+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: >Royal Alchemist Problems

The Bloody Eskimo truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Valeria
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Guild
    Witchcraft
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    You'd be surprised how many newcomers have no idea that we even have a wiki, or that people make entire wikis on a single game. Strange, I know. But it happens. Someone I helped a couple months back was approaching total 300 and I gave them some tips starting out; I also told them about the wiki. It was maybe a couple weeks after that before they got comfortable enough to check it on impulse. Just because you assume that you're not the first person to tell them "check the wiki" doesn't mean that you aren't. Also, both the music box and the crystals can be traded. So you've got to ask yourself: are you interested in educating the people you help with their finals, or collecting the points/exp? There is no wrong answer, but a decision must be made.
    Mastered:
    CM|WMil|Smash|LD|Shock|WC|FBurst|CC|Transmute|RC
    Frag|AS|LigM|IM|FM|MM|Crit|Blaze|WMak|SM|LanM|FH
    LCharge|ComM|GS|ChS|FF|Pum|Def|SU|SK|DrK|KnM
    ChM|Heal|FBolt|Th|MG|Lull|MWM

r1:
    Refine|AM|PM|Weave|SG|CA|
    Synth|FBall|IB|LB|IS|MK|Comp|Fish|MCon|Mtlgy
    PI|PHeal|HS|Mine|HB|FBlast|Handi|ShM|Herb|Carp
    ShS|EG|PotM|S:PL|Ench|FsBolt|MeS|HAM|GCM|Harv
    Hoe|AR|CrS|RA|XbowM|BM|MgS|SptS|BO|EM|Viv
    HrvS|MarS|Disc

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Natteke View Post
    No, worse is when you help someone and they order like you are that person slave

"don't do this, don't do that, kill that, hurry!"
    that makes me cringe
    i'd let them die if they were like that, never bite the hand that feeds you

Banned Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Fullmetaloiz
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Oizen
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Tropacat View Post
    there should really be a step-by-step guide, like what my wife said.

out of all the generation quests i dislike G10 finals and the 7-pages mission.
    If a G9-G12 revamp ever comes out like the G1-3, I can easily see the 7 page mission, along with those clues being significantly nerfed down.

Mabination User Eliirae the golem slayer with a single blow Eliirae's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Amishu
    Total Level
    2xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Is the G10 finale the same if you bring an RA to it, then? Cause when I did it waaaay back then all I had to do was music box/life drain the doppelganger and the mission was over. I was expecting to have to fight it, too.

Also yeah, in a game like Mabi, even now that new players are forced into doing G1-3, G7-8 before finally starting the alchemist stuff, I'm not surprised people aren't that knowledgable about stuff like this. I mean, the only reason people come on these finale runs is so THEY can get the XP and rewards, not to actually help the other person out. The helping part is secondary to the rewards.

So the new players don't learn how to trade, or do any of that stuff. And then suddenly a generation quest comes around where it's so hard to solo because the enemy can't be stunned and kills you in two hits! But oh, I can call for help from some person called a ROYAL ALCHEMIST, they sound strong! Kill it for me, please!

Unless I knew before hand what to do in the G10 finale, I wouldn't even have known that you have to wait for the doppelganger to start taunting before I used the music box on him, then life drain. And then I learned the hard way that the life drain needs to get you to full HP. Oops, better do that all again!

Now add onto that when you get an RA's help you have to give them the quest items that you were given. Since when does a game ever make you hand over your quest items to another player?

✡ puɐן pǝsıɯoɹd ǝɥʇ ✡ Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    xxxxx
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliirae View Post
    Now add onto that when you get an RA's help you have to give them the quest items that you were given. Since when does a game ever make you hand over your quest items to another player?
    that's not needed, but if you called a RA its cause you wanna do it easier ot faster
    and giving the items to someone that is used to do that mission is surely the fastest and easiest way to finish the mission

YoU KeViN
    "the promised land does not exist, like everything else that is promised"

Fyois the bear slayer with a single blow Fyois's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Fyois
    Total Level
    10XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Gunslinger
    Guild
    Devious
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Yeah this is my least favorite mission to do as an RA and I'll pass it off to anyone willing to take it. It could really use a revamp because most people I've come across are clueless and it's not their fault, because the requirements in the mission aren't self explanatory.
    Things to do (2015): [] Master Gun Skills, [X] Learn how to Puppet, [X] Master Puppets, [] Master Ninja, [] Master Fighter, [X] Rank 1 Magic Craft, [X] Rank 1 Ecology, [X] Make a staff, [] Engineering, [] Mineralogy, [] Solo any peaca dungeon, [X] Do the castle Dungeons, [] Draw a new icon for myself

Currently on: Magic Craft and Shyllien Ecology, Guns.

Mabination User kindasleepy has just left the soul stream kindasleepy's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I always talked a lot to the people I helped and they were nice enough to me when I was RA.
    They always told me I wasn't like the other RAs who just went in did their thing and went away like "gimme my exp. kthnxbai" ._.

I haven't seen it lately, but when RA got implemented I used to see a LOT of the RAs charging people gold, items, etc. for helping them run the missions...
    As if the "free" exp wasn't enough xD

Mabination User NomadTrooper the shadow hero NomadTrooper the shadow hero NomadTrooper the shadow hero NomadTrooper the shadow hero NomadTrooper's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Genissage
    Total Level
    25xx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Cressentmoon
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Magistress
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    The Classic
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Shisummy View Post
    >tell the player to drop eveything
    >set up a barrier in the middle
    >tell the person to stand still and evade spear
    >do the box stuff
    >tell the player to use demi and play dead (if giant tell the player to spam def/count and run and get away from the boss)
    >solo the thing
    >get a "thank you" or just get ignored
    >Mission acomplished
    >Change channel with all their stuff
    >????
    >Mission accomplished

Ummm, brb, going to apply for RA...

Spoiler
    Leaky ears!

Memento Mori Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior is a Nation Alchemist Elleanior's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Erru
    Total Level
    24xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    Mahou
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Elleanior
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    7x
    Guild
    de LaCryamosse
    Playing?
    Not interested
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by For newbs who DO know how to listen
    1. Don't bring your own cylinder/ life drain crystals unless you need them.
    2. Equip provided cylinder and keep your provided black LD crystals handy.
    3. While doppelganger is taunting, use music box.
    4. While he's stunned from music box, use LD.
    5. Cutscene? Success!
    If they have trouble with their timing because they're slow to react, encourage them and help them try again.

Quote Originally Posted by For noobs who DON'T know how to listen
    1. If you are not an alchemist, do not bring your own cylinder/ life drain crystals.
    2. Equip cylinder provided and do not have your own life drain crystals. (Provided life drain crystals are black. Yours are green. You will need the BLACK ones. The green ones will. not. work.)
    3. While doppelganger is taunting, use the music box.
    4. While doppelganger is stunned from that, use life drain w/ the provided cylinder and the BLACK crystals on it.
    5. If you recieve a cutscene, success!
    If they can't follow these instructions, and aren't willing to drop the items so that you can do it, they aren't worth your time.

Hell, if they're asking for an RA's help, they probably don't need to fight.
    Last edited by Kitkat; 12-05-2012 at 03:13 AM.
    __

Interested in playing Phantasy Star Online 2 (Japanese) with English help? Send Herro or myself a message!
    Art Commissions available now!! [Tumblr]
    fish gif by thetauche on Deviantart.

Mabination User
    Mabinogi
    Server
    KR Mabi
    Character
    Xeru(Lute)
    Total Level
    XXXX
    Race
    Human