+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast

Thread: A guide to getting Falcon transformation.

Chicken Fingers Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Liraiyu
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

A guide to getting Falcon transformation.

Starting off

To start of, Reach level 7. You should get a quest from someone named Yoff. Go to the Arena next to Filia and talk to Yoff. He should give you the keyword "Ancient Irinid".

Complete the quest and talk to Castanea using the keyword. Complete the quest.

Eventually you should get another quest. Talk to Yoff again, And he will give you an ancient medal. I would suggest to put it in your bank, or somewhere out of the way.

Soon you should get another quest. Yoff wants you to gain Castanea's trust, So go and talk to her. She will ask you to find the lost elf, so grab your L rod and find one. Bring the lost elf back to Castanea and complete the quest.

Hagel's Assignment

You should get a quest called Hagel's assignment. Go and talk to Hagel, and buy some sketch paper.

Longa desert ruins normal

Hagel will ask you to sketch the Ruin guardian. So, run down to Longa desert ruins dungeon and drop a random item.

By no means a hard dungeon, So you should be able to solo it. The rest rooms are annoying, Though. You should be able to kill the young emerald Beetles in 1-2 shots. The only threat are the young stone masks, who sometimes use firebolt. Sand mimics and young blue pythons should not cause to much trouble.

The ruin guardian starts of riding a horse, But you don't have to kill it. Run up and sketch the ruin guardian quickly. It's your choice whether to kill it or not.

Run back to Hagel and talk to him. What luck, he wants you to sketch another monster. The stone horse keeper to be exact. But this time, it's in Rano. Head towards Karu forest now.

Karu forest dungeon

I would suggest a party for this dungeon. I don't remember it at all ,so I can't really offer advice.(Yes, my memory is that bad)

Here is some help from Toric.

Quote Originally Posted by Toric View Post
    Karu/Normal is 5 floors long, with the even floors often being rather short and pre-mapped out. The majority of foes are masked goblins, which are slightly tougher than kobolds from Math dungeon. As you get deeper you will face stone hounds, stone spiders, stone bison, stone zombies, and stone imps. Of these, the zombies and imps stand out. Stone imps, unlike the imps found in Uladh, are large, have no magic, and posses windmill, and decent HP. Stone zombies are slow like zombies in TNN, and have lvl 3 passive defenses against magic and archer, lvl2 against melee. Like TNN's zombies, windmill spam is recommended against them. However watch out because unlike TNN's zombies, these smash and defend (defense is especially worrisome against low-level windmill users). Imps, zombies, and bison multi-aggro. Masked goblin archers aggro up to two at a time (don't remember if anything else multis).
    Now, The boss is the stone horse keeper. He will have 5 of his stone horses, of course. Rushing in like an idiot is a very bad idea, Because the stone horses will eat you alive before you close enough to sketch. A better idea is to kill all the stone horses, then sketch the boss.

You can also get the sketch from the pot-belly spider version of the dungeon, apparently.

Return to Hagel and talk to him. Complete the quest and you have yourself the keyword "Book of the Irinids".

Quests of doom

First, Get the title "Rano explorer". To get it, travel to every landmark in Rano. If you're to lazy to find them yourself, here is a map.

Once you have said title, Equip it and travel to Quilla base camp. Talk to Alexina with the keyword "Book of the Irinids". She will give you a choice of 3 quests.

1: Investigation of Maize

The most popular, and arguably, easiest quest. It requires you to run Maize normal, and get the boss gargoyle's Boots, Hands, or Pauldron. Drop one of those items to enter a harder version of Maize. The boss will be 3 gargoyles with a shining version of what you dropped. Kill them and you have a chance of getting the shining part. Repeat until you have all 3 parts.

Then get level 16 exploration to make a statue from them. Don't complete the exploration quest, though, or you will lose your statue. Open up a party and recruit some people for your run. If you're evil, or poor, you can even charge money for a spot. Complete the dungeon and finish the quest.

Note that you only have to complete the run. You don't have to be the party leader, so if you're lazy you could just buy a spot.

Some advice from arklian:

Quote Originally Posted by arklian View Post
    Easiest way to get a Glowing Gargoyle statue is to feed Voight 1-2 cm emeralds. You can get emeralds for close to 1k each and he gave me the statue in about 7 emeralds.
    2: Field boss research

Requires you to sketch Rano field bosses. in other words, sketch:

1. Giant Short Horned Gnu
    2. Giant Long Horned Gnu
    3. Gold-tailed Mongoose
    4. Head Hyena
    5. Wolf-striped Desert Spider
    6. Gold Kiwi
    7. Giant Gold Forest Mushroom Spider
    8. Gold Forest Lizard

Not recommended. Kitae will explain why...

