+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sooni's Guide to Tailoring! (Please claim back from me)

Frozen Yogurt
    Most helpful member of the year
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Sooni's Guide to Tailoring! (Please claim back from me)

Sooni's guide, I know the person is here but the guides aren't, please reclaim them from me. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Sooni
    every one i would like to take time to apologize for not having this guide set up like my weaving guide. unfortudently tailoring is very much different and i cant explain in details how to do tailoring "ex: do this 10000 times" so i took the liberty of simplifying it and giving you whats best to rank up.
    When starting out Mabinogi, most players and users notice that your already starting on lifeskills without even noticing. Even when life skills are incredibly hard to train theres a strange addiction to it that keeps pulling you in, because you can make your own materials and items.

If Weaving/Refining/Herbalore are only the first part of something much bigger you will get during on your future, such as Tailoring / Black smithing / and lastly Potion making as i call it the second part of life skills. What im going to talk about is tailoring!

Im guessing that most of you readers already read my guide to Weaving. You cut your own wool gather cobwebs and spinned silk and fabrics, even when thinking about that you accomplished this your heart starts beating with excitment! Well, now your going to hold a tailoring kit and start tailoring along with me :)

To create cloths you must have these of three materials. Leather, Silk, and Fabrics.

First of all, to get a hold of the tailoring skill you must hold a tailoring kit in your hands which can be also bought along with other types of materials such as finishing threads and basic fabrics. (Tir Chonail's Nora, Dunbartan's Walter, Emain Macha's Galvin, Kella's base camp's Epi)
    The cloth isnt going to be created just by holding a Tailoring kit. you must have the design of the cloth which can also be bought amonst NPCS i explained a little earlyer in the tab of Sewing Patterns.
    However for Magical clothing you must go to Fleta which resides in senmai 3way street (sorry i dont know the name of the map in english). she comes out every few hours and her respawn spots are random however if you find her she'll spawn there for rest of the day.
    For Special clothing such as Karis Wizard suit can only be dropped by a monster.

After you hold in your left hand the tailoring kit and right hand your sewing pattern you'll find what looks like any other life making skills.

When looking at the little box that popped up you'll find the succesion rate, how hard it is (rank), and lastly materials that is needed.
    Put only what it says on the box of materials such as Finest Fabric 0/1 you should only put 1 Finest fabric and other materials that says is required to continue. also if you look at the percentage rate on little up from the boxes of materials you'll see that only certain amount of percentages are listed. that means you'll only be able to finish that much of the process, continue this for several times until you get to 99,99% (incomplete "item"). If you want to make it 100% you must put in the finishing material and finish it.

For Tailoring and Black smithing the finishing job is incredibly important. depending on your skill on how well you clicked on the little square box and the X the grade of the finished cloth / or armor is decided and thats what decides the final products price. so this part is where you must want to pay attention because you wouldnt want to complete a Cores Thief suit and have a grade of F. because this is what decides your products price.

You must click properly on the finishing part to get your grade of cloth higher.

On clothing theres 3 types of material that will always go in, Fabric and silk, and Leather. however in some cases such as Bone Marine series you must have a special ingrediant like King crab's shell that can be obtained through failing in cooking the king crab.

As you know Silk and Fabric is created through Weaving. however Cheap and common fabric could be found in shops that sell tailoring materials.
    In cases like leather, only hunting certain types of monster would drop the grades of leather you are looking for. So trading with the users is a must.

Always do part time job of Dunbarton's clothing store. Because this helps you get your Rank of tailoring up. If your in the advanced section of the part time job he gives you 8th rank Light leather mail that could be used until you get to 7th rank. If your starting tailoring a part time job in clothing store is a must do.

Simon's clothing store is always filled with people that are doing tailoring!

Tailoring tips.

