+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: (New) Infraction System (re)explained

Dream Yogi
    Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Reih
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Freiya
    Type
    Fiona
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    There's so many of you.
    SO MANY.

I just went through 3 pages of top-posting members, and I'm bored. Have stuff to do.
    __

Also, we can't EDIT the expiring time on an already given infraction, just reverse, so we'll only be reversing those that should have expired by now in accordance to the new system.
      

Mabination President Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Hanna's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    roflelf
    Total Level
    xxxx
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Guild
    n/a
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Character
    vindictussucksyoufuckingnoobs
    Gold
    I remember when I was 1 point away from a 6 month ban
    gooood times

much pumpkin Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat is a master of the Mabinogion Taycat's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Taycat
    Total Level
    Talent
    Magic
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Taycat
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Guild
    Witch's Brewery
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I have a non-expiring one, do something foot lady.

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    You know what, screw you guys. I won't do anything until I get a PM.

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashikoki View Post
    You know what, screw you guys. I won't do anything until I get a PM.
    Can I PM you for date as well?

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by SKochiya View Post
    Can I PM you for date as well?
    Sanae a slut

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Sanae a slut
    Oh.... okay...

Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Episkeu
    Total Level
    2xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Episkey
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Ah. These rules make it a little bit clearer ... but I don't really approve the whole severe infraction expiration concept.

I thought the idea was, doing something that deems a severe infraction was irreversible. To be fair, if a person accumulates 28 points via severe infractions alone ... then there is something wrong here.

Also, there's a bit of a loophole if you let severe infractions expire. Look carefully at the ban durations, specifically the 24 point length.

Sanae a slut
    She's a good girl, now answer her requests before she invokes the art of summoning a miracle via another miracle.

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Episkey View Post
    She's a good girl

Quote Originally Posted by Episkey View Post
    Ah. These rules make it a little bit clearer ... but I don't really approve the whole severe infraction expiration concept.

I thought the idea was, doing something that deems a severe infraction was irreversible. To be fair, if a person accumulates 28 points via severe infractions alone ... then there is something wrong here.

Also, there's a bit of a loophole if you let severe infractions expire. Look carefully at the ban durations, specifically the 24 point length.
    Perhaps but forgiveness for good behavior I think is a very good idea. I mean people can change.

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey has slain a prairie dragon Episkey's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Episkeu
    Total Level
    2xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Episkey
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingofrunes View Post
    Perhaps but forgiveness for good behavior I think is a very good idea. I mean people can change.
    I'm all about forgiveness, it's a wonderful thing to forgive another person.

But forgiveness doesn't remove the penalty of a person's actions. I can forgive someone who trolls/harasses me, but if the actions they did were severe enough to warrant a major infraction then they should still have that penalty remain.

If it's not so severe and can be remedied with "good behavior", that's a minor infraction.

Now then - if the Moderation Staff wants to be merciful and spare people the permanency of their negative consequences, that's another story. However, it won't work - due to how the current infraction system is in place ... mainly again due to the "24 points ban period" loophole.

To sum it up, the argument I'm trying to present is that good behavior shouldn't be able to remove major infractions - only minor infractions.

If they really have changed, then the points accumulated via a major infraction shouldn't even be of any concern. Right?~

Also, if I may take a more cynical route ... What if I don't want to forgive the offender?

Why should the Moderation Staff be able to say - in my place:

"Oh, someone did X,Y, and Z and got a major infraction. While it was quite the terrible thing they did against you, they will have a tabula rasa in 180 days. So yeah, we (the system/Staff) will eventually forgive them of their actions. Why you ask? Because people can change."

+ Reply to Thread