+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Puppetry guide, No Strings attached!

The Bloody Eskimo truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing truefire the all-knowing
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Valeria
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Guild
    Witchcraft
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    You seem to have not mentioned Act 2 at all in the Act Skills section.
    Mastered:
    CM|WMil|Smash|LD|Shock|WC|FBurst|CC|Transmute|RC
    Frag|AS|LigM|IM|FM|MM|Crit|Blaze|WMak|SM|LanM|FH
    LCharge|ComM|GS|ChS|FF|Pum|Def|SU|SK|DrK|KnM
    ChM|Heal|FBolt|Th|MG|Lull|MWM

r1:
    Refine|AM|PM|Weave|SG|CA|
    Synth|FBall|IB|LB|IS|MK|Comp|Fish|MCon|Mtlgy
    PI|PHeal|HS|Mine|HB|FBlast|Handi|ShM|Herb|Carp
    ShS|EG|PotM|S:PL|Ench|FsBolt|MeS|HAM|GCM|Harv
    Hoe|AR|CrS|RA|XbowM|BM|MgS|SptS|BO|EM|Viv
    HrvS|MarS|Disc

Minorin's Waifu radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise is a master of the Mabinogion radionoise's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Total Level
    11XXX
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Elegant
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    And invented act 3.

Arcanist Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Azareel
    Total Level
    XXX5
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Thaumaturge
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Azareel
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Credits to me and Redlion for Golem Snare.

Nice guide. I'm not entirely sure of the mechanics of Threshold Cutter, but if it's like Somersault Kick, you could probably pull a golem WM during it.

Also, I see you don't have a Snare Revolver with partymates. You don't even need more than rF on a few people to make use of it. Combine it with Golem Snare for increased effectiveness.
    Last edited by Azareel; 02-10-2013 at 03:15 PM.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    At long last, a puppetry guide!

But there's tons of errors and missing stuff:
    • You need to mention the pros and cons. And I know from experience that puppetry has one too many flaws.
    • Absolutely NONE of the Puppetry Skills can wound, which is ironic since Control Bars have max injury.
    • 70% extra damage from player only occurs through Control Marionette. If Act 7 goes out of control range or Act 9 is in AI mode, they don't get extra damage.
    • Wire Pull does not stop the enemy in its tracks, so its not a good idea to use if they're charging towards you.
    • Snare works on Blinkers, too.
    • Snare gets interrupt if someone else knocks it back/down. I can't see how its useful in party play if it only gets stunned for so short.
    • Snare tick is actually per sec or per sec and half. 3 sec dmg is just total damage accumulated after 3 seconds.
    • Snare causes you to get delayed for a full second after detachment.
    • Since when the fuck did Snare cause knockdown? Never.
    • What the hell is Act 3? No such thing!
    • Pierrot's Threshold Cutter's animation extends further than Colossus'.
    • If someone pushes an enemy out of Threshold Cutter, the remainder of TC's attacks will not connect, and will piss you off.
    • Crisis causes enemies to be invulnerable to attack for a short time. This will anger your teammates.
    • According to Crisis' in-game data, it does NOT provide Magic Defense.
    • I'm pretty sure Crisis giving AHS is not a glitch, since it is a tanking skill.
    • Crisis and Climactic Crash eat your stamina while its loaded, so its not good to keep it like that.
    • You forgot to mention that Huw revives and fully heals marionettes for just 200g.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 02-10-2013 at 03:34 PM.

Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius the shadow hero Dracius's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Dracius
    Total Level
    1xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    Shock
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Draciusena
    Type
    Lynn
    Level
    Guild
    <Ancient>
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Thank you so much, +rep
    I need this for when I decided to go into puppetry (Since all everybody keeps telling me is rank up a marionette + Act 7 and you're perfect)
    ~

Arcanist Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel is friends with Cichol Azareel's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Azareel
    Total Level
    XXX5
    Race
    Elf
    Guild
    Thaumaturge
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Azareel
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboy132 View Post
    Snare gets interrupt if someone else knocks it back/down. I can't see how its useful in party play if it only gets stunned for so short.
    Mages: Can charge spells while enemy is stuck.
    Archers: Can fully aim/set up for more DPS.
    Alchemists: Can take the time to freeze, shock, etc.
    Meleers/Lancers: lolwut?
    Fighters: Can prepare a full charge of Focused Fist and start a combo.
    Bards/Clerics: Can debuff/doublebuff/heal/whatever.
    Gunners: Can reload and spam frenzied normal hits.
    All: Useful for saving someone from dying in a derpsituation.
    When the enemy has AHS: ANYTHING GOES. Hulk smash the target to your heart's content, because it's not gonna get to do anything.

You clearly didn't look very hard. Being able to buy time without hindering others is always fabulous in party play.

Edit: "Flaming Crisis" is probably more effective with Hailstorm than any other skill. Just saying.
    Last edited by Azareel; 02-10-2013 at 03:49 PM.

the pro Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter has tamed a desert dragon Blassreiter's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    BIassreiter
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Gunslinger
    Guild
    N/A
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Taunes
    Type
    Karok
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I don't know if this was discussed or proven (maybe it was the lag) but the third hit of a Pierrot Marionette's Act 2 initiates slower than the Colossus Marionette. I.E. if I use Act 2 with a Pierrot on an enemy using Counter/Defense the Pierrot will activate the enemy's Counter/Defense because she takes a while to land the third hit of Act 2. I experienced during the Puppetry Event on the Bisque Dolls so it maybe only limited to them or I'm lagging.

French Fries Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Tropa has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    tropacat
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Battle Alchemy
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    At long last, a puppetry guide!

But there's tons of errors and missing stuff:
    • You need to mention the pros and cons. And I know from experience that puppetry has one too many flaws.
    Maybe I should, add a Pros/Cons section

• Absolutely NONE of the Puppetry Skills can wound, which is ironic since Control Bars have max injury.
    Wounds don't even matter that much.

• 70% extra damage from player only occurs through Control Marionette. If Act 7 goes out of control range or Act 9 is in AI mode, they don't get extra damage.
    Doesn't really matter, the first two hits will nearly the sameg damage.

• Wire Pull does not stop the enemy in its tracks, so its not a good idea to use if they're charging towards you.
    Thats why you use Snare or Counter

• Snare works on Blinkers, too.
    Good to know, adding.

• Snare gets interrupt if someone else knocks it back/down. I can't see how its useful in party play if it only gets stunned for so short.
    It's meant for buying time or living someone's life by completely stoping the enemy.

• Snare causes you to get delayed for a full second after detachment.
    I don't really notice it, may it's cause I just use it for like a second and cancelling it out.

• Since when the fuck did Snare cause knockdown? Never.
    Edited it.

• What the hell is Act 3? No such thing!
    ?

• Pierrot's Threshold Cutter's animation extends further than Colossus'.
    Didn't really notice a difference.

• If someone pushes an enemy out of Threshold Cutter, the remainder of TC's attacks will not connect, and will piss you off.
    Meh, stuff happens, should run with people who know what they're doing.

• Crisis causes enemies to be invulnerable to attack for a short time. This will anger your teammates.
    I think this is a glitch, but party memebers should be able to know about the invincibility frames.

• According to Crisis' in-game data, it does NOT provide Magic Defense.
    Edited, thought this is hard to test.

• Crisis and Climactic Crash eat your stamina while its loaded, so its not good to keep it like that.
    Thats something to keep in mind, as well.

• You forgot to mention that Huw revives and fully heals marionettes for just 200g.
    Okay, I'll go to Emain everytime my Marionettes get a dent on them

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpycat View Post
    Wounds don't even matter that much.

Against something like Glas, they do. Regardless of the situation, they're still a good stat.

?

"Act 3: Threshold Cutter"

Didn't really notice a difference.

Its the reason why Marionettes get countered.
    Some other things:
    • Con: All Act Skills except 2 aim for the center of the target's hitbox, like Assault Slash. Makes targeting big hitbox enemies (like the giant snakes in the snake event) difficult to target.
    • All training (aside from Marionettes of course) can be done at Tir Chonaill Graveyard. Spiders are pretty clustered there, though you may need to group them. Also, Act 4 only goes up to attacking 6 enemies, not 8.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 02-10-2013 at 04:40 PM.

the Master Otaku Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya the skillful Chihaya's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Total Level
    71xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Starlet
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Some other things:
    • Con: All Act Skills except 2 aim for the center of the target's hitbox, like Assault Slash. Makes targeting big hitbox enemies (like the giant snakes in the snake event) difficult to target.
    • All training (aside from Marionettes of course) can be done at Tir Chonaill Graveyard. Spiders are pretty clustered there, though you may need to group them. Also, Act 4 only goes up to attacking 6 enemies, not 8.
    For training Rising action and Crisis, I like Other Alchemists or Sulfur Spider basic.
    The other stuff... Raccoons or Foxes work just fine.

EDIT: Fack. can't rep >:|
    Last edited by Chihaya; 02-10-2013 at 08:56 PM.
    Hype for this series MEGA-INTENSIFIES

+ Reply to Thread