Thread: Making Money in Mabinogi?

Mabination User death1223 has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

Making Money in Mabinogi?

I know there are thousands of threads like this, but all the ones I've found are old.
    I want to know what the CURRENT best way to making money is.
    Basically:
    What the meta to gold-making is, and your personal way to making gold.

starpaw7 has disabled reputation starpaw7's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Starpaw7
    Total Level
    SUPER
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Oddblock
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Selling things that you earn, such as drops. An Example would be Hebona Robes (Alby Advanced Hardmode End Chest, low drop rate).

There are lots of items to get from drops, it all depends on how well you can fight and/or have the patience to earn in the area in which they come from.

Another way is to sell NX items with your own real money, such as Dyes for ~100k each (prices vary throughout the Servers) and the newly added Fine Reforge Kits which give more profit ( again depending on Server) if you sell for 180k.

Those are the two most profitable ways time-wise, the others would be making Gold through the game itself (Farming, Gold drops, Commerce, etc.).

Also: Saving a (usually) Clothing/Equipment Item to sell higher for later is not usually a good idea.

Recent Gachapons tend to murder the prices of said items

Signature

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    High level commerce, massive gold. Also ducats too which can be sold for gold.

Mabination User Noxctis the explorer of Mabination Noxctis the explorer of Mabination Noxctis the explorer of Mabination Noxctis's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Noxctis
    Total Level
    1xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Seoul
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    My personal way of making gold is to sell items that a lot of people want but cant buy because it's expensive. Certain enchants and such. I keep on a lookout for them and know what they cost. And also which item is useful and such.

I was merchanting with certain fixed dyes, enchants, and items. Some people sell it so low because they have no idea how much its value is. Thats when you need to buy it asap and resell it. Keep doing the same thing and such. Sometimes some people dont even know the price because prices change every now and then. Lets say a while ago, heated enchant cost 4-5mil. And now they sell for 2mil. However, someone who doesnt merchant or know the prices much will wonder in and spot that youre selling a heated enchant.

He asks how much, you simply say offer in hopes they'll give you a price thats above what you at least want. If they say 3.5mil even though average is 2mil, thats when you sell it. All in all, I say it requires luck and enough paying attention. I like to merchant but sometimes I get lazy.

The Nightlord Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk is a Nation Alchemist Milk's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    AskMe
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    AskMe
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    I'm currently using the Jousting event Bracer Knuckle Manuals still give you a pretty penny :3

永遠夢を閉じ込め �� �� EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams has slain a prairie dragon EndlessDreams's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Buy dyes from people who sell them for 100k, and then resell them at the housing board price!

If you have time, high commerce spam is pretty good money like someone said above. If you have NX or service, selling NX items is good profit.
    Last edited by EndlessDreams; 08-24-2012 at 11:50 AM.

hammer.
    Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    ^If you're thinking of selling NX items, a lot of people are wanting reforge kits right now.

Joker the shadow hero Joker the shadow hero Joker the shadow hero Joker the shadow hero Joker's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kantetsu
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Pantagruel
    Type
    Karok
    Level
    Guild
    The Gears
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    gachas... o wai..
    [spoiler]

"Human are so appealing & interesting so I can't help myself" -Izaya

[SPOILER][SPOILER]I best be getting some of these cookies. And your period juice better nuke my tongue with flavorful bliss. Otherwise, we gonna have problems. ~Hiccup~[/SPOILER]
    [SPOILER]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cucurbita View Post
    I wanna dig a tunnel and be a cave troll. With internet. A cave internet troll.
    [/SPOILER][/SPOILER]

Mabination User Formula has just left the soul stream
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Formula
    Race
    Human
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    N/A
    Gold
    You can set up a personal shoppe on an alt and sell things overnight or while you're not playing. If you can, it's better to get another computer that has Mabi so you can have a shoppe open at all times and you don't have to log out and cash in the license as soon (so you can continually keep stocking until you reach the limit and don't have to waste ~5k for a new license as many times).
    Grows herbs on your homestead, pick them every day, and sell stacks in your store.
    Work for holy water stacks. Those always sell for a decent amount. Get a good amount to keep on a pet, and once they've reached a certain limit of space (I've assigned 12 squares), I sell the extra stacks in my shoppe for 15k. The 12-square surplus is for if anyone is buying for a high price and I need quick money.
    As other people have said, gather valuable drops/rewards and sell them. Also, merching is nice. Once you know the standard prices of items buy the underpriced ones and sell for higher. You have to study the current market a bit, though.
    Being cheap helps as well. I personally pick up almost every drop and I never leave any gold lying around. Don't pay mailing/trans fees if you can trade. Be smart with your money. Every little bit saved adds up over time.
    If you get VIP, sell the advanced play items you get in your personal store. Don't bother with the current gacha. You can sell advanced feathers, arrows, bugles, or other certain cash shoppe items for some gold as well.
    If you get VIP, get a house. You can sell things for "housing price" and people will actually buy them (as opposed to people looking for bargains in personal stores).
    Look out for "B>" parties in your server's market channel, or even on any channel. If there's a good deal (such as B>HW 30k/stack) take advantage of it if you can, and quickly. Sometimes people need things that you might just happen to have; for example, if you have a bit of NX in your account and someone needs 1000 arrow stacks, and they're willing to pay 10k for them, you can easily make some quick money.
    Also, look at the "S>" parties for items that you can use to merch. For example, if someone puts up "S>Black Dye nmo," note them about the current offer, buying offer, etc. If it seems reasonably cheap and they're willing to sell, you can buy it and sell it for higher (especially if you have a house). You kind of already need to have some funds to be able to do this, though.
    People get money through commerce, shadow missions, farming, etc. Farming is especially great for a jumpstart if you need a couple of hundred k to begin your funds (because once you have a lot to begin with, you can easily make so much more than when you're broke). I don't really make money using these methods, though. I don't like grinding/working solely for cash because I find it draining and a waste of time, personally. I prefer to play the game and make money along the way without much effort. By being smart and efficient, I've already earned quite a tidy sum of 20mil since I've started playing anew about a month ago. Basically, I don't focus on getting money; I just play the game and make money along the way. That's my personal way to make gold.

Mabination User Thienn the bear slayer at age 10 Thienn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Thienn
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Reverse
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I just started merchanting about a year ago and that's the best way to make money in my opinion. Events and Dungeon/sm/tm give a decent amount of money depending on how lucky you are but merchanting gives a crap ton of money. If you don't have money already though you are going to have to do some dungeons and what not in order to obtain some gold because you need to spend gold in order to make it. You have to learn the market, see what people want the most. One thing I think you also need is a house, it helps you advertise 24/7 and across all channels instead of putting up a party for several hours. In addition to that, for some reason, people overpay for housing items (mabye desperation?) Most of the money I make is on the Gachapons. I spend gold on items I know won't come out for a very long time and that people will want even more after the event is over. For example, during the latest Gachapon, I bought 4 steel needle accessories and 4 avenger accessories. I payed 5-6m for the steel needles and 2-3m for the avengers. Right now, I can sell the SN for 8m+ and the avengers for around 5m. I tend to stay away from girl clothing from the new Gachapons because the prices fluctuate constantly. If you get a really good deal though, take it and try to get rid of it as quick as possible for a decent amount. Merchanting is very time consuming, you have to constantly advertise and deal with your bidders.

Basically:
    1. Make money from dungeon/sm/event/tm
    2. Invest in a house
    3. Learn the market
    4. Buy low, sell high

+ Reply to Thread