- for F, E, D, C, B, A (3 AP) per Rank is used, 9, 8, 7 5 AP per Rank, 6 Rank (3 AP), and lastly 5, 4, 3, 2 Rank uses (3 AP) per Rank,
    However 1st Rank uses 10 AP. for most of your ranks through out tailoring the bonus of Dex that gives per lvl is +1 however for rank 1 tailoring it gives you final +10 dex! so it costs more AP to train it from 2 to 1. The total AP used in Tailoring from F to 1 is 74, the amount of Dex you get is 24.

- If you want a Suceeded great or done well, you always want to do work that are 2 ranks above what you already have.
    (ex : if you want to succeed great at 8th rank you'd want to do 6rank sewing pattern of Professional Silk spinning gloves.) however if you just want to succeed you must do +1 rank of what you have ex: if you are F rank you'd want to be making E rank cloth. If you work on 2 rank below of your rank you could succeed but it would always count as Fail.

- When you reach C Rank You get the quest for Magician's hat, however the quest properly explains that he wants the Hat from a Rank "B" Tailorer. so be mind of this and do this only when your rank B. After your rank B and you are done. you must have all 30 Magician's hat in your inventory and it can be turned in to Malcolm of Tir Chonail. ( CAUTION: if you mix any other magicians hat with enchants on them Malcolm will still take whatever. so make sure you put what you use in bank before you turn this quest in )

- This is the Quality of Clothing you can get

-3/-3(Dur-3, Max Dur -3)
    -2/-2(Dur -2, Max Dur-2)
    -2 (Dur -2)
    2/1/2 (Def2/Protection1/Dur+2)
    2/1/3 (Def2/Protection1/Dur+3)
    2/1/4 (Def2/Protection1/Dur+4)
    2/1/5 (Def2/Protection1/Dur+5) - this can only be done by a rank 1 tailor
    2/2/4 (Def2/Protection2/Dur+4)
    2/2/5 (Def2/Protection2/Dur+5)
    2/2/6 (Def2/Protection2/Dur+6) - this can only be done by a rank 1 tailor
    3/2/5 (Def3/Protection2/Dur+5) - this cant be done yet
    3/3/5 (Def3/Protection3/Dur+5) - this cant be done yet

- TIP: you can put your name in the cloth you make! however you must have at least 9th rank tailoring and a grade of at least Def+2/Dur+5. for Gloves +1 Def, Unfortudently for hats this doesnt not apply.

Party Bonus Tip

- I know what most of you are thinking. You could collect up a party of 8 and wait until its monday and wait until its raining. However this does not raise up your succesion rate by alot.

For party bonus on tailoring theres a unusual type of party bonus. for tailoring party no matter how many people you have in your party they must at least have F rank tailoring and per person you have in your party is a 5% bonus to succeed rate and when the party is full its total of 7 people so its 35%.

Explaining the party bonus If you were creating Cores Thief Suit the normal succesion rate is 10% however per person you have in your party is a extra 5% x 7 person = 35%, so the extra succesion rate added is 10%'s 35% so meaning it would only truely add 3.5% in the succesion rate. in reality its 13.5% but .5% doesnt show up in the succesion rate so it just says 13%.
    even when you have 6 people its 13% even when you have 7 people its 13%.
    Explaining another one the basic succesion rate for Elabaster Skirt is 20% so when you have 7 person in your party when creating a Elabaster Skirt it would be 20%'s 35% so only 7% bonus is added and the total succesion rate of 27% is added.

- Fleta's sewing patterns are special, they need a special finishing materials that could be found through out Mabinogi.

Black Youth Potion - Black Succubus drop
    Red Potion - Red Succubus drop
    Green baby potion, Yellow Baby potion - Imp drop
    Magical Gold String - Rabbie lower final reward
    Magical Silver String - Alby lower final reward
    Foggy Silk - Runda Siren's Dungeon final reward

- The speicla sewing patterns that Fleta sells are limited by age and only fleta could fix it ( she has a succesion rate of 98% ).