Quote Originally Posted by kitaek27 View Post
    1. Sketching all the field bosses? Cya in 6 months.
    Quote Originally Posted by kitaek27 View Post
    Each of those field bosses you have to sketch are just as rare as any of the field bosses in Uladh, if not rarer, and getting to them alone will be impossibly difficult considered Iria is so freaking huge.

Its basically like saying "sketch every Uladh field boss, but we'll just tell you that its 'somewhere in the middle of the desert' so you get terribly lost while you're at it".
    Also, people will be wanting to kill said field boss. And the chances of you being online, being on the right channel, finding the field boss, and then sketching it before everyone kills it or it unspawns is very small.

If, however, you choose this quest, Zachman111 wrote a guide on how to deal with this quest.

3: Sandworm hunting

Kill a Sandworm. You must kill it. Sounds easy, huh?

It would be, if not for the fact that Sandworms have 100,000 HP, spawn once every 24-48 hours, and everybody wants that finish. But who knows, maybe you will get lucky.

Well done if you made it, you have completed the hardest segment of the quest, depending on your luck. Hit the complete button. Now, who wants to sneak into the Giants village?

Vales infiltration

Speak to Alexina, and she will tell you to sneak into Vales and talk to Taunes. Make your way to Vales. As soon as you spot the first guard, use hide and run to the weapon shop. Speak to Taunes and mess around with some giants if you want. Escape by continent move or the Mana tunnel next to Vales. Complete the quest.

Medal finding

You will receive a quest from Castanea. Run along and talk to her. Uh oh, She's pretty angry at you. Watch your cut scene and wake up in Quilla base camp.

Talk to Alexina and she will give you a collection book for 15 medals. If you remember, you already got one from Yoff. Grab that and put it in the book. 14 medals to go!

These ancient medal can be found inside the boundary's of Landmarks in Rano and Connus. I found most of mine at the monkey mark, but all the landmarks work. If you find a chest with a medal, Channel change quickly. There should be a chest close to where the other one was. A good idea is to alternate between Rano and Connus.

At the start, It will be very easy. The last 2-3 medals will be very hard though, depending on your luck. Since the medals are untradeable by any means, you're on your own. Once you have every medal, hit the complete button in the book.

Congratulations! You now have your transformation. Now you can have fun grinding levels to train the skills.

Last edited by Liraiyu; 03-10-2011 at 01:28 AM.

Mabination User Shironi the golem slayer Shironi's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Shironi
    Total Level
    5xx
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Astonish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Might I add that that for Savage Beast you do basically the same, but just with different NPCs and dungeons?

And yes, you can meet the Stone Horse Keeper from the pot belly spider version of the Karu dungeon as a miniboss on the second (?) floor. My advice is to kill the horses, and have a friend aggro it and play dead while you sketch it. You only have about 30 seconds before he changes aggro, so be careful!

Chicken Fingers Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu the dragon knight Liraiyu's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Liraiyu
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    I don't play giant, and I feel it wouldn't be fair for an elf player to do a giants guide. :V

Mabination User Shironi the golem slayer Shironi's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Shironi
    Total Level
    5xx
    Race
    Giant
    Guild
    Astonish
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    I'm sorry, I meant that other players can simply use this as a reference to getting Savage Beast as the two are very similar.

Mabination User Fallenangel has just left the soul stream Fallenangel's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Angellx
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Darkness Representative Phanterz the golem slayer Phanterz's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Phanterz
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Fruity
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    GammaRay
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    BlackDragon
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Fallenangel View Post
    nice necro.

Banned Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist Hiccup is a Nation Alchemist
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Maitenance
    Total Level
    3xxx
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Vedera, Ushuai
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    Silent Raiders
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    It's a guide your allowed to necro.

Nice fail though.

Mabination User silentselene was almost killed by a brown fox silentselene's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Septette
    Total Level
    Extra
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Recette
    Type
    Fiona
    Level
    BIG
    Guild
    Capitalism
    Gold
    I found the random emoticon funny xD

LINK DEAD. If anyone still wants this, PM me and I'll reupload.

arklian the Mabination seal breaker arklian the Mabination seal breaker arklian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    That Cloud
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Jookyuu
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Easiest way to get a Glowing Gargoyle statue is to feed Voight 1-2 cm emeralds. You can get emeralds for close to 1k each and he gave me the statue in about 7 emeralds.

Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Liraiyu
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by arklian View Post
    I'll put that in now, but I doubt anyone uses this guide anymore.
    Have a +rep for your trouble.

+ Reply to Thread