Music
    Guild
    Dreams
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Level
    Gold
    The problem with attracting new users to Mabinaton is partially due to how much more...."strict" we are with our rules compared to, for example, the Nexon forums.

Around here, derails are relatively short and threads are rarely beyond the point of no return. If someone posts something off-topic on the Nexon forums there's a really high chance all hell breaks loose and the thread is beyond saving.

We at Nation are also a lot more serious in our posts and most players here are also elitist * in a way that there aren't that many "casual" players around here, or at least when they show up, they don't tend to last very long among us.

Mabination certainly welcomes new players, but beyond the friendly "Hi and Welcome"-threads, Nation isn't -that- newbie friendly, when you step in here, you're gonna get advice to aim for the best, and that's maybe what scares people off as well.

It's just a feeling I've garnished over the past few years here, perhaps I worded it all wrong, but I hope some people understand what I'm trying to say.

* Due to lack of a gentler word I sorta had to use this one, but it doesn't really say what I mean.
    Last edited by Snowie Stormflower; 05-03-2015 at 12:54 AM.

Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad the dragon knight Konrad's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Gonchi
    Total Level
    50xx
    Race
    Giant
    Talent
    Magic
    Playing?
    Playing rarely
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Server
    EU - Vindictus
    Character
    Qnjo
    Type
    Evie
    Level
    Playing?
    Retired
    Gold
    @UP I see what you're getting at. Being pretty casual myself, I sometimes feel like this:

Something in between would be nice...

Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007 has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Aubog007's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    NA - Tarlach
    Character
    Equivalent
    Total Level
    14xxx
    Race
    Human
    Talent
    Mercantile
    Guild
    Sunrise
    Playing?
    Retired
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Nexon forums is also full of spam, and people who ban at will.

Mabination User Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass has transcended Tuatha Dé Danann Compass's Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Server
    None
    Playing?
    Playing actively
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Qnjo View Post
    @UP I see what you're getting at. Being pretty casual myself, I sometimes feel like this:

Something in between would be nice...
    Yeah, I agree.
    Opinion time. Some of the users should have never been promoted to mods, not only were some of oblivious to some of the rules such as spamming in Bean Rua, but there's an inconsistency between how they moderate as well. Some are way too strict, some are more relaxed, some are harsher towards a specific user, others are nicer, etc

It's Showtime.

<span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span> has disabled reputation <span style='color: #4169E1'>M</span>'s Avatar
    Mabinogi
    Vindictus/Heroes
    Gold
    Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    Yeah, I agree.
    Opinion time. Some of the users should have never been promoted to mods, not only were some of oblivious to some of the rules such as spamming in Bean Rua, but there's an inconsistency between how they moderate as well. Some are way too strict, some are more relaxed, some are harsher towards a specific user, others are nicer, etc
    Behold, the mass inconsistency of two people!
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowie Stormflower View Post
    The problem with attracting new users to Mabinaton is partially due to how much more...."strict" we are with our rules compared to, for example, the Nexon forums.

Around here, derails are relatively short and threads are rarely beyond the point of no return. If someone posts something off-topic on the Nexon forums there's a really high chance all hell breaks loose and the thread is beyond saving.

We at Nation are also a lot more serious in our posts and most players here are also elitist * in a way that there aren't that many "casual" players around here, or at least when they show up, they don't tend to last very long among us.

Mabination certainly welcomes new players, but beyond the friendly "Hi and Welcome"-threads, Nation isn't -that- newbie friendly, when you step in here, you're gonna get advice to aim for the best, and that's maybe what scares people off as well.

It's just a feeling I've garnished over the past few years here, perhaps I worded it all wrong, but I hope some people understand what I'm trying to say.

* Due to lack of a gentler word I sorta had to use this one, but it doesn't really say what I mean.
    I like to think we cater to a more mature crowd looking for serious answers, serious buyers/sellers of items, and real looks into the future content of mabinogi (in addition to other topics of course). At the same time though, we have to accommodate to the children of the forums who can't quite be mature about things and thus the stricter rules.

Regarding the mature people on nation, they probably don't mind the rules and most have no warnings or infractions; most of them don't bother reporting things unless it's super cereal and probably don't have the rules memorized because they use common sense and figure out the things they shouldn't do. I believe that this makes up the majority of users on nation.
    Last edited by M; 05-03-2015 at 11:12 AM.

Closed Thread