- the Port NPC Murdin sells a special Sewing pattern also that materials could only be found by fishing, and if you have the material you must "Fail" the cooking in order to get the material.

King Crabs Shell - King Crab+Cellery (Boiling). If you fill kingcrabs just about full you could easily fail this.

Flying Fish's Scale - Flying Fish+Egg+Potatoe (Frying). Also if you fill it mostly with Flying fish you could easily fail this.

If you have 4th rank Tailoring you could have a bonus on hats for +1 Dur.

- After 4th rank your products will have special bonuses. 4th rank Hats would have bonus of +1 durability on hats, 3rd rank would have bonus of +1 durability on gloves and 2nd rank would have a +1 durability bonus on shoes and 1st rank can get +1 durability on everyting listed above.

Rank training tip.

- Until 9th rank it should be very easy to get up to 9th rank just by doing Clothing store part time job. if you get 9th rank tailoring it pretty much means that you have advanced Part time job in clothing stores.

- If you have reached 9th rank of tailoring and you want big succession on your products to get ranks up fast you must create Professional Silk spinning gloves ( 6th rank ).

- 9, 8, 7 Ranks normal succession Experiance could come off Light Leather mail (8 rank ) which can be done by doing a part time job in clothing store.[/QUOTE]

- for 7 Rank Big succession you must fill the 12/12 big succesion to be able to advance further, you could create 3rd Rank's Cores Thief Suit, Ring type Leather mini One Piece to get these big succesion, normally we'd have to do this until we make 2 ~ 4 of either one of those two. but You could also make Middle Class Leather armour, lets do this on your own pace and how much money you have, or how much material you could make.

- 6 Rank, 5 Ranks succession experiance could be easily done by 6th rank's Professional Silk spinning gloves, however it has a bad adventage of you being have to make/buy nearly 800 ~ 900 Finest Fabric. What i did for 6th rank is Bianca Drawers Layered Skirt, Or Luise Best wear (7rank), after you get 6th rank its best of idea to do Long Sword School Uniform (M), Bianca Drawers Layered Skirt,Type up Long boots (5 rank ) for succession. and For Big succesion its best of idea to use Cores Thief Suit (3 Rank), Ringtype Leather Mini Onepiece(3 Rank).

The hardest rank of them all the 4th Rank!

- 4th Ranks succesion could be achived by either one of these Middle class leather armour (5 Rank), Female Short Sword School Uniform (4 Rank) Cores Thief Suit (3 Rank), Ring type Leather Mini Onepiece (3 rank), Bone Marine Series (4 Rank) and finally the big succesion could only be done by Chic Suit which is incredibly hard to make and not to mention the materials needed.
    If you make about 7 ~ 8 Chic Suits the rank up should be easily be Obtainable. and Only doing Chic suits for Big succession the loss of money is incredibly large. Many players gave up on this rank because only doing chic suits have loss of incredibly large amounts of money and 4th rank tailorers must at least try 15 ~ 20 times to get 99,99%. so This rank its a best idea to go with just succession until you fill up all the experiance needed.

- 3rd Ranks Succession could be achived by Female Short Sword School Uniform (4 Rank), Bone Marine Armour Series (4 Rank), Cores Thief Suit (3 Rank), Ring type Leather Mini One piece (3 Rank), As most of you probably dont know 3rd ranks succession rate is too much to be achived (1500 times!) so for 3rd Rank you want to be looking at at least 60 chic suits to be made in order for you do be easily obtain 2nd rank (theres people who disagree's but be sure to remember this is my guide on tailoring ^_^) 3rd ranks succesion rate up too 99,99% is 14 ~ 15 times of repeating.

- 2nd Ranks Succesion could be achived by Cores Thief Suit (3rd rank), Ringtype Leather mini Onepiece (3rd Rank), High class leather armour(1 Rank), Chic suit (1 Rank), however whats so special about this rank is that big succesion is impossible no matter what Sewing pattern you use. so you must fill up the 1200 times of just pure succession and finishing and failing 960 times should be just about enough to get you to 1st Rank.

