NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    TearsofHope
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Retired
    The Great Arctic North (No seriously Canada)
    Gold

Mabinogi's finish system

Does anyone think it should be modified/changed?

(I trololed life drainers on arc lich and got the finish by spamming it with daggers hitting 1 dmg constantly)

It seems rather unfair. (I understand it helps with players who were fighting a field boss for a long time just to have it ksed by a much stronger player who joins later)

But, it should be modified to include not just # of hits but damage done in it as well:c

The Great Owl
    Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kaeporo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kaeporo
    Total Level
    18xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Archery
    Guild
    Historia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    The field boss system will be overhauled in the relatively near future.

Mabination User cheese758 the explorer of Rano cheese758 the explorer of Rano
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    cheese758
    Total Level
    3xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Carpentry
    Guild
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Didn't even know it worked that way. Time to rank final hit.
    Rank 1 Blacksmith, Tailor, Carpentry, Handicraft, Potion Making, and now..... ENCHANTING
    Mari Server - Free Service

Banned Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion Oizen is a master of the Mabinogion
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Fullmetaloiz
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Oizen
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Gold
    No one can out HPS someone who transformed into a bear with pets.

._.

I think bears have the highest attack speed, I could easily be wrong though.

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Oizen View Post
    No one can out HPS someone who transformed into a bear with pets.

._.

I think bears have the highest attack speed, I could easily be wrong though.

... you have the same attack speed in trans as you do out of trans.
    Whatever your dreamcatcher attack speed is, is what you have in trans.

✡ puɐן pǝsıɯoɹd ǝɥʇ ✡ Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    xxxxx
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    i think i read before on the future updates something about no more finishing rules but the highest contribution
    so yea they will change it, i guess

YoU KeViN
    "the promised land does not exist, like everything else that is promised"

Banned Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Froglord of DESTINY!!! has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Skyshooter1
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Bracer
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus West
    Character
    Katakarda
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Guild
    Seirin
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Qu Marsh, in a hut, next to the moogle bro's. THEY OWE ME RENT OKAY!
    Gold
    Yay elitism... Yay having someone do 50k fucking uppercut/dropkick damage and taking all the drops.

I seriously hope they nerf the fuck out of fighter someday.

Fighting hand-hand is supposed to be fast-sub-adequate damage, not super-ultra-stoopid-godly-insane damage. And with everyone and their grandmother reforging for fighter skills and elemental reforges, there will no be no point to field bosses because someone with a boss timer will just fucking farm all of them in under 10 minutes.
    Last edited by Froglord of DESTINY!!!; 01-04-2013 at 08:20 AM.

✡ puɐן pǝsıɯoɹd ǝɥʇ ✡ Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise the master of posting Paradise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    8xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    xxxxx
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Froglord of DESTINY!!! View Post
    fast-sub-adequate damage, not super-ultra-stoopid-godly-insane damage. And with everyone and their grandmother reforging for fighter skills and elemental reforges, there will no be no point to field bosses because someone with a boss timer will just fucking farm all of them in under 10 minutes.
    reforge breaks everything it touchs (but alch/magic)
    its not the fighter skills, and fighter is mean to be a single target high dps skillset, not this
    Quote Originally Posted by Froglord of DESTINY!!! View Post
    fast-sub-adequate damage
    fighter has pretty slow animations, so its not fast at all (melee and range are way faster)
    and puts you at the mercy of enemies while fighting 1 monster from a mob (ie: you will get hit/smashed often while doing pummel, you will need 3 stunt pets (or 2 ice dragons) to keep enemies away while doing pummel, adding that if you get hit, you lose the 2nd and final damage).

And there are so much more cons, but they are worth when 1v1 with fighter, or being in a prty.

>just to quote what i said about pets, using stunt pets, for me, its the same that using nao stones or anything else that requires Nx, you should't require to use pets in order to make a skill set work.
    Last edited by Paradise; 01-04-2013 at 11:01 AM.

YoU KeViN
    "the promised land does not exist, like everything else that is promised"

Poor Edith!
    Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia is a master of the Mabinogion Claudia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    6XX
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    If they ever get rid of finish rules I will scream.

That is literally the only way I managed to rank half of my melee skills.

Mabination User newpants the golem slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    the current finish system sounds better than the one they're implementing if contribution is based on damage.

at least everyone is able compete with the finish system unless you consider pets/mods/idk.

+ Reply to Thread