Remove this ad by logging in
So I had an idea for a spinoff... Safari Zone Tycoon.
You are the owner/manager of a Safari Zone in the Pokemon World. Yep, Pokemon Zoo Tycoon but focused more on the tours and stuff. And it has rides. The following are the notes/list I made on my iPod because I wasn't at a computer, so at some parts it sounds like the back of a game box, so excuse the advertisyness.
You have a plot of land, and plan on building it up to the greatest Safari Zone the world has ever seen.
• Each part of your safari zone can be customized with different biomes, attractions, and Pokemon.
• Different guest types, each with different goals in mind. Trainers want to catch Pokemon, Photographers want to capture images of Pokemon, families simply want to relax and see the Pokemon wildlife, etc.
• Have rare and legendary Pokemon featured at your safari zone.
• Every Pokemon has a special ability that could have adverse effects on your safari zone, ranging from simply stealing items from guests, to completely ravaging the landscape.
• Balanced nature environment, each area has a population of Pokemon that can change drastically depending on what you introduce into the environment. Ever try putting a bunch of predatory Pokemon in with only a small population of Rattata?
• Multiple guest sub-types. Trainers, for example, come in a variety of flavors. Such as Cool Trainers prefer powerful or rare Pokemon, while Breeders prefer to capture younger Pokemon. The Pokemon that are in your park will influence what guests come to visit.
• Notable Pokemon! Name and care for single, specific Pokemon until their Population grows into a number that can survive on its own.
• Pokemon populations have a specific needs, building the right attractions increases this rating.
• You have a Pokedex, that gets filled out with the new information as you observe Pokemon. Its more informative and complete than the mainstream Pokedex in the Pokemon RPGs.
• Different staff types, ranging from simple maintenance workers to Scientists.
• Guests can be injured, and require special staff to rescue them from danger.
• Research requires Scientists to observe Pokemon in the zone to see their behaviors, and decide what is needed in that area of the park.
• Micromanage each aspect at your will, ranging from what items shops sell, to what Pokemon your scientists observe, and what Pokemon your Park Rangers have with them.
• Rare and Legendary Pokemon can be added, raising the popularity of your safari zone.
• Build Guest Attractions like resteraunts, stores, and rides, but bewarned, too many can interfere with the habitat for your Pokemon, and can make trainers and photographers less happy. Though having lots of attractions can improve guest happiness.
• Construct exhibits to showcase Pokemon. This prevents them from being caught by trainers (under normal circumstances), but will remove the abilites of the contained Pokemon.
• Hire Rangers to police and protect guests, or leave the safari zone and capture Pokemon.
• Keep trained Pokemon to handle tasks (instead of paying staff) such as guest rescue, calming rampaging Pokemon, or even stealing from guests.
• Reputation system, having happy Pokemon and happy guests raises your popularity and makes you more money, while having unhappy Pokemon or having your trained Pokemon steal from guests can very quickly degrade your reputation.
• Random events, such as storms, simple thieves, or evil teams that want to steal all your Pokemon!
• Some Pokemon, when unhappy can start rampaging, which can mean danger for your guests and Pokemon! Send out your Rangers to capture or calm these Pokemon.
• Simplified Combat. This isn't the main aspect of the game. So you don't have direct control over battle, and there is no 'battle mode'. Each Pokemon has a type, defense/attack type, speed, health, and ability. They have no specific attacks. These would be represented in icons or high/medium/low rather than numbers. So a Pokemon like Machop might have the following.
Attack Type: Physical; High
Defense: Physical; Med
• You can train (certain) Pokemon for shows for your guests to view. Some legendary Pokemon can also be trained.
• You can build a trainer battle area, where trainers can battle. You can hire trainers and adjust their team, and you make a profit from the winnings.
• You can have Pokemon captured and brought to your Safari Zone, however this may degrade your reputation and popularity. You can attract wild Pokemon into your Safari Zone by building proper biome areas.
And that ends my list.
Other things would be that there would be a media system, where if word got out that you were having Pokemon steal things, it could damage your reputation and lower your popularity (which means less guests; and less money).
I wanted to do a bit more with Pokemon, so each has their own (simplified) abilities in battle. This keeps the focus on managing your park, instead of building teams and complete movesets for your workers teams. I wanted it to be where you select a few Pokemon per worker and not have to build movesets and junk.
The evil teams would be a random event that requires you to send your Rangers (sort of like the Dino Squad Guys from ZT) that would have to fight off the bad guys.
This game would have death in it. Pokemon can kill guests (and the guests shouldn't be that smart either), and Pokemon can kill other Pokemon for food (of course.)
So, the idea is a bit rough, what do you guys think?
These ads help pay for mabination, get rid of them by donating
THE GROUNDON HAS ESCAPED ITS EXHIBIT
Pretty much. I was thinking that too. Groudon should be rampage prone. XD
Originally Posted by BobYoMeowMeow
I thought about it, but I really hate the Safari Zone after HG/SS. Too much of a pain to get anything, even if you have the proper project alignment.
I would never want to manage a Safari Zone. :(
You could make a Safari Zone that doesn't suck? Or you could build it as a wildlife preserve type thing for guests that only want to look at/photograph Pokemon.
Originally Posted by Claudia
One thing I forgot to add would be that you could have an on/off switch for catching of specific Pokemon, so trainers won't walk off with that rare Pokemon you want to breed. So you could turn them all off and let nature happen. :D
Ooh, that sounds delightfully sadistic. I'll even put a step limit in like in the Hoenn Safari Zone and Kanto remakes. Fufufu.
Have fun catching them all in 500 steps...without Sweet Scent.