+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14
FirstFirst ... 12 13 14

Thread: <South Korea Lute Server Ch.8> Protest in Rath Castle about G13 Update

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuni View Post
    But melee has a hell lot more skills. Wm, smash, counter, defense. Seems to always have a backup plan.

While ranged, is either shootshootshootYAY, or shootshootshootDEAD.
    1. You're arguing with a Giant lover
    (I went there)

2. I don't care if Archer ends up exactly the same as Bard. DevCat probably made the switch after a Korean mob shot arrows through their windows. It let's us know that DevCat doesn't consider range a dead/joke form of combat.

3. Mages are the true enemy. Melée is in a similar boat. WM, WM, WM, WM, Smash!

Mabination User Taliya the noob elemental master Taliya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Taliya
    Total Level
    4XXX
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Nostalgia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Deretto
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Like a...
    Gold
    Really now? Most people stop WM spamming once their HP hits 300, or at least they should. As of now mine in is in the 400s so I WM as little as possible.

A Typical
    Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno is friends with Cichol Juno's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Shizuhara
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazuni View Post
    But melee has a hell lot more skills. Wm, smash, counter, defense. Seems to always have a backup plan.

While ranged, is either shootshootshootYAY, or shootshootshootDEAD.
    More skills doesn't mean there's always a backup plan. They help make melee a solid choice for 1v1 but only windmill gives any chance against multi-aggro and that's iffy at best. While I know consecutive misses happen, elves aim/shoot/load fast enough that they should be able to get several shots off on a charging monster. If one hits, they can aim to 99% before the stun ends even if the enemy has light natural shield. If all else fails they can play dead for a while then insta hide to drop aggro.

Giants on the other hand don't have access to play dead. If they get overwhelmed they just have to grin and bear it...but you know how tanking goes in this game...Furthermore, the situation occurs more frequently since they're in the thick of things rather than off to the side.

Ranged is notably less varied

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    1. You're arguing with a Giant lover
    (I went there)

2. I don't care if Archer ends up exactly the same as Bard. DevCat probably made the switch after a Korean mob shot arrows through their windows. It let's us know that DevCat doesn't consider range a dead/joke form of combat.

3. Mages are the true enemy. Melée is in a similar boat. WM, WM, WM, WM, Smash!
    I love giants, but I don't let that stop me from being objective .-.

If that actually happened, I would probably never stop laughing o3o

WM spam only works with pet play...and anything works with pet play. If you have a cat set to icebolt enemies you can chain magnums till the cows come in to roost with no danger.
    ~Selling Holy Water in Bulk, Note Shizuhara~
    Breaking Even . Last Updated: February the 4th
    I willingly believe that the damned are, in one sense, successful, rebels to the end; that the doors of hell are locked on the inside. - C. S. Lewis

I am...H...A...P...P...Y. Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by bradstrt View Post
    Human archers are the support.
    Elven archers can stand alone.
    That's true enough, but human archers really can support themselves enough.
    Worst case, you can WM or Play Dead.

Banned Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Maitenance
    Total Level
    3xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Vedera, Ushuai
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Yeah if they have AR, but elven archers are more built for solo play

I am...H...A...P...P...Y. Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh is a Nation Alchemist Chockeh's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Either way, archers pwn.
    I still never beat AR with my R1 Range though :[.
    Though I am fighting R1 Range + R1 AR + R1 sh*t load of life skills...

+ Reply to Thread