+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 48
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Renovation?

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeporo View Post
    I've run across three people since the update hit who hold the opinion that Bash is a terrible skill compared to Smash.

Ok.
    They're probably not hitting 2x per use and a whole world of smash being irrelevant (besides for giant with combo card) has yet to open up for them.

Mabination User Crhymez the succubus slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Crhymez
    Total Level
    1xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Hmm.... it makes me think humans are now the "master" race...lol
    I started as a giant but some of these changes really make me want to make a human.

the noob ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman is a Nation Alchemist ironwoman's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    ironwoman
    Total Level
    1xxxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Beginner
    Guild
    Valencia
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Oberynn View Post
    They're probably not hitting 2x per use and a whole world of smash being irrelevant (besides for giant with combo card) has yet to open up for them.
    I assume they're not using the right weapons either (Fanatic Great Sword, Demonics, etc).

I gotta say though, seeing a single hit high number is pretty satisfying, though you can easily do that with a Fanatic Great Sword.

While we're on this topic, I wanted to ask a question: If I were to wield a normal and a slow sword with an attack speed set, what would the speed be when it comes to FH?
    Last edited by ironwoman; 04-23-2015 at 12:48 AM.

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    • Bash > Smash. I see no point in using those debuffs. Bleed is atrociously weak, daze is mostly moot since magic/alchemy is easily intercepted, and that defense reduction is too small to be noticeable.
    • Exactly what is the point of lessening the restrictive mobility on Defense and Counterattack? There's still no reason to use them over anything.
    • Final Hit needed a utility buff, but its damage is extremely overpowered, especially if it can destroy Provocation Barrier Spikes with just a single use. Likewise, Bash is way too powerful and its stun is too great while making Smash completely obsolete.
    • Charge/Assault splash is okay... maybe? I haven't looked at it yet.
    • I'm not keen on the idea of Rage Impact. It's pretty redundant because Berserk, and it's basically a "free-get-out" card like area of effect pets but with a shorter cooldown. Also the fact that it's a huge boon to Lances is pretty dumb. They could have reworked close combat's overall slow speed and modified Defense and/or Counterattack to handle multi-aggro a little better rather than slapping in a new skill.
    • Dual Wield Mastery isn't necessary at all, it's more spoon feeding and ends up making balance from dex and sword balance obsolete. With near end-capped strength, capped will, and capped luck from skill-stats, I already have 600 max damage, capped balance, and 200% critical with dual red focused beams unnerfed, all without DWM bonuses.
    • Why the hell is Wooden Sword unaffected by any of the Close Combat weapon stuff?
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 04-23-2015 at 05:07 AM.

ϜΙϞ KingFintchz the explorer of Rano KingFintchz the explorer of Rano KingFintchz's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    Fintchzsan
    Total Level
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Gunslinger
    Guild
    Elusive
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    Lyzete
    Type
    Hurk
    Level
    Playing?
    Playing NA Vindictus
    Gold

How I feel as a giant after seeing people use final hit.

S/O ZLATKA for profile picture!

Mabination User 800mans the golem slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    happywilly2
    Total Level
    22XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    Depraved
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    TearsofHope
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Retired
    The Great Arctic North (No seriously Canada)
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by KingFintchz View Post

How I feel as a giant after seeing people use final hit.
    funny thing is thats exactly how I felt when I watched giants smash with a lance before patch xD

Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn the all-knowing Rynn's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Alexina
    Character
    retcarahC
    Total Level
    25XXX
    Race
    Human
    Guild
    Raid
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by ironwoman View Post
    I assume they're not using the right weapons either (Fanatic Great Sword, Demonics, etc).

I gotta say though, seeing a single hit high number is pretty satisfying, though you can easily do that with a Fanatic Great Sword.

While we're on this topic, I wanted to ask a question: If I were to wield a normal and a slow sword with an attack speed set, what would the speed be when it comes to FH?
    It probably averages to slow.
    For final hit you want either normal speed + attack speed effect or fast speed if you have no attack speed effect.

Attack speed doesn't work on fast speed, so normal + attack is actually more hits.

Beams and royal sword for non-att speed people and demonics for att speed people.

Also in case I haven't said it enough BASH IS SO GOOD.

Mabination User 800mans the golem slayer
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Ruairi
    Character
    happywilly2
    Total Level
    22XX
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Martial Arts
    Guild
    Depraved
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    NA - Vindictus East
    Character
    TearsofHope
    Type
    Lann
    Level
    Guild
    Retired
    The Great Arctic North (No seriously Canada)
    Gold
    For final hit you want either normal speed + attack speed effect or fast speed if you have no attack speed effect.

Attack speed doesn't work on fast speed, so normal + attack is actually more hits.

Beams and royal sword for non-att speed people and demonics for att speed people.

Hmm, what if I want the royal swords for bash enhancement qq. Does that mean i have to dual wield dual wield words? FH swords + bash swords?

Elvs gud! Rite guise? Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf is a friend of Nora Esileruf's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Mari
    Character
    Surrept
    Total Level
    Race
    Elf
    Talent
    Lance Combat
    Guild
    Playing?
    Casual
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold

Final hit got a speed boost. Normal might be fast enough w/o attack speed set but that depends on what the speed boost is on FH.

Unless my eyes are deceiving me that people are attacking as fast as the old fast+attack set with final hit+fast weapons.
     :^)

sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans is friends with Cichol sans's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Esileruf View Post
    Final hit got a speed boost.
    No it didn't.

This is before they decided to give it 400% damage.
    Last edited by Darkboy132; 04-23-2015 at 02:04 AM.

+ Reply to Thread