in a faster manner. There was never a good excuse for tickets that were older than two weeks let along two months. Keep working on this and consider adding a private message option (maybe a pay option so you can keep costs in line and we can get faster service).
I would like to thank you for all of those improvements. Mabinogi is more playable than it has been in over 1.5 years.
Here are some more improvements you should consider:
1. Lifeskills renewal 3.0: Make more items craftable in game. Increase the durability, damage, crit, def, prot of crafted items by far more than their NPC counterparts. Right now buying a smithed weapon is only for the hardcore players. You can easily get around on NPC gears. The hard work put into crafting often ends up just being stat skills. Add new items for handicraft to make the skill useful. Add new unique items for carpentry, tailoring, and blacksmithing that you can’t get any other way. Perhaps allow players in game to repair items based on their lifeskill ranks with rank 1 giving them 98-99% repair rates on those items. Use a similar system to entrusting enchants where the players can place reward for success in window.
2. Lag: The game is very graphics heavy on computers but the graphics are 2003. This makes no sense at all and is a major factor in the game. Without a new computer and excellent connection (less than 100 milisecond delay) this game is very hard to play at times. There is still some lag when hitting the “T” button to view pets. There is a lot of lag when merchanting. There is a lot of position lag from fighter/mage/alchemy sklls.
3. Dungeon renewals: Almost no one does dungeons anymore. The experience to time ratio is far less than you get doing shadow missions or other leveling methods. There needs to be some good ideas on how to make them relevant again presented.
4. More enchants need to be added for alchemy and magic.
5. Allow players to see combat power numbers without modding for it. This is just a helpful tool that allows players to adjust easier with CP gear to rank skills.
For those who TLDR: Nexon has been doing better but still has work to do.
Zyrus of Alexina
I posted this in nexon forums as well but wanted to get this communities response to what I said: