Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

"It can be used on an object as many times as you wish."

Quoth the Platinum Hammer of Durability's description...or, at least, something along those lines.

Use it once? Poof.

That is cruelly vague wording at its FINEST. I understand that the hammers are consumed, but you can use OTHER hammers on a particular object, but nowhere is that specified in the item's description. And even if I misread it or something, you don't say that above statement on what is actually a consumable item. That's just unfair.

So, I just blew my Platinum Hammer from the Hot Time event on a robe I'm planning on ditching in about a week. Weeeeee.

Sucks Dick Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal Cannibal's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    A hammer that raises the Maximum and Current Durability by 1 point. It can only be used on items with Durability lower than 20. The hammer will be consumed upon use.
    Hm.

Mabination User Zwartwit the bear slayer with a single blow
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Zwartwit
    Total Level
    7XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I'm talking about the in game description, not the one over on Mabi World Wiki.

hammer.
    Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Murasaki's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    It's worded poorly.

What it's actually talking about is the ability to use Platinum Hammers more than once on a weapon. This is in contrast to the Golden Hammer, which you can only use on a weapon once. Basically, you can use multiple Platinum Hammers on a weapon, but only one Gold one.

Mabination User
    Poster of the year
    Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh is a master of the Mabinogion Kueh's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Shuiqiu
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Pure
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Shuiqiu, Kueh
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Murasaki View Post
    It's worded poorly.

What it's actually talking about is the ability to use Platinum Hammers more than once on a weapon. This is in contrast to the Golden Hammer, which you can only use on a weapon once. Basically, you can use multiple Platinum Hammers on a weapon, but only one Gold one.
    ^ This.

It reminds me of when I first heard from my sister while I was playing zelda that, if I got the biggoron sword, "If you hit anything with it twice, it will break."

I immediately went to the stone that you needed the stronger bombs for and broke my sword, thinking she meant what I hit would be the thing to break. LOL

Website Guy
    Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Osayidan's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Chise
    Total Level
    6xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Druid
    Guild
    Nakama
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyrelle
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    3x
    Guild
    MabiNation
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kueh View Post
    ^ This.

It reminds me of when I first heard from my sister while I was playing zelda that, if I got the biggoron sword, "If you hit anything with it twice, it will break."

I immediately went to the stone that you needed the stronger bombs for and broke my sword, thinking she meant what I hit would be the thing to break. LOL
    I did the exact same thing. I just sat there staring at my broken sword like the entire world around me had fallen apart.

Mabination User JasonHero the bear slayer at age 10
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Jasonhero
    Total Level
    1XXX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Close Combat
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    When i got the hammer and read the description, i went to the wiki page and stared at it for minutes, trying to figure out what the hell was the right description.

Mabination User Zwartwit the bear slayer with a single blow
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Zwartwit
    Total Level
    7XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    It's probably a shoddy translation from the Korean version or some such.

Still, for those of you reading this, take this as a warning, I suppose.

Mabination User Second is a friend of Nora Second is a friend of Nora Second is a friend of Nora Second's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    Second
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Tailoring
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Zwartwit View Post
    I'm talking about the in game description, not the one over on Mabi World Wiki.
    I'm going to guess the wiki has an old description, but nexon removed the last part because they mistakenly thought it was redundant.
    Last edited by Second; 07-14-2014 at 07:54 PM.

My Eweca is rising

The Grandma Fighter Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra has slain a prairie dragon Kapra's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    whoknowswho
    Total Level
    5xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Gold
    I really can't blame them, I have trouble explaining the difference between a Gold and Platinum hammer myself.

+ Reply to Thread