Guild
    Japtem
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

How to convert music files into mml

Hi, i heard that most people when composing a score usually just run a midi file through a program to generate mml codes.

If someone could make a short guide on how to do that, that'd be great, i could start helping to cut down on some of these mml requests, instead of adding my own to the pile ^^;

thanks~

Cookiebunny the Mabination seal breaker Cookiebunny the Mabination seal breaker Cookiebunny's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Cookiebunny
    Total Level
    5XXX
    Race
    Human
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Currently looking for an existing thread, but until then, I'll post my own response.

So long as you have obtained a copy of a MIDI file, you can run it through 3MLE (technically it's called 3ML Editor 2), which you can download at this link: http://3ml.jp/download.html. You can easily run the program after extracting the files.

Located under "File" on the menu bar is the option to "Import Standard MIDI File..." It'll spit out the converted MML shortly after you select the file in the browsing window. All you need afterwards is rudimentary knowledge of how MML works if you need to cut it down to fit a certain composition rank.

There's also an explanation of this with screenshots, found in this full-fledged music guide: http://mabination.com/threads/2810-Kaxiyu-s-Music-Guide.

If you need any more help, let me know, as I make my own MML/modify existing ones all the time. XD
    Last edited by Cookiebunny; 03-14-2014 at 09:40 AM.

Mabination User Masadeer the noob elemental master
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Masazangetsu
    Total Level
    26XX
    Talent
    Vates
    Guild
    Japtem
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    how do you merge tracks! D=
    Last edited by Masadeer; 07-23-2014 at 03:10 PM.

Resident Furvertâ„¢
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Each track can only play a single note at a time (so you can only have three notes playing total without fantastic chorus vocals). If you have one track that has some melody and then it stops and a different track picks it up, copy-paste the second track onto the end of the first and just remove the rests or whatever.

If it's more complex than that you'll have to learn MML and edit the score more directly.

+ Reply to Thread