+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Spam Policies

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Spam Policies

Over the months we had quite a bit of disagreements as a community as to what kind of posts constitute spam. Today we'll make that clear for everyone.

First of all, these policies only apply from now onward. That means posts made before this won't count. Secondly, we're going to place emphasis on the fact that Bean Rua is not a board in which most of these rules apply. Bean Rua is an off-topic-off-topic board (in short, its a psuedo-spam board). For anything unclear, refer to the global forum rules.

Thread/Post content that constitutes spam:
    • Necroposting is now considered spam rather than a violation of its own.
    • Unnecessary spoiler tags within spoiler tags.
    • Being blatantly off-topic. No new ideas or discussions formed, no agreements or disagreements, the post provides nothing. It literally exists to fill space.
    • Image-only responses are spam unless it helps to add to the discussion or topic. If you're using a reactionary image or a meme image, make sure you add to it with written context.
    • Agreement posts such as "^" and "this" after quoting is considered spam. We understand that you might want to quickly show your agreement to a post, but you can always do so while adding your own voice to it.
    • Derailing a thread isn't spam unless you are warned to stop by a moderator. We usually don't care if a thread derails, but sometimes it is better to split the discussion in to two threads or try to get the topic on track.
    • Double (or more) posting. If you have something you want to add, just edit the previous post. If you really feel the need to bump your thread, make a new post and then merge the two (edit old post in to new one and delete the old one). A lot of people accidentally double post, so unless you're a constant offender of this we most likely won't act.

What constitutes spam, even in bean rua:
    • Flooding. If you're on a massive posting spree, we might ask you to stop. There is no specific given number for what is considered flooding, but a good rule of thumb is if you've made about 10 threads in the span of a day. The site is not so active that the front page of any category won't be filled with only your threads by the end of that posting spree. We'll judge this based on staff discretion, and upon deciding that you have flooded, we'll be asking you to stop.

We haven't really set these policies in to practice, so this is going to be mostly a trial period. Though the policies are "final", it is still subject to discussion and change. Some people were worried that the agreement posts ("^" and "this") being considered spam might be a problem. We'll simply see how it goes and if it seems too difficult to control, we'll just remove it from the list.
    Last edited by Ashikoki; 07-01-2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: Fixed a small typo (as > ask)

Chen Fanboy
    Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Kingofrunes's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    *claps*

I think most people will be satisfied with these changes. Of course there will be one or two people who disagree but that's life for ya. Now you can sweep this under the rug and move on to other changes!

[Tumblr|Youtube]
    Local Touhou, Undertale, Runescape, Overwatch, Minecraft, and Zelda/Pokemon Fanatic.

The Restless
    Snowie Stormflower has disabled reputation Snowie Stormflower's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    XSnowie
    Total Level
    15xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I've seen a few accidental double posts though (and made a few myself earlier today, though I deleted the 2nd one whenever I noticed it).
    I hope that's not something we can get in trouble for?

Fastest reply ever.
    |
    V
    Last edited by SKochiya; 05-10-2013 at 06:26 PM.

♥ 気持ちいい ♥

Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki is a master of the Mabinogion Ashikoki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    When I say double post, I don't mean the kind that is accidentally and automatically caused by the site.

Dream Yogi
    Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku is a Nation Alchemist Baku's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Reih
    Race
    Elf
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Freiya
    Type
    Fiona
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by SKochiya View Post
    I've seen a few accidental double posts though (and made a few myself earlier today, though I deleted the 2nd one whenever I noticed it).
    I hope that's not something we can get in trouble for?
    Of course not, it is quite obvious when the double post is accidental.
      

+ Reply to Thread