- 1st Rank. Im not gonna bother explaining how many times you need to do sucecsion rate fail succeed and so on because at this rate its almost nearly impossible for any players to get the master rank. ( well at least i havent achived it yet )

Finishing off...

Tailoring skill has been touched by just about every single players within the game. Why dont you try and get a 1st Rank Tailorer? and put your name on a clothing and show off within your entire server now think wouldnt you feel proud of your self if everyone in your server wore your clothing with YOUR name on it?

However Tailoring skill is still lacking improvements as we speaks. if you think theres still alot of clothings we want out there but cant create it with our selves because it hasnt been made into a sewing pattern yet. Also there isnt many boot patterns out, cept for the one we know which is Type up long boots, Devcat's been bragging about how we're going to improve Tailoring but havent even touched it in 2 years, and they said how they're going to put beautiful colors into cloth but havent done that in 1.5 years now, it still needs big improvement over the changes and we still cant create cloth / robes / leather armours we want to create by our selves. and devcat finally decided that they are not going to touch tailoring any longer and has been gone from production list for a long time now.

For Fighting skills there isnt really anymore to put then we already muchly have, but theres still loads of players out there that has rank 1 to something such as combat ranged or magic. I personally dont think that everyday problems for us tailors will just dissapear overtime but there are some players out there that are willing to take the challenge and get to 1st rank tailoring, i think that Tailoring should be simplified and everyone should be able to get it just like fighting skills.

Sorry for my bad english. feel free to correct me on what sounds wrong. i'll edit it and improve it.
    Current mood:
    Currently taking an extremely long vacation from Mabinogi.
    CN Mabi [Main Server] Server: Eavan ~ Human ~ KR Test server too, sometimes

永遠夢を閉じ込め �� �� EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams has tamed a desert dragon EndlessDreams's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    lol, I thought about posting his guide here, but I wanted to ask permission from him first. I guess you did it first, then ask permission/tell him to come claim it back.

Still a nice guide for the last few ranks.

Frozen Yogurt
    Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream the master of posting Yogurticecream's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessDreams View Post
    lol, I thought about posting his guide here, but I wanted to ask permission from him first. I guess you did it first, then ask permission/tell him to come claim it back.

Still a nice guide for the last few ranks.
    It's the bannings that I'm worried about. It's better to move the guides over first and then talk later.
    Current mood:

Mabination User Second is a friend of Nora Second is a friend of Nora Second is a friend of Nora Second's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Transmutation
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Grace Plate (rank 4) and Tie-up Boots (rank 5) are good items to make for rank 6 and 5. Grace Plate pattern is pretty easy to get if you fish and bots sell the tie-up boots pattern fairly cheap.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Is there some way to contact these people or did they vanish from the mabi community?

Frozen Yogurt
    Mabinogi
    Server
    CN Mabi
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    Is there some way to contact these people or did they vanish from the mabi community?
    Sooni's back, sent a PM to tell about these guides. No idea about the rest...
    Current mood:

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    She's back just give her time to re-post the guides.
    She's just updating them since it's been awhile since it was originally posted

Mabination User Sooni has defeated the golden spiderling
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    sooni is back... and this guide can stay up until i fix my original ones... spelling errors grammers and picture updates and such.... please look forward to it! and im a she by the way.

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    When you're guides have been fixed up to your liking let me know so I can replace the front page ones.

Ninjam the explorer of Mabination Ninjam the explorer of Mabination Ninjam the explorer of Mabination Ninjam's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Ninjam
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Amputees
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Untell sooni reposts hers, ill put the originals into the guides comp i began working on today. Once you update them send me a pm or something telling me there reposted if i miss them at first.

I am the evil monkey that lives in your closet.

+ Reply to Thread