+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6
1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: (New) Infraction System (re)explained

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

(New) Infraction System (re)explained

Our infraction system is quite simple, but here you'll be able to see a quick reference on how it works, how many points each infraction adds, and how many points will automatically ban you, and for how much time.

Bad behavior that are against the rules will earn you infraction points. You can see infractions and warnings you have received on your User CP or Profile page under the Infractions tab.

The automatic bans have not changed. Most bans on Mabination are done automatically by reaching a specified number of infractions.

Our old infraction system has been slightly modified for better efficiency, better forgiveness for good behavior, and easier punishing for bad behavior. Those changes are explained in the post below.
    Last edited by Ashikoki; 05-10-2013 at 06:05 PM.

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    The first change you'll notice is that the level of infractions have changed from "minor, moderate, and severe" to "warning, minor, and major". From now on, your first offense (with the exception to excessive and unyielding behavior) will be given a warning in the category of violation. Warnings do not add infraction points, and will expire in 90 days. If your infractions are expired by the time you violate those rules again, you will simply start over with a warning. However, you will not be warned again if you have been infracted with a Major infraction of the same category in the past, even if the points have expired.

Backseat moderating has been removed from the categories. We have never had a problem with it, and in the event that it does, it easily falls under a form of bullying, and will be treated as such.

Necroposting has been removed as well. Necroposting happens sometimes, but we've never had to infract for it since most members understand right away when we warn them not to do it again. This will simply be merged with spamming and will be treated as such.

Disobeying/Disrespecting Staff has been removed, as I believe it to be a fallacy. Anything we will force you to comply with should already exist within the rules. If not, it is either an abuse of power or the rules have not been written well enough. That said, this has somewhat been merged with category "Intentional Rule Breaking".

Intentional Rule Breaking is our go-to category for people who are simply on a rampage. Flooding a page with dozens of threads within minutes isn't spamming, its intentional rule breaking. If you get angry and insult someone, you will be warned for flaming. But if you flame further simply as a reaction to this warning, you will not be infracted for flaming but rather for intentional rule breaking.

Lastly, you'll note that Ban Dodging is now a new category of infractions. This is very simple. If you are banned, you stay out for the duration of the ban. Dodging it by using an alternate account will earn you a permanent ban on all of your accounts instead.

Q&A:

The previous system had warnings too. Why did we switch from that to this?

Before, whether we gave a warning or infraction was solely on the moderator's discretion. Also, having 3 different levels of infractions often confused staff and there were disagreements about whether a certain behavior is "minor" or "moderate". Making sure everyone gets one warning before an infraction cleans up the uncertainty and completely removes bias. Also, having only two levels of infraction makes deciding whether a behavior is kinda bad or really bad much easier to decide.

A lot of these infractions didn't expire before, or had much longer expiration timers. Why do they exist now and why are they shorter?

I figured if you didn't flame anyone for 180 days (thats a whole half year!), but was sitting on 8 infraction points, you probably deserve less when you suddenly get banned for receiving a 2 point infraction for spamming. People learn, people change, but most importantly, people still slip up. Maybe you saw a post that got you really angry, or maybe you just forgot about a rule. If you've been a good member, I don't see why something you did a year ago should impact our punishment of you today.

This actually helps us more than it helps anyone else anyways. Members who sit on a large number of infraction points that will never expire are given incentives to just make a new account. This isn't really ban dodging, but it is infraction splitting, and it makes staff work incredibly difficult. Some people might still do it anyways, but knowing you'll be forgiven someday is a huge difference in mentality compared to knowing that you will forever have 10 infraction points on your account.

Ban dodging infraction seems really strict?

Actually, we probably won't apply it against you if you have a legitimate reason to use an alt account. We understand that a banned account can't even use private messaging, and sometimes you really need to talk to someone or maybe even try to defend yourself from what I felt was wrong. You may NOT make public posts on an alt account while banned. I don't endorse it, but you may use an alt for private messaging while you are banned. All that aside, we're going to stick to this one. If you were banned, you're supposed to stay banned until the ban period is over. If you dodge it and are caught, you're going to be permanently banned.

I currently have an infraction which has a longer expiration date than the new ones. Can you change it?

What, I'm too lazy to handle all those requests. The only ones I'll fix for you are the non-expiring ones, if you have any.

My infraction history is all messed up now. Whats going on?

vBulletin sucks, thats whats going on. The points haven't changed, but the names on your history will. We won't use it against you, but the points you already accumulated will have to wait out for their expiration. This means everyone gets a soft reset on their records.
    Last edited by Ashikoki; 05-10-2013 at 11:53 PM.

Pineapple?! Lyrveil is a friend of Nora Lyrveil is a friend of Nora Lyrveil is a friend of Nora Lyrveil's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Kanam
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrveil
    Type
    Kai
    Level
    Guild
    Ananas
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Lastly, you'll note that Ban Dodging is now a new category of infractions. This is very simple. If you are banned, you stay out for the duration of the ban. Dodging it by using an alternate account will earn you a permanent ban on all of your accounts instead.
    Shouldn't ban dodging give 28 points then? (it shows 26 in the chart). I know the first account (main account) would have at least 10 point so that 26 would put anyone at perma-ban but the alt account would only have 26 point which put them at 6 months!

Kidding aside though this seems pretty fair. A warning as a first offense unless something major is good enough. It'll remember people to not do it again without having an impact on their infraction point.

I think you should make an announcement somewhere so people check that thread though. I don't think people check this section daily so they won't notice them unless pointed to.

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Wow, actual well-explained rules!

........must behave.

Question though: what size can a signature have before it's a violation?

Carlonia the aspiring sailor Carlonia the aspiring sailor Carlonia's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Carlonia
    Total Level
    7xxx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Guild
    Ocarina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    This might be a silly question, but how big is too big in a signature? :o

I didn't notice Snowie asked this first. Shoot me please.
    Last edited by Carlonia; 05-10-2013 at 09:17 AM.
     Arrgghh

Dream Yogi
    Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Reih
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Freiya
    Type
    Fiona
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rules
    Signatures

Signatures have a maximum height of 300px. Images shouldn't be more than 250px tall, nor should they exceed a file size of 1.5MB. If an image does exceed 250px in height, then you will be asked to either remove it or hide it in a spoiler tag. Repeated offenses will result in punishment.
    Please also see this thread where you can find information on how to resize or check your signatures dimensions.
    http://mabination.com/announcement.php?f=9
    Last edited by Bakuryu; 05-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.
      

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Carlonia View Post
    This might be a silly question, but how big is too big in a signature? :o

I didn't notice Snowie asked this first. Shoot me please.
    http://mabination.com/announcement.php?f=11

Ctrl + F - Signatures

Signatures have a maximum height of 300px. Images shouldn't be more than 250px tall, nor should they exceed a file size of 1.5MB.
    Last edited by Kingofrunes; 05-10-2013 at 09:58 AM.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Never Again. Ever. I mean it.

<span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Ailios
    Total Level
    20xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Scamall
    Level
    4x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Since I'm too lazy to bother with a PM, I'd thought I'd let you know that my infraction I received all the way back in August should be expired by now, but it still appears to be in effect, just under a different name. So you guys might want to do a little looking around the older members' profiles and clean up any old infractions. D:

Also, I think that the ban dodging infraction should still be called "It's Jordy", just because it's been that way since pretty much this site started. D:
    Last edited by Arsik; 05-10-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Dream Yogi
    Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Reih
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Freiya
    Type
    Fiona
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Arsik View Post
    So you guys might want to do a little looking around the older members' profiles and clean up any old infractions. D:
    hahah
    AHHAHAH
    ahahahahahA
    HAHAHAHAHHA

Like we are going to go around checking each member's infractions.
    AHAHAHAHAH

<3

People can PM us about having a non-expiring infraction on them.
    I just reversed yours, since 6 months have passed since then.
      

Never Again. Ever. I mean it.

<span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span> has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann <span style='color: #a01313'>Arsik</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Ailios
    Total Level
    20xx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Puppetry
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Scamall
    Level
    4x
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    What, it'll be good exercise for you guys: going to each person's profile, getting to know them better, learn their dark secrets so that you can blackmail them at an uncertain time in the future, make them see that you guys are human too, tease them for not being mods and overall just make you guys seem more approachable, considering your public relations status that you guys carry. D:

+ Reply to Thread