+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3
1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Fleet Feet aren't 20% (and racial speed info).

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Fleet Feet aren't 20% (and racial speed info).

I got a pair of Fleet Feet today. Having done various experiments with movement speed bonuses before I was quite excited to get "+20%"... then I put them on and thought "there's no way this is +20%". So I decided that it's finally time to test player movement speeds in-game.

I used an updated version of my data reading table to track my character's coordinates in-game (with CE set to update the values every 500ms). I logged on with each playable race and then oriented the camera to face north as well as I could (testing via the y-axis changes upon movement) and making sure I would not pass any map segment boundaries. I then recorded the coordinates while I held down the W key to run straight forward. After this I noted the coordinates at each 500ms update (so double the difference would give the units per second).

Raw Results

Humans move at ~380 units per second.
    Elves move at ~500 units per second.
    Giants move at ~450 units per second.
    Human (Fleet Feet) is ~424 units per second.
    Human (Alpaca Robe) is ~460 units per second.
    Human (fleet+robe) is ~504 units per second.

So if Humans are 100% move speed, then...
    Elves are 131.58% the speed of humans.
    Giants are 118.42% the speed of humans.
    Fleet feet are 111.58% movement speed.
    Alpaca Robes are 121% movement speed.
    Feet + Robes are 132% movement speed.

(If anybody on Ruairi has Fleet Feet for females, a commerce speed reforge (either gender), or a Wave Sweeper I can borrow for further testing, I'll put the numbers up here.)

And finally to confirm that Fleet Feet are definitely not +20% (because this is Mabi), I went into my HS with somebody and had them apply a +15% from March Song. I then exited the party, overwrite the buff, put fleet feet on, and ran with them to the other side of my HS. They were faster.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold

... Where the hell did wiki get 20% in the first place? Looking at its talk page, a few players also discovered that it wasn't 20% at all, which all of this is news to me.

I'm gonna contact the person who put the 20% where the fuck he got it from.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 03-17-2015 at 06:02 AM.

December the adult December the adult December the adult December's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Winterbreeze
    Total Level
    Guild
    Avantosik
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Colour (AUS) Contrary (East)
    Type
    Fiona
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Rydian View Post
    Humans move at ~380 units per second.
    Elves move at ~500 units per second.
    Giants move at ~450 units per second.
    Human (Fleet Feet) is ~424 units per second.
    Human (Alpaca Robe) is ~460 units per second.
    Human (fleet+robe) is ~504 units per second.

So if Humans are 100% move speed, then...
    Elves are 131.58% the speed of humans.
    Giants are 118.42% the speed of humans.
    Fleet feet are 111.58% movement speed.
    Alpaca Robes are 121% movement speed.
    Feet + Robes are 132% movement speed.
    So fleetfeet + alpaca robe on a human is only barely faster than an elf?
    I assume fleetfeet and the robe increase the speed of elves too, instead of slowing them down, right?
    ~ the Laggy Australian Archer
     Signature

Signature

Resident Furvert™
    Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian is a Nation Alchemist Rydian's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    That other video assumes 15% for Fleet Feet, but it's definitely less since the 15.x% buff was faster than I.

My numbers aren't exactly precise due to being unable to orient my camera according to an axis easily so there could be 1 to 2 degrees of difference, but the results were consistent. So I guess my question now (other than seeing if people have those other items for me to borrow) is what numbers to round to? Standard half-up, so giants are "18%" while Fleet Feet are "12%" and Elves are "32%"?

Also the Alpaca Robe should be the same as a level 7 reforge (IIRC people said level 6 when they first came out), but that's assuming that each reforge level is 3%... which is something else I'd like to test.

Mabination User k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo the wise k1nsoo's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Kinsoo
    Total Level
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Jouis
    Type
    Hurk
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    Very interesting data. I believe KR mabi players have already claimed that fleet feet are about 10% plus from its base speed. From my experience, they do stack with alpaca robe or other movement speed modifiers (such as G19 commerce reforged outfits).

For commerce however, instead of 10% from its base speed (let us say that we have lvl20 speed G19 outfit), I believe it adds up with reforge modifier, making 60%+10%. I dunno how fleet feet works with wavesweeper, I'm guessing its additive with fleet feet bonus %?? I do have 16% wavesweeper and fleet feet but I can't find efficient ways to compare results.

Resident Furvert™
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Fleet Feet and the Alpaca Robe stacked additively (they are separate set effects after all), I'd like to see if other things do as well.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    IIRC Floral Fairy gives 10% movement speed to its owner when summoned. You can test that to fully confirm whether Fleet Feet really is 10%.

Resident Furvert™
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    RRM
    Total Level
    13xxx
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Takingover
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    I actually wasn't playing when those came out.

Will try to remember to test Commerce partner though.

Elvs gud! Rite guise? Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Surrept
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkboy132 View Post
    I'm gonna contact the person who put the 20% where the fuck he got it from.
    Oh I thought that you speaking on mabiwiki sounded a lot more goddamn harsh than what one would expect.
    ____
    The 20% mainly came from most folks doing the calcs via commerce and the data came back 20% for the most part. I haven't given enough of a damn to look at them since I did and there wasn't enough resources at hand to prove if it was multiplicative or additive, which is the big question. Fleet Feet are an entirely different class of speed increases as opposed to the existing ones, and comparing a TS20+Fleet which was going the same speed as a nimbus, there had to have been a greater increase than what 10% was.

Additionally, here's the only data that I have remaining from my fleet feet tests.

Oh those numbers? Here you go
    TS20+Fleet Feet
    Normal Human Speed:1.00(Reference)
    Speed with wagon: 3.61, Nimbus speed.
    Speed with Elephant: 2.63, Thoroughbred Speed
    Unmounted Movement Speed MAX(Human):2.22
    Unmounted Movement Speed MAX(Elf):2.94

In TS19 as an elf, charge at ~1600 distance takes hardly a second to complete.
    You'd be teleporting at this speed almost.

Alpaca(20% Increase)+Fleet Feet
    Wagon:2.71, ~Thoroughbred Speed
    Elephant:1.97, Exceeding Shire Speed.
    Regardless, I'll redo my tests tomorrow since I now have another speed modifier to toy around with (Level 11 Guarded Steps), and a bit more in the way of calculating all of this since I tested it in July. Wave Sweeper, Reforge, March Song, and Racial speeds are additive from my casual testing, however, Guarded Steps, Fleet Feet, and Transport Speed are Multiplicative. Fleet Feet are also the ONLY bonus that is a universal applier, as none of the other speed bonuses actually affect everything (Read: Affect normal+Commerce). Additionally, I'm a garbage candidate for testing as I've played an elf for two and a half years, and measuring speed precisely is difficult as its just going over the speed limit anyways.
    Last edited by Esileruf; 03-18-2015 at 02:50 AM. Reason: HOW COULD I FORGET MARCH SONG. HOOOOW.
     :^)

Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Esileruf View Post
    Oh I thought that you speaking on mabiwiki sounded a lot more goddamn harsh than what one would expect.
    I'm sorry? All I said on wiki was that the videos on Fleet Feet disproved the claim on 20%. I'm sorry if you find anything I said offensive.

Mabiwiki has much different standards of how they want their community to treat each other. However, I meant no offense to you or your tests, so again I apologize.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 03-18-2015 at 02:26 AM.

+ Reply to Thread