+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mabination Gold Info

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    I'll work out the thread views thing later based on average views of threads.

The gachapon thing is fun (if people mean what I did for the eevees) but it's a huge pain in the ass to do, it can't be automated. So if it happens again it isn't going to be very often.

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    Gold's usefulness tops out after you purchase the no-ads upgrade. The pet icons are a nice touch but a nation gachapon would be a neat tried-and-true Mabinogi-themed idea.

This is a bit low. I'm pretty sure that the "Show your latest accomplishments" thread has the greatest number of views at 2,991,238 and it only comes out to an extra ~15k gold, which is hardly noticeable for such an accomplished thread.
    To your first point, I agree that the usefulness of gold is pretty limited. I wish and hope to somehow make it something more desireable and interesting to obtain other than simple hoarding. I don't know how realistic adding more features would or could be at this point, I've brought up a couple already and am contemplating other ideas. I do however know that we can and will add more interesting pets, as well as more events for exclusive pets.

At your second point (regarding the efficiency of thread views to gold), I typed out this whole exact comment when I initially read this, however I decided against it simply because I'm sure Osay is going to tweak it but wanted to input something so that we can start testing it and getting feedback. It also can't be something too high and easily abusable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osayidan View Post
    I'll work out the thread views thing later based on average views of threads.

The gachapon thing is fun (if people mean what I did for the eevees) but it's a huge pain in the ass to do, it can't be automated. So if it happens again it isn't going to be very often.
    I think increasing it perhaps to 0.1 or 0.05 or something might end up working a little better. I only glanced, but at an average of 1,000 views per thread we will see people getting 100 to 50 gold per thread (granted, higher viewed threads will yield better income so to speak). I imagine it's even possible to limit how much gold can be obtained from views in certain sections, so perhaps the most visited sections can be worth less than the less popular ones (or more valuable ones like guides).

I would love to see more gachapons like the eevees, with icons of some sort. I, however, wish we could do some sort of gachapon that gave various amounts of gold or if we could do something more complex like various rewards of gold, pets, potions, and such. Stuff like this isn't too high on the priority list right now though. Perhaps as an event even, we could do something like this.

+ Reply to